Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Adrian Durham

Can''t say I''ve ever been his biggest fan, but listening to him on my drive home he has gone up a little in my estimation. Him and Andy Townsend were talking about Sunday''s game and he mentioned the minutes applause and how he thought it was a great bit of banter.

Anyone who uses the phrase "banter" should hand their tongue in. "Banter" is a shorthand excuse for racism, sexism, homophobia and discrimination wrapped up in a ready made excuse blanket.

Durham doesn''t actually ''say it how he see''s it'' though. He says whatever controversial thing he knows will piss off enough people to generate phone calls/clicks regardless of whether he actually believes it. He''s football''s Katie Hopkins.

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Anyone who uses the phrase "banter" should hand their tongue in. "Banter" is a shorthand excuse for racism, sexism, homophobia and discrimination wrapped up in a ready made excuse blanket.[/quote]So humour is only humour if you say so? How very intolerant of you.

The younger crowd where I work frequently use the word banter and I''m pretty sure none of them are sexist, homophobic or racist, so that''s sweeping generalization

The younger crowd where I work frequently use the word banter and I''m pretty sure none of them are sexist, homophobic or racist, so that''s sweeping generalization

I think you are just using that as an excuse to brush it under the carpet.

Jamie Witherspoon wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 8:46 PM:

Anyone who uses the phrase "banter" should hand their tongue in. "Banter" is a shorthand excuse for racism, sexism, homophobia and discrimination wrapped up in a ready made excuse blanket.

Great banter 👍🏻

"Ah calm down mate, it''s just a bit of banter."

This is what pussies say because they haven''t the courage to stand behind what they said.

It''s like a "Get out of being punched in the face free" card in Monopoly.

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]The younger crowd where I work frequently use the word banter and I''m pretty sure none of them are sexist, homophobic or racist, so that''s sweeping generalization[/quote]That''s how the left wingers work, sweeping generalizaions. I tend to find that those who go on about intolerance, will tolerate anyone, except those that don''t agree with them. Then they will attach some -ism to them in an attempt to prove that they have the moral high ground, when infact all they''re doing, ironically, is resorting to name calling.

Lol lessingham, I''m really not, but I will accept some people do use it as an excuse for inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour so spoons is right in that regard

"That''s how the left wingers work, sweeping generalizaions. I tend to find that those who go on about intolerance, will tolerate anyone, except those that don''t agree with them. Then they will attach some -ism to them in an attempt to prove that they have the moral high ground, when infact all they''re doing, ironically, is resorting to name calling"

This post is a fantastic study in irony.

@Darth

Lol lessingham, I''m really not, but I will accept some people do use it as an excuse for inappropriate and unacceptable behaviour so spoons is right in that regard.

Was only a poor attempt at humour Darth.

IBT - "That''s how the left wingers work, sweeping generalizaions."Please tell me that this is deliberate irony![:)]

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Anyone who uses the phrase "banter" should hand their tongue in. "Banter" is a shorthand excuse for racism, sexism, homophobia and discrimination wrapped up in a ready made excuse blanket.[/quote]

Boring n0b

[quote user=" Badger"]IBT - "That''s how the left wingers work, sweeping generalizaions."Please tell me that this is deliberate irony![:)][/quote]Sorry, because of my sociopolitical left wing tendencies, I spoke to a doctor to have my sense of irony surgically removed. I have no idea what you are on about.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Is a man who can perform surgery by just speaking to his patients really a doctor?

[/quote]I would suppose that this is a question better put to a psychiatrist.