Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

Replace Neil with who...?

Lots of excited fans it seems about the prospect of Neil leaving to go to Rangers (purely based on bookies odds)Who would you replace him with?

Bookies odds ?the same idiots that backed Redknapp down to a certainty that he was joining the binners ?so lets have this debate when he has left (for what ever reason)

I really don''t get the negativity towards AN right now. He has been trying his best and we''ve had some really good results. There are all these people saying ''You''ve ruined the club, Neil, get out!'' and things like ''He can''t get the best out of his players'' etc., etc. It''s total nonsense really. Who is going to do a better job with the players we have? Plus, him going now is us basically admitting the season is over. A new guy probably wouldn''t even come in until the summer or, with our board''s track record, until a couple weeks before the new season starts! Then we have the same issue all over again, in terms of signing new players and what have you.I think some of our fans are, unfortunately, deluded. They think we have some sort of divine right to be in the Prem, which of course we don''t.Having said all of this, my choice of replacement would be Warburton actually. Always thought he was a good manager and unfortunate not to get Brentford promoted a couple of times (I think!)

I wonder if the supporters who are calling for Neil''s axe would change their tune if it was revealed we had tried to land a Hodgson, Ranieri, Warburton in January...but turned us down.

Getting rid of Neil without having a better replacement not only lined up, but announced within 48hrs would be utter suicide in my opinion

BobLoz3 wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 5:07 PM:

I really don''t get the negativity towards AN right now. He has been trying his best and we''ve had some really good results. There are all these people saying ''You''ve ruined the club, Neil, get out!'' and things like ''He can''t get the best out of his players'' etc., etc. It''s total nonsense really. Who is going to do a better job with the players we have? Plus, him going now is us basically admitting the season is over. A new guy probably wouldn''t even come in until the summer or, with our board''s track record, until a couple weeks before the new season starts! Then we have the same issue all over again, in terms of signing new players and what have you.

I think some of our fans are, unfortunately, deluded. They think we have some sort of divine right to be in the Prem, which of course we don''t.

Having said all of this, my choice of replacement would be Warburton actually. Always thought he was a good manager and unfortunate not to get Brentford promoted a couple of times (I think!)

Is this post serious!? It would have been harder for a manager not to get this squad in the top 6 this season. To be 18 points of automatic promotion in February is under achieving on an epic scale

Something not many people have thought of is the pre-game preparation of our players. At the end of the day, Neil can only see what is going on in training all week. Week after week we are screwed over by momentary lapses in judgment/concentration by individual players (i.e Murphy not marking the Danish dude) that obviously don''t get revealed in training.

Maybe there needs to be a hard look at how our players prepare (mentally and physically) before games during the times they are not at Colney.

[quote user="AcrossThePond"]I wonder if the supporters who are calling for Neil''s axe would change their tune if it was revealed we had tried to land a Hodgson, Ranieri, Warburton in January...but turned us down.

Getting rid of Neil without having a better replacement not only lined up, but announced within 48hrs would be utter suicide in my opinion
[/quote]Pointless statement.

Morty! He knows the answer to all our problems and would work well with the owners who he seems to love 😂😂😂

I''m with JF... we have underbelly achieved on a huge scale this season and have failed even by the boards expectations

Neil going to Rangers could work out well for all parties I think. No sacking on his record, no resignation on his part, amicable split when we all know this season hasn''t worked out. As a young Scottish manager, I''m sure he would jump at that chance as well.

As for replacement, Warburton for me

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 5:36 PM:

How much compo can we sting Rangers for? Big Smile [:D]

I''d imagine if it happens it will be because it''s a deal that suits all parties so any compensation would be minimal

[quote user="JF"]BobLoz3 wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 5:07 PM:

I really don''t get the negativity towards AN right now. He has been trying his best and we''ve had some really good results. There are all these people saying ''You''ve ruined the club, Neil, get out!'' and things like ''He can''t get the best out of his players'' etc., etc. It''s total nonsense really. Who is going to do a better job with the players we have? Plus, him going now is us basically admitting the season is over. A new guy probably wouldn''t even come in until the summer or, with our board''s track record, until a couple weeks before the new season starts! Then we have the same issue all over again, in terms of signing new players and what have you.

I think some of our fans are, unfortunately, deluded. They think we have some sort of divine right to be in the Prem, which of course we don''t.

Having said all of this, my choice of replacement would be Warburton actually. Always thought he was a good manager and unfortunate not to get Brentford promoted a couple of times (I think!)

Is this post serious!? It would have been harder for a manager not to get this squad in the top 6 this season. To be 18 points of automatic promotion in February is under achieving on an epic scale[/quote]

This is all going to get a bit long with the quotes and the realisation I wrote quite a lot the first time around!

Yes, it is serious. I have been disappointed with Neil this season but I have been reasonably pleased with recent results. Looks like we''re slipping up again a bit now but the way this season has gone, anything could happen in the next game. Depends which Norwich turns up but that is the fundamental issue. Consistency. That is down to the players, on the pitch. I agree that freshening things up would be beneficial but I also don''t think the blame lies entirely at AN''s feet. If he goes, needs to be after the season is done.

Something not many people have thought of is the pre-game preparation of

our players. At the end of the day, Neil can only see what is going on

in training all week. Week after week we are screwed over by momentary

lapses in judgment/concentration by individual players (i.e Murphy not

marking the Danish dude) that obviously don''t get revealed in training.

Maybe there needs to be a hard look at how our players prepare

(mentally and physically) before games during the times they are not at

Colney.Surely this is his job to prepare the players and sort out out all these mistakes.As I''ve said before on here, he should have gone at the end of October 2015.Warburton in for me please.

Crabbycanary3 wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 7:25 PM:

Looks like it won''t be Woy, as he is talking to Leicester

Shame. With his connections to the owners had we moved and sacked Neil before Xmas the chances are we would have got him

This is the question that is always asked but why? It is not our job to know who to replace him with, we have a highly paid temporary CEO to identify his replacement.

I spend all day at work, not scouring Europe for the next Neil Adams.

How often would Lambert (first time around, not now) or Neil have come up on one of these threads before their appointments? Never, I''d suggest.