Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Norwich City fans told not to film or take photographs during games.

No, generation thick cannot seem to grasp the principle of intellectual property rightsFootball clubs sell their soul to the devil when accepting certain types of sponsorship. One of the conditions in this case is that all images derived from a game are the intellectual property of that sponsor.Unfortunately just as cretins cannot understand why performers object to their work being filmed so they cannot grasp why recording in a ''controlled area'' is wrong. This is not about some fan taking ''snapshorts'', but some halfwit filming, then using that film to post online in a commercial form..Neither is this some draconian measure suddenly being imposed. It has long been known, back to the ''City'' beer being stopped some while back.

The problem seems to have arisen because Jack Reeve of Norwich Talk fame has been complaining too much about filming restrictions inside grounds that the authorities have decided to playhard ball and clamp down.As dibbler says there''s thousands of cameras at games so in practical terms it''s unworkable but sports grounds are private property so if the owners don''t allow filming inside then that''s just too bad.

Young Jack should have confined himself to filming in Jake''s kitchen because there is only going to be one winner in this but he is getting publicity which i believe is what he set out to do over this issue.

Generation Thick was the expression used a few years back.. and that was at a uni, and applied to to all but to those who lacked basic common skills, a grasp of the world beyond social media and an expectation that everyone else was responsible for their well beingas to this case, this lad is trying to set himself up as some alternative media source... fine and good luckbut if you want to challenge the ''big boys'' then take on their costs and responsibilties - and stop imagining that you are somehow clever because no one else is doing itthere are reasons for thatones that have finally been brought home to you today (?) ie take down ALL footage shot in the ground, and maybe on NFC land, carparks, frontage etc and remember the club has the ultimate sanction

I guess we''ll see whether this has a real impact if they start getting content filmed during games taken down from websites where it is posted.  Which IMO would be a massive own goal by whoever makes that decision, because shaky mobile phone footage of fans cheering a goal etc doesn''t compete with official content at all.

Never understood why people feel the need to get their phone out filming or snapping pictures for the whole game, like this so called "vlogger" Jack Reeve (whose face I am sick of seeing on all articles related to this matter) who must surely spend more time on his phone than watching the game?

Also when a penalty is given, everyone behind the goal insists on getting their phone out to video it, but for what purpose? To watch it back? If that''s the case just watch the damn highlights, which are freely available on YouTube!

Rant over.

Does seem to be an over reaction.

Do the tickets T&C still prohibit the use of a camera at a ground?

I think most venues are ok with pics being taken, as long as they are not used commercially, and that seems to be the rub here - not dissimilar to pubs streaming premier games from other satellite providers a few seasons ago.

Sky pay just over £11million per match and BT £7.6million per game for Premier League games they want to protect that investment.I know our games aren''t Premier League matches but it must be part of any TV deal that the clubs must be shown to try and prevent the rights being infringed.Incidently, anyone else noticed that Sky''s much heralded Friday night football seems to have fallen by the wayside? 

Archant putting the wrong spin on this in my view by potraying this as an attempt to clamp down on "fans". Its actually the latest instalment of an ongoing spat between Reeve and the EFL authorities over videos (filmed in the ground) posted on his site. I doubt very much that the EFL give a t**s about the odd selfie or crowd shot video finding its way onto the net but he is using these videos for commercial purposes and so I would assume should have a licence.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Archant putting the wrong spin on this in my view by potraying this as an attempt to clamp down on "fans". Its actually the latest instalment of an ongoing spat between Reeve and the EFL authorities over videos (filmed in the ground) posted on his site. I doubt very much that the EFL give a t**s about the odd selfie or crowd shot video finding its way onto the net but he is using these videos for commercial purposes and so I would assume should have a licence.[/quote]Agreed, in any event it would be totally impossible to prevent 27k people from filming something on their mobiles. A perfect example of where modern technology has made an old law unenforceable.

It''s the continual pictures on social media of the club''s scampi and Bovril that have caused this. You mark my words...

Its like some people need to justify ''I was actually there'' here''s my proof...

Same thing happens at gigs, idiots holding phones and cameras up the whole time, just to put a 5hit version up on youTube - just f u c k ing enjoy yourself!

I can''t work out why people get their phones out and record terrorist attacks when they should be running away !!!

He seems to be a fame-hungry budding Sky presenter rather than an ordinary fan. I think this young man needs to get out into the real world before venturing in front of the cameras. Perhaps do some travelling and write up reports of his journey.

This is the trouble. I doubt young Jack would know where Outer Mongolia actually is.What we have these days is childish sports presenters treating the whole thing like some kind of childrens television show or variety performance. Young Jack would do well to look at Dickie Davies in his prime rather than trying to ape that former Blue Peter presenter he seems to idolise. Davies remains a class above the current crop of imbeciles presenting on Sky.Young Jack needs to do something with his life instead of trying to jump from sixth form to the Sky Studios. He is having to lie to his audience in posing as a humble fan. Find himself and be his own man is my advice.

You bunch of miseries, perhaps you should get on with your own lives instead of criticising his. If you don''t like his videos don''t watch them, and Dickie Davies never looked good in a dress compared to Natalie Sawyer .

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]You bunch of miseries, perhaps you should get on with your own lives instead of criticising his. If you don''t like his videos don''t watch them, and Dickie Davies never looked good in a dress compared to Natalie Sawyer .[/quote]Double thumbs up [Y] [Y]

Indeed Fenway. Like him or not he is getting off his ar $es and trying to forget a career for himself.

Perhaps his detractors are dissatisfied with their own miserable lives.