Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

So your choices are............

So AN has been heavily linked by the bookies (doesn''t really mean too much) with Rangers, certainly nothing to suggest he wants to go, however his relationship with the fans hasn''t been the best the last few months and he may well be tempted if offered, which could suit the board (no compensation) so where are we likely to find his replacement? 4 candidates spring to my mind;-

Hodgson, probably too expensive, suited more to DOF role?

Rowett, young, done a decent job at Brum, supposedly boring football.

Warburton, did well in the Championship previously, struggled lately with Rangers, in truth should have got them promoted a season earlier (was my initial thought)

Pardew, does well in his first season at a new club, has the contacts, is he long term, could we afford him ?

Whats your view, i think it will be someone like the above, not in work so no compensation, although if AN does go we wouldn''t have to pay him off, but be careful what we wish for, discuss.

Sorry to point out that we don''t have a CEO in place, with the history of our board, my money is on Hucks or Ricky being given the temporary position then given it full time in the summer!

[quote user="Indy"]Do we who?[/quote]Steve Stone is acting CEO and don''t bet against Ed Balls in the shadows pocketing another £90K for lending a hand.

Were the board not going to have a big meeting with key staff about restructuring the club this month ? i reckon its all happening now behind the scenes, Steve Stone head of Operations, new DoF on the Horizon, just what do you Alex ?

Til, I know Stone is acting again but that''s not CEO is it! It''s a temporary post which will have little bearing on the next manager unlike McNally or Moxey!

Unfortunately if Balls has anything to do with installing a new manager than it will more than likely end up being Ricky...........

What has Warburton really done that warrants him being given the chance here? He''s just another AN, managed Brentford with some success then a huge club in one of the poorest leagues in Europe.

I''d like to see a high profile manager one with either a good playing cv or management cv.

Who I don''t know, but in my mind I still can''t see AN getting the Rangers job, nor can I see this board sacking him, so I''ll at the choices are very limited IMO.

One thing Warburton would have learnt to deal with at Brentford...and maybe more so at Rangers, is expectation.

He should have developed a pretty thick skin by now and would also be pretty ruthless in his pursuit of success.

As a job, we are somewhere between Brentford and Rangers,

we could do worse.

I would prefer Gary Monk.

Mark McGee is also available, cough, no thanks.

We aint getting any kind of high profile manager. If AN was to leave which I doubt then Warburton would be about right. There aint much out there who would come to Norwich, who would be a huge upgrade on AN, imo

Morty wrote;

If that''s the only choices, Lessingham, I''d rather stick with what we have.

You are probably right Morty, i''m sure there are other choices, the challenge will be who, will only happen if Alex says he wants to go, then the change is forced which is never the best way to make an appointment, could take time.

Our next manager is the most important decision this board have to make and judging on past decisions they are unlikely to get it right!

Have to say i had sympathy with Warburton when he left Brentford, think he handled the Rangers thing terribly (based on what seen in the media) which makes think what did happen at Brentford? and do we want that at CR, as Deltic says next decision is most important one.

Pretty much academic isn''t it, as they''re bound to give the job to Alex McLeish-available, no compensation and has already had a successful period as manager there.

Our choices should be pretty broad. We should be an attractive prospect to most managers in this division and all in the divisions below. If Leeds with their basket case of an owner can still attract good managers then we should be in good shape.

Paul Heckingbottom is one who has caught the eye with the job he''s done at Barnsley. Japp Stam is having a great first year in management. Graeme Alexander has done a fantastic job at Scunthorpe and Paul Cook is impressing people at Portsmouth.

Until Delia throws Alex Neil out of her pram he will remain manager. We probably have at least another Christmas with him here.

Judging on recent past managerial appointments surely they are more likely to get it right, at least in the short term.

Surely they made the right decision, at the time, for 3 out of our last 4 managers.

Lambert, Hughton and Neil must all have been the right choice at the time, surely.

Weren''t they all McNally''s appointments? Delia put Neil Adams in !😉

Perhaps a case of endorsing McNally''s suggestions Indy, but surely the decision was ultimately theirs. Got to be the case isn''t it?

Wouldn''t mind Rowett, or Warburton but neither strike me as "quick, go and get them now".