Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Norwich City fans told not to film or take photographs during games.

I noticed two fans in front of me last Sunday live streaming their view of the game to Facebook. It seemed a bizzare way to spend the first 45mins of a derby match, especially considering the game was on TV anyway.

To Morty and Fenway

Indeed Fenway. Like him or not he is getting off his ar $es and trying to forget a career for himself.

Perhaps his detractors are dissatisfied with their own miserable lives.

I don''t think that any body is jealous of his " life" , in my case it''s irritatation at his whining because the owners of intellectual rights are stopping him from " stealing " .

He has grown up in the digital age ,, it''s part of modern culture to protect what is your intellectual property .

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]You bunch of miseries, perhaps you should get on with your own lives instead of criticising his. If you don''t like his videos don''t watch them, and Dickie Davies never looked good in a dress compared to Natalie Sawyer .[/quote]This rather proves my point. Having a woman presenting a news or sports program is a distraction, especially if dolled up or wearing a dress.By all means have a female presenting a cookery or light entertinment program, but let''s not distract viewers watching more serious content.

Is anyone actually saying " I''m gonna watch jack reeve instead of watching sky sports" though?

It''s not like he is making any money out of it. The whole thing is a nonsense. I have a thing with my mates where when I get to an away ground I take a pic of the empty ground and post it on Facebook with the caption " $hit ground, no fans" are they going to stop me doing that?

I am part of the minority living on the other side of the world and appreciate any sight of the team I have followed for over sixty years by any medium that I can find. I wish there were more people like Jack Reeve to keep us the minority in touch.

Keep it up my son.

[quote user="Len"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]You bunch of miseries, perhaps you should get on with your own lives instead of criticising his. If you don''t like his videos don''t watch them, and Dickie Davies never looked good in a dress compared to Natalie Sawyer .[/quote]This rather proves my point. Having a woman presenting a news or sports program is a distraction, especially if dolled up or wearing a dress.By all means have a female presenting a cookery or light entertinment program, but let''s not distract viewers watching more serious content.[/quote]The same could be said of male presenters regarding gay men.Perhaps they could be made to wear a vel .... which would add the the fun if only that the other sort of ''male'' the Daily Mail would undour=btedly see scenes od said mailers self combusting of paroxyms of inflamed indignation.As to Mortys point. The old maxim of  ''rules are for the guidance of wise mean and the obedience of fools'' certainly applies here. The club has quite sophisticated CCTV yet has never used that to stop fans taking photos etc. The idiot has taken that as a signal to use that attitude as a sign that he can do what he likes as regard filimg as long as it is not live footage of the game. Nothing has changed bar this idiot abusing that easy going attitude. For my part it would be a warning then an automatic ban, Whilst he is at a low level anything else that would require court action would find their case hampered by precedent ie they have previous not enforced their legal copyright.as with him.Unfortunately much that is now reported is never explained in the context of the relevant legislation, but is swamped with misleading guff about hedgehog flavoured cucumber and kids banned from playing conkers etc So undoubtedly it will be portrayed as the big bad business crushing the little man. However fi we sup with the devil then we should not be surprised that is is him who puts what he wants in the pot. And in this case Jack should shut his mouth, comply with what''s required and take a step back, because far from being seen as a strong voice by those he really wants to impress he will be seen in the same light as many before him, who are now ''untouchable'' as far as broadcasting is concerned.

[quote user="morty"]Oh I get it now Len, you''re meant to be funny?[/quote]It''s no laughing matter. Broadcasting standards have dropped and the political correctness brigade have demanded female sports presenters for spurious equality reasons.Most seem to be chosen because they are easy on the eye rather than because they have any talent. Sky is a dreadful channel in general, a yardstick for how quality has plummeted.There''s a time and a place. I''ve got no problem watching woman presenters such as Charlie Dimmock or the wonderful Barbara Woodhouse.

Have you seen Charlie lately Len, rather stuff me old sofa buddy, in fairness to her though there''s not that much to chose between them.

[quote user="VW"]Have you seen Charlie lately Len, rather stuff me old sofa buddy, in fairness to her though there''s not that much to chose between them.[/quote]I met her a few months ago when she made a personal appearance at a care home in Drayton. No airs and graces. She was very pleasant to my wife and knew what all the plants in the garden were called (ie not just a big bum!).If Sky did a Gardeners'' World type of program then I''d fear that it would be presented by a topless bimbo who had little idea about the subject.

[quote user="morty"]Is anyone actually saying " I''m gonna watch jack reeve instead of watching sky sports" though?

It''s not like he is making any money out of it. The whole thing is a nonsense. I have a thing with my mates where when I get to an away ground I take a pic of the empty ground and post it on Facebook with the caption " $hit ground, no fans" are they going to stop me doing that?[/quote]

Presumably he is making money out of it though morty, is that not the point? His YouTube tv channel is a commercial operation?

Could be wrong Jim, but I don''t think he is. He''s just getting exposure, and experience, with a view to a job in the media.

Which is TOTALLY the wrong way to go about it.He''s hardly likely to be welcomed on board any company that coughs out huge sums for the broadcastings rights, nor any media who would want their staff to be able to access clubs without being regarded by them as nothing more than a nuisance.His site is not that of some hobbyist, or enthisiast as with Ipswich crazy. It is part of a wider group - and a said by someone else a while back. You don''t get into retail by starting out ass a shoplifter.

mind you he does have an older bloke with him who looks a bit like a young Michael Foot (who did start out as a journalist/editor)

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"]Is anyone actually saying " I''m gonna watch jack reeve instead of watching sky sports" though?

