Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Binners look away now............

After all the talk from our neighbours since Sunday about their amazing support i really expected them to be on this list. (sorry no clicky)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/592562/Championship-clubs-stadiums-average-attendances-20-000-sportgalleries

Suppose that''s the result of 15 years in the championship, star maybe?

And we even have the local constabulary encouraging binners to attend gamesbinthe words which maynot be easily readable are"go on, clear orf you fat old binner"though it does seem that Carrow Road has a one in one out policy with fan binners, as here we can see one of these suffolk pie muchers being removed from the stadiumunfortunately being rather a porker it did require a number of the boys in blue to get him off the ground - it is believed that he was later taken to Wymondham police station by forkliftbin

Just a point of order City1st but the mounted officer was not be a member of the ''local constabulary'' as the nearest forces to have horses are Essex or Nottinghamshire. [:D]

but I didn''t say where he was local to

otherwise it must have been a long old ride all the way from Nottingham or Essexbit like that horse who walked all the way to Wembley in 1923

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just a point of order City1st but the mounted officer was not be a member of the ''local constabulary'' as the nearest forces to have horses are Essex or Nottinghamshire. [:D]
[/quote]

Nottinghamshire disbanded its police horse unit in 2012, for anyone who''s interested ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-21262461

It would be interesting to see where we''d be on that list if it was done on % of capacity. Some of those clubs have a bigger average attendance than us, but their capacity is much bigger and they''re not filling their stadium.

TIL 1010   ''Just a point of order City1st but the mounted officer was not be a member of the ''local constabulary'' as the nearest forces to have horses are Essex or Nottinghamshire.''

''People visiting Kings Lynn at the weekend will have seen a different kind of police presence on the streets.

Norfolk Constabulary’s police horses were used to patrol the Tuesday Market Place area for the first time on Sunday 26 February.

Ridden

by Special Constabulary officers SC Neil Turner and SC ‘Jacko’ Jackson,

Police Horse Frank and Police Horse Jeeves patrolled the historic town

and harbour, taking time to stop and talk to members of the public....................''

from Norfolk Constabulary''s own website

here

ps Tilly, it is not a point of order, it is a point of information

Those two horses are owned by those two Special Constables over in West Norfolk who were encouraged by the Chief Constable to use in the course of their duties in Kings Lynn.They are not on the payroll of Norfolk Constabulary and are no more than a publicity stunt and not trained in crowd control.The horses at the Ipswich game were from The Metropolitan Police.The last mounted officer in Norfolk was the late PC696 Paddy O''Brien of Norwich City Police back in 1968. I joined in 1969 and there have never been any horses owned or deployed by Norfolk Constabulary since that date.Now that is a point of information i hope you can accept City1st ?

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVubZ0Oegy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVubZ0Oegy4[/url]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Those two horses are owned by those two Special Constables over in West Norfolk who were encouraged by the Chief Constable to use in the course of their duties in Kings Lynn.They are not on the payroll of Norfolk Constabulary and are no more than a publicity stunt and not trained in crowd control.The horses at the Ipswich game were from The Metropolitan Police.The last mounted officer in Norfolk was the late PC696 Paddy O''Brien of Norwich City Police back in 1968. I joined in 1969 and there have never been any horses owned or deployed by Norfolk Constabulary since that date.Now that is a point of information i hope you can accept City1st ?[/quote]I''m glad I helped you clarify both those matters - given how naughty old Mr Character chap was infering that you did not know what you were talking about. Nottingham are still the closest force with Police Horse aside from Essex we can assume.We can all sleep safer in our beds knowing that not only do you know the difference between a point of order and a point of information, but that thses chaps might even have a point to make, albeit point to point racing, perhaps. Though not point duty which I believe you quite a dab hand at... regular practice etc.However I would love to see those Metropolitan horses leap out of their horse wagon as they did in the Butch Cassidt film and give chase to the naughty binnersOh and as a point of information what sort of horse is this... it looks more like a pantomime cow than a horse (right of pic) ?

horse

''Mr Character chap'' is indeed correct that Notts have not had horses since 2012 a mere 5 years ago long after i retired but in my day when horses were required for public order use it was always The Met,Essex or Notts who were called upon. Happy to stand corrected on that and i trust you were not blinded with facts regarding those Hobby Bobbies and their pet ponies and the last Mounted Officer namely Paddy O''Brien ? Humility and the admission that one sometimes gets it wrong go along way so maybe you should try it sometimes City1st but somehow i think it will be a long wait especially as you know everything there is to know about everything. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]''Mr Character chap'' is indeed correct that Notts have not had horses since 2012 a mere 5 years ago long after i retired but in my day when horses were required for public order use it was always The Met,Essex or Notts who were called upon. Happy to stand corrected on that and i trust you were not blinded with facts regarding those Hobby Bobbies and their pet ponies and the last Mounted Officer namely Paddy O''Brien ? Humility and the admission that one sometimes gets it wrong go along way so maybe you should try it sometimes City1st but somehow i think it will be a long wait especially as you know everything there is to know about everything. [:P][/quote]I would say get down off your high horse, but I don''t wish to encorage you further.I''ve apoligise umpteen times as you well know, and nor did I take an triumphalist attitude when it appeared you were a bit off re the forces with horses (see above).Maybe compared to you I may appear to know everything, but it would be a bit silly posting up stuff if you weren''t correct ie had checked it first.So stop being a silly Tilly, and perhaps accept that wearing one of those pointed police helmets may have affect your brain over the years... you''ll end up like buh if you are not careful.

City1st in having last word shocker whilst attempting to be funny. Please note i said attempt because funny you are not except in your head.