Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Norwich U23 V Dinamo Zagreb U23 - Premier League International Cup

Forget trying to get promotion...Let enjoy a comp where Norwich are already in the playoffs! Winner gets to play Porto.

Team: Killip; Ramsay, Efete, Bennett, Lewis, Godfrey (c); Maddison, Adams,  Jo. Murphy, Lafferty, JarvisSubs: Oxborough (GK), Ashley-Seal, Crowe, Middleton, Odusina, Jaiyesimi, Cantwell

It''ll take a spectacular fall from grace not to be in the semis against Porto now, anyone know which other teams are left in the competition?

Thanks Kiwi! Amazing stuff indeed John, worth noting that Zagreb have already dispatched both Chelsea and Swansea in this competition so far this season so the scoreline is quite impressive - and there maybe more to come?!.

Let''s face it, a few goals for Lafferty will give the bloke a little bit more of a spring in his step should he be called upon against Sheff Weds at any point, so a bonus there too. Looking forward to the match report afterwards, Zagreb are no slouches from what I can gather looking around online. City''s U23''s doing themselves great credit tonight, I wonder what the value of Chelsea reserves and youngsters are? Would be absolutely amazing if we could win this competition 🏆

[quote user="Alex "]It''ll take a spectacular fall from grace not to be in the semis against Porto now, anyone know which other teams are left in the competition?[/quote]22.02. 19:00
Manchester United U23FC Porto B 0 : 2
15.02. 19:00Sunderland U23 Ath Bilbao B2 : 0
27.02. 19:00
Norwich U23D. Zagreb 2 
28.02. 19:00Swansea U23Hertha Berlin II

Cantwell with a penalty to end the game 6 nil! Wow, now over to the premier league itself where Leicester are destroying Liverpool 2 Nil

if you click hereand go to the bottom of the page it shows either Swansea v Hertha Berlin to play Sunderland in the semiscut and paste is cr ap , as above

Not been following that Kiwi, but disappointed to hear - kind of want Leicester to go down!

City 1st - cheers, I take it Sunderlands win against Athletico Bilbao was a group stage match where obviously neither qualified.

So it''s Norwich v Porto, victors of the Man Utd game, and Swansea v Hertha Berlin in the semis then. Anyone know if we''re home or away, or will it be over 2 legs?

Congratulations to the lads tonight, you''ve done yourselves and our fine club proud 👍OTBC!

We have some real talent coming through the ranks. Sounds too like Maddison shone tonight..

Match report here ---> http://mobile.canaries.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/norwich-city-dinamo-zagreb-u23s-3597633.aspx

Yep, sounds that way SonyC - Maddison rattled the crossbar with another of his trademark free kicks apparently.

No idea if we get to play at home or not I''d imagine it will be a neutral English venue as that is what happens when the European teams play at home(all the matches are played in England/Wales). Its a one off game in the semis and final.

[quote user="Alex "]Not been following that Kiwi, but disappointed to hear - kind of want Leicester to go down!

City 1st - cheers, I take it Sunderlands win against Athletico Bilbao was a group stage match where obviously neither qualified.

So it''s Norwich v Porto, victors of the Man Utd game, and Swansea v Hertha Berlin in the semis then. Anyone know if we''re home or away, or will it be over 2 legs?

Congratulations to the lads tonight, you''ve done yourselves and our fine club proud 👍OTBC![/quote]All matches are played in the UK (have a look at link)so this one will be at Carrow Roadwith maybe the final over two legsSwansea  recently beat us and much may depend on what over age  players are used

ps if we win are we (as the binners) champions of Europe and as it is only the U23''s will the star need to be proportionally smaller ?

Yep, just checked the link City1st and that clarifies everything, cheers 👍. If Man Utd had beaten Porto and therefore got us in the semis then that game would almost certainly have been televised on Man Utd TV or whatever it''s called. Would be great if this stage of the competition was televised, I wonder if Porto may show it on their YouTube channel?.

Jarvis was taken off after 45mins but that was apparently always going to be the case. Hopefully Eddie etc will give their thoughts on here before long as I know he was at the game tonight 👍

It will be at home as all ties are played in the uk - it being a Premier League competitionthe two previous competitions were one leg for final and semi final - so hopefully Hertha Berlin will beat Swansea (played tomorrow night, 28th)winners playing Sunderland , winners there then playing us or Porto

Previous semis were in April/March with the final being in MayPorto were beaten finalists 2016         beaten semi finalists 2015and were in our group14/15

all results 2014/15all results 2015/16

I love these nights. The 2,500 people who took advantage of another free football match were treated to a great attacking display. Glad I took the grandkids and didn''t boycott[;)]
The youngsters play the same system as the first team. (rightly). And it seems their strengths are in much the same areas. Maddison and Cantwell look great prospects for attacking CMs and it was great to see Middleton replace Jarvis and get a good goal nearly straight away. I''ve watched him play for the U21''s since he was 15. A goal scoring wide forward like and yet different to our brilliant Murphy twins.
If only we had a Chris Sutton or Dion Dublin coming through. I haven''t seen the younger age groups this season. Do we have one?