Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Gary Monk

According to BBC sport, from the Daily Star - we, alongside Derby and Forest are looking at Gary Monk, who''s contract is up at the end of the season.

Probably not much mileage in this one but it''s good to hear we are looking!

I don''t believe for one minute we are looking at anybody ..............unfortunately.

Presumably, we''ve nearly eight more years of the ten year plan as yet to enjoy/endure (dependent your level of ambition). Would love to see Monk here but why would he want to come?

I wouldn''t say no...then again...not sure it''s gonna prove to be an improvement... You can never predict , but it''s time for a change and he would be a valid option

I can understand why Monk was given a short term contract, but why are they waiting until at least now, to be dealing with it? He''s done a good job, and they are higher than even their own, deluded, fans could of dreamed of.

It'' the owners, isn''t it..................?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I don''t believe for one minute we are looking at anybody ..............unfortunately.[/quote]

If we can first transfer Wynnie to FIFA and then Delia to the FA perhaps this club can make some headway with sensible decisions that need to be made.

But with a Board that is increasingly looking in on itself following the departures of "outsiders" in Bowkett, McNasty and Poxey any change of manager is unlikely.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That''s Leeds out of the play offs then. Destined to follow in the footsteps of Lennon and Bolton?[/quote]Interesting that you have written off Leeds Nutty but no doubt are clinging on hoping we will make it ?  [;)]

I agree with Crabby, he''s done well there. I''d imagine the Leeds owners (like ours hopefully) are waiting to see which division they end up in next season.

Not that I care about Leeds, but if they don''t go up and got rid of him, I think he''d be a good fit for us. However, if we go up at their expense, it''ll be immaterial as I''d expect AN to keep his job.