Sign in to follow this  
Bill

sickening violence after the game

Bring back wrote There might have been some sickening violence if the scummers had come to the Compleat !

Sounds like you are just a thug

Pity you did not fight in the last war it might not have lasted 6 years

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I assume the thread title was firmly tongue in cheek City1st ?[/quote]as if !though it was interesting to see how many had clicked with 15mins of it going upmaybe the arrangement (both fans out together) was more to do with trains than anything else, otherwise all well organised and as said, much was just  silly posturingand tribal loyalties aside I suspect we are all happier for it being nothing more than a bit of shouting

If the Ipswich fans cannot behave themselves then they ought to be banned. Nip the problem in the bud.

[quote user="daly"]Bring back wrote There might have been some sickening violence if the scummers had come to the Compleat !

Sounds like you are just a thug

Pity you did not fight in the last war it might not have lasted 6 years[/quote]Pretty sure I remember Gulf war 2 (the sequal) being shorter than that?

it might be difficult to ban someone from being a fanotherwise they have been stopped from having an official away pub as the can''t behave decentlyunfortuantely as tickets are allocated to those who have travelled away the most it does mean a fair number of over excited young farm hands will have ticketsmany who will have been at some illicit moonshine before setting offstill they were well policed yesterday, bar the odd gutbucket who could not control himself - most likely the effects of being in a full ground

I think the police like to rely on horses. If we''re talking about Ipswich fans then the boys in blue need to treat the situation like a fox hunt. Round them up using horses, then send the dogs in to finish the job off.

[quote user="Len"]I think the police like to rely on horses. If we''re talking about Ipswich fans then the boys in blue need to treat the situation like a fox hunt. Round them up using horses, then send the dogs in to finish the job off.[/quote]it would require binners to be purposely bred then released nearbythough if it is sheer stupidity then I doubt there would have to be any breding, they churn out idiots like their combine harvester churn out straw

We asked a police person, why there wasn''t a show of dogs, and they said they are only used as a last resort, and one reason stated was that , if someone, with more testosterone than they can handle, decides to get too close to a dog wanting to take it on, and the dog does it''s job, then there could be problems! A roll of eyes, and a comment along the lines of "Well, that''s its job" later.......

The funniest sight I saw, was a pensioner, sarcastically applauding a senior copper and saying ''great job, looking after your own'', and the copper didn''t really know how to react.

This bloke is being treated as a hero on twtd. Apparently he''s laughing at us ... They took him to Wymondham for the rest of the afternoon.😀

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]This bloke is being treated as a hero on twtd.😀[/quote]That is to be expectedHeroes at poorman road are rather thin on the ground at the moment..

..... unlike our gutbucketed binner, it would seem !

bin

a requestcould naughty folk not copy this picture so as to post it where ipswich fans might see itthat would be very inkind

[quote user="Flash Gordon"]bin[/quote]Good Old Rob the Steward helping throw fatty out.Him and Jim Bowen were legendary stewarding the Block D stairs back in the day.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]We asked a police person, why there wasn''t a show of dogs, and they said they are only used as a last resort, and one reason stated was that , if someone, with more testosterone than they can handle, decides to get too close to a dog wanting to take it on, and the dog does it''s job, then there could be problems! A roll of eyes, and a comment along the lines of "Well, that''s its job" later.......

The funniest sight I saw, was a pensioner, sarcastically applauding a senior copper and saying ''great job, looking after your own'', and the copper didn''t really know how to react.[/quote]There were police dogs in vans along Clarence Rd before the game and they looked murderous b*stards.Anyone with a testosterone problem could easily have got it remedied as those brutes looked as though they had quite a liking for dangly bits [:D]

[quote user="OldRobert"]That fat thing being ejected is really quite ''orrible isn''t it?  They do breed some frights down there.[/quote]You have obviously never met Waveney ? [:P]

Re the Snakepit - someone threw a flare onto the pitch after our disallowed goal. A few minutes later the stewards started wading in to try and remove a fan right in the middle of the block. I assume this was the fan they thought was responsible although I have no idea if he was. They did it in their usually stupid heavy handed manner which inflamed everyone in the vicinity and resulted in a lot of pushing and shoving. One very agitated bloke was going mental at the stewards for something or other.

Basically they handled it very badly and it nearly kicked off quite badly but in the end it was mainly just pushing and shoving. Could have just waited for the bloke at the end of the game and intercepted him if they knew who he was.

To be fair to the Stewards Jim, they couldn''t let that incident pass, without reacting. For all they knew, the guy could have had half a dozen lemon sherberts in his pocket.

[quote user="OldRobert"]That fat thing being ejected is really quite ''orrible isn''t it?  They do breed some frights down there.[/quote]He was quite slim compared to some of the fugly umpa lumpas in the front rows.

Jim Smith wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 6:54 PM:

Re the Snakepit - someone threw a flare onto the pitch after our disallowed goal. A few minutes later the stewards started wading in to try and remove a fan right in the middle of the block. I assume this was the fan they thought was responsible although I have no idea if he was. They did it in their usually stupid heavy handed manner which inflamed everyone in the vicinity and resulted in a lot of pushing and shoving. One very agitated bloke was going mental at the stewards for something or other.

Basically they handled it very badly and it nearly kicked off quite badly but in the end it was mainly just pushing and shoving. Could have just waited for the bloke at the end of the game and intercepted him if they knew who he was.

It was all handbags Jim, the biggest ruck I saw was some "hard" dick nose and a lardy lad having a go at a middle aged woman sat in front of him .

If the stewards knew who threw the smoke bomb too right that they went in and pulled the guy out, he could have had a few more tucked away and caused a serious incident if they went off,

you can''t just let that go till the end of the game.

Re: the snake pit thing, just what the hell would you expect? You have to be a tit of the highest order to think you an come to a game these days with a flare, let it off and get away with it. Heavy handed stewarding doesn''t come into it.

Who ever had that flare should be banned for life, I''ve had the dubious pleasure of being '' bombed '' from above and I can tell you it''s no joke, the fumes can do serious damage to your eyes and lungs. MORON !

"he could have had a few more tucked away and caused a serious incident if they went off,

you can''t just let that go till the end of the game"
aside from the obvious danger to others we are in the realms of negligence, any harm however trivial from then on would leave the club with the charge of failing to act - and given the way folk want to sue, the club''s insurance would deny any liability given how the club took no action at that stageand yes, it might be time for some exemplary ''punishment'' here so as to warn others offmaybe take a flare and shove it where the sun doesn''t shine before letting it off (if you pardon the expression)