Sign in to follow this  
steve strange

Huckerby is crippling our team

[quote]Get rid.[/quote]

Rubbish!

I''d much rather have him playing for us than against us! end of!

p.s: welcome to the pink''un board, Steve.

Don''t jus come on here and say we should get rid of hucks. I hope is as you are a new member trying to get attention.

Alright give us some reasons as to why hucks should be dropped?

I wouldn''t say get rid of him, but I really do think that basing the team around him and Ashton is detrimental to the power of the team. In the matches where he was banned, we had a much more balanced team and the full backs were better protected.

The eternal Hux question: is he a forward or a midfielder - is oft discussed and we all say he is neither. Well then he shouldn''t be playing in either position! Our 4-3-1-2 line up yesterday was actually really good which is why we looked much better. Play Hux as the "1" and he can do his thing without creating much of a weak spot defensively - this way he can move from either wing and also go straight up the middle, running the ball into the box for somebody to shoot.

I like to watch him play, but if he sat in the hole I''m sorry to say it would be the end of McVeigh''s time in the team. However, Worthy is more likely to play him on the wing so then Brennan and Marney will be warming the bench for a many more matches.

I am agreement that Huckerby sometimes hasn''t had the positive effect he had when he first signed. My detailed argument is somewhere on here and I think you''ll find that people will pay more attention to you if you use more than just 1 word in your comment. Welcome to the board.

[quote]Get rid.[/quote]

welcome binner

HUCKERBY FOR MANAGER!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]I wouldn''t say get rid of him, but I really do think that basing the team around him and Ashton is detrimental to the power of the team. In the matches where he was banned, we had a much more balanced...[/quote]

" We all " don`t Brum  !  Hucks IS , and always has been , a striker ....  I believe that he has opted  for the role of feeder   because  its not in his nature to  be a glory seeker  !    and Nigel should kick his arse and  tell him  to get out there , and get nasty    no more mister bleedin nice guy   Hucks  , hear me ?

Do you have to be that picky? It comes up on here, it comes up on Canary Call, it comes up on other boards and even I hear it in the pub, so how about I say "a good number of people, with the exception of sheded and his chums" - happy now???

When are people going to accept that Huckerby MUST play CF in this team. He is not an orthodox left winger and will always leave our defence exposed. He should up front with Ashton. And McVeigh and not Brennen should play wide left. That way when Huckerby drifts left, McVeigh can switch to the centre causing trouble for their markers. I''m sick of all this "Huckerby can''t play up front as he drifts wide left too much". Has anyone seen Thierry Henry play for Arsenal? Practically the most successful striker in their history. And he drifts wide left all the time! Never did him or Arsenal any harm!

Never have had any time for the diving little headless chicken.  Worthy is stuffed because it''s catch 22, leave him out and we lose and Worthy is fecked.  Leave him in and he has to base the entire team tactics around Huckerby (who is NOT VERY GOOD).  Hello Norwich fans, how long will we take to realise what Man City, Newcastle, Leeds fans cottoned onto?  But no, keep on calling for Worthys head whilst our team goes into a Hamiltonesque flatspin again.  Thanks for the welcome to the board by the way, sorry for the brief opening post and please don''t call me a binner I''ve supported City for nearly 30 years.

If we''d started with Hucks and Ashton up front vs Reading we would have had a better chance of winning in my opinion. Hucks may not have been 100% fit but a 10% Hucks would have been more effective than a 100% Lisbie. Hucks is only a liability when Worthy plays him as a wide midfielder against a strong opposing flank - but eh does it matter what the fans think anyway?

Even as a left winger Hux draws two opposing defenders onto him, such do they believe his threat to be.

However Nigel is so tactically useless that we can''t exploit the space that that should create, Hux is often left with b****r all support and has to get his head down, take on both defenders and their cover, get to the byline and hope someobody has bothered to get into the box.

If we had an ounce of smartness we would have another man up there at all times at inside left and create so many overlaps that we could walk the ball in.

Its like Worthy buying a Rolls Royce and using it only to buy his morning newspaper.

I think the Worthy-Haters should blame Hux for Worthy still being in a job, if we hadn''t beaten the binners I think he would be gone by now, so yeah get rid of Hux for scoring the winner against Ipswich......

[quote]Never have had any time for the diving little headless chicken. Worthy is stuffed because it''s catch 22, leave him out and we lose and Worthy is fecked. Leave him in and he has to base the entire te...[/quote]

Hello " steve strange "  were you watching the game last night ?     maybe you want to add a bit more   anti Hucks garbage to your previous post hmmm ?

For my money Hucks was the man of the match !   he was  THE  reason that Saffri and Doc   were able to score , no question !   he had a field day in the first half   , with only a sprog [ Wise ] to beat , he must have thought Christmas had come early     and  those  quickly taken short corners   illustrated Hucks  experience ,  and , probably , Nigels  tactical  input ?   

After the break  , surprise surprise , Hucks was marked really tightly  ,  but we still dominated the game   ,  the confidence had returned ,  it was a delight to watch !    couldn`t fault any of our players  , except Deano , he never should have come onto the field !  He`s obviously not 100%   , and  failed to  get a grip on Cort in our box ... thus the early Hull goal

More of the same  Nigel !! 

Let''s not forget Hucks himself says he prefers to play on the left wing. Doc says he prefers to play as the right sided centre back and I don''t see many people complaining about that at the moment.I think you have to play it based on the opposition. Against weaker opposition right siders you can play Hucks on the left wing not risking to much threat to poor Drury in defense. However, when facing dangerous right siders I would go for McVeigh (not Brennan) on the left wing. He has better positional sense than Hucks and also has the creative brain. Doesn''t matter what foot he uses, Hucks is predominantly right footed anyhow.