It''s not like he is making any money out of it. The whole thing is a nonsense. I have a thing with my mates where when I get to an away ground I take a pic of the empty ground and post it on Facebook with the caption " $hit ground, no fans" are they going to stop me doing that?[/quote]

Presumably he is making money out of it though morty, is that not the point? His YouTube tv channel is a commercial operation?[/quote]I am not sure how these channels work, and what the business plan might be, but if it is a commercial operation at some point in the process I doubt it matters whether he is making making money out of it or not. It is then is on a different level to someone posting a selfie somewhere.

[quote user="morty"]Wow.

Calm down.[/quote]eh ?you are quite an odd little fellow at timesI''m not sure if relaxing over a cup of team with my feet on a chair requires me to calm down any more

I''d say taking photos a lot of people don''t see anything special about a football match that they have paid to be a part of. So why not take a photo of an an event they are attending. The commercial rights money probably hardy affects the price I''ve paid for the ticket so I don''t care. Coming from Glasgow to Norwich is a major trip and If I want to take a photo or even a video(gets the crowd noise) I will. Even if the photos are usually rubbish. I''m not going to want to do it to often anyway. What I find strange are not being allowed photographs inside shopping centres.

[quote user="KiwiScot"]I''d say taking photos a lot of people don''t see anything special about a football match that they have paid to be a part of. So why not take a photo of an an event they are attending. The commercial rights money probably hardy affects the price I''ve paid for the ticket so I don''t care. Coming from Glasgow to Norwich is a major trip and If I want to take a photo or even a video(gets the crowd noise) I will. Even if the photos are usually rubbish. I''m not going to want to do it to often anyway. What I find strange are not being allowed photographs inside shopping centres.[/quote]You haven''t actually paid to be part of a match. You have paid to be a spectator, where the conditions are well set out before you purchase yor ticket.The commercial rights money has no affect on the admission price, that is dermined by what the market will bear ie what fans will pay for a particular game.You have actually answered your own question " I''m not going to want to do it to often anyway" that is why no action is ever taken on that basis.This case is different. It is someone filming for commercial purposes, completely different thing even though it is by the same method.With a shopping centre it would be not only hard, bit expensive to monitor, what is and is not commercial purposes. Much as in years gone by blokes used to congregate outside, or even inside TV shops to watch the football results come up. Shops took no notice or action. However were you to turn up with your own chair on a regular basis and make yourself at home while sat there for any hour or so watching the TV I''m sure they would be justified in stopping you.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]You bunch of miseries, perhaps you should get on with your own lives instead of criticising his. If you don''t like his videos don''t watch them, and Dickie Davies never looked good in a dress compared to Natalie Sawyer .[/quote]

Exactly.

If he is so bad then why do all the outlets now post after game videos and away day chats etc.

Fan videos and commentary are part of the ecosystem that increases fan interaction.

If a young lad wants to be on TV then why not cut his teeth making videos? i cannot think of a better way to practice if thats what you want to do.

A balance between looking after the rights of live broadcast and the benefit of viral/fan generated content has to be struck lest we get left with a boring sensitised propaganda.

I like the videos because its good to see young people supporting their club and having a good time doing it. Maybe a few young fans may think they want to go watch some away games.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"]Is anyone actually saying " I''m gonna watch jack reeve instead of watching sky sports" though?

Presumably he is making money out of it though morty, is that not the point? His YouTube tv channel is a commercial operation?[/quote]I am not sure how these channels work, and what the business plan might be, but if it is a commercial operation at some point in the process I doubt it matters whether he is making making money out of it or not. It is then is on a different level to someone posting a selfie somewhere.[/quote]Michael Bailey posted a video a few weeks ago of him being accosted by a steward as he was interviewing fans - I think it was outside the Rotherham stadium - and being asked to show his media pass, so it seems as if clubs generally are cracking down on non-authorised people.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I don''t know, but I''d be surprised if he''s not earning through advertising through his YouTube channel.[/quote]I watched one of his breakfast videos and a logo for a Norfolk restaurant was on screen together with a couple of verbal plugs. Presumably he''s getting some sort of payment in cash or kind ?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I don''t know, but I''d be surprised if he''s not earning through advertising through his YouTube channel.[/quote]I watched one of his breakfast videos and a logo for a Norfolk restaurant was on screen together with a couple of verbal plugs. Presumably he''s getting some sort of payment in cash or kind ?

[/quote]Perhaps, but it doesn''t have to be as direct as that.I know someone who has a YouTube channel and earns through advertising.  A basic explanation of how it works is, you sign a contract with a company and they earn money from adverts on your channel and you get paid a percentage of this.  There are quite a few companies that do this.  The better ones, the ones that are the most lucrative are very difficult to get in to.  The person I know gets paid into their PayPal account.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I don''t know, but I''d be surprised if he''s not earning through advertising through his YouTube channel.[/quote]I watched one of his breakfast videos and a logo for a Norfolk restaurant was on screen together with a couple of verbal plugs. Presumably he''s getting some sort of payment in cash or kind ?

[/quote]Perhaps, but it doesn''t have to be as direct as that.I know someone who has a YouTube channel and earns through advertising.  A basic explanation of how it works is, you sign a contract with a company and they earn money from adverts on your channel and you get paid a percentage of this.  There are quite a few companies that do this.  The better ones, the ones that are the most lucrative are very difficult to get in to.  The person I know gets paid into their PayPal account.[/quote]Are you being paid to advertise P**Pal? I''m not so I put the *''s in.

Jack seems to be working his way into the local media. I heard him reading the sports bulletin on Radio Norfolk the other day. Who know, maybe he''ll be the next Rob Butler.

[quote user="Woodman"]Jack seems to be working his way into the local media. I heard him reading the sports bulletin on Radio Norfolk the other day. Who know, maybe he''ll be the next Rob Butler.[/quote]Wouldn''t he want to set his sights much higher than that?