Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Birmingham v Leeds

Another important game for us in play at the moment, a Leeds loss and a City win tomorrow will put us just 4 points behind them with us still to play them - not checked the score since just after kick off but fingers crossed!

Said in the summer and last year Wood was the type of player to suite AN one striker style.

[quote user="Alex "]Another important game for us in play at the moment, a Leeds loss and a City win tomorrow will put us just 4 points behind them with us still to play them - not checked the score since just after kick off but fingers crossed![/quote]??? We were 9 points behind Leeds before this weekend''s games.

they lose we win and it''s only six poundswe still have to play them so one more time like that and we are levelall else being equal

Which of course requires us to win away at Leeds & Wednesday just to get within touching distance.

Taken into account a) out away form and b) form against the top 6 it''s the longest of long shots - which is annoying as Leeds and Wednesday aren''t actually that good

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Which of course requires us to win away at Leeds & Wednesday just to get within touching distance.

Taken into account a) out away form and b) form against the top 6 it''s the longest of long shots - which is annoying as Leeds and Wednesday aren''t actually that good[/quote]if we can''t, then could we in the playoffs if we are good enough we will do itthat''s about as much as we can say

Wednesday have a more daunting set of fixtures, other than Burton at home Tuesday night. My concern is we beat Wednesday then blow it away at Bristol City

3-1

Leeds look a good, well drilled team. Defend solidly, attack well. Can''t believe they would consider getting rid of Monk. If they did, we should be straight in there...

We have the better squad, finances etc. So What do Leeds have that we don''t have?

A no nonsense cb who does the basics, throws himself in front of everything

A striker having the season of his life, playing to his strengths. You don''t see him popping up on the wings leaving nobody in the box like Jerome

Gary Monk. Has a team set up to play a set way to get the best out of key players

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="TIL 1010"]No doubt the dreamers will continue to dream.[/quote][Y][:D][/quote]

What a weird reaction, Slim. John is absolutely correct, and I also felt before the game that Leeds maybe a step too far - but only if they won tonight. Any other result and they''re still in the Sheff Weds/Reading category. The way you seem happily pleased with how tonight''s game has panned out?... If you support Norwich City then you''ve got one hell of a funny way of showing it 🍆

[quote user="Flash Gordon"]''if'' being the operative word[/quote]

It told me all I need to know, City 1st - what a c***, whom we can do without 👍

Don''t think this result affects much really.

I think there is only one playoff place up for grabs as two are too far ahead and it would be unreasonable to expect both the others to miss out.

We have to beat the Owls and drag them back but Fulham still have a big part to play.

Agree with the last two posters here. There is only a maximum of one play off place that is a realistic target. However, how many '' must win '' games in the last year have we gone on to produce a performance and result? I honestly cannot see us winning today I''m (almost) ashamed to say. I think a 2-0 loss is more likely ....i dont know. We should be in a position with our team to beat the likes of Wednesday. To think we would win this game given our away record then its unrealistic isn''t it?