Sign in to follow this  
morty

Team for Sheff Wed.

Which players were carrying knocks?

How much of the Burton squad was 100% fit? The fitness issue does not wash with me at all to be honest.

The only legitimate factor towards the performance IMO would be if we had players carrying knocks and Burton didn''t, but given their squad size this seems unlikely... And even in this instance, it is still a factor that is completely dwarfed into insignificance when you consider the void in both size and quality between the two sides.

Which is why I''m unsure why you even bother to bring it up, and why it comes across like you are trying to find an excuse for the performance.

Given the performance was in keeping with previous away fixtures, what makes you think it actually had any affect at all?

Maybe you could point to it being a factor if we had lost 3-0...

Alex wrote the following post at 03/03/2017 10:56 AM:

I can''t see Oliveira coming back for, I''d guess, a couple of weeks minimum, it''d be a fantastic surprise if he did, but his Instagram picture was of himself on a anti gravity treadmill, not the training pitches at Colney, so fair to say probably a little way to go yet. It''ll be a massive shot in the arm when he does come back to first team duties though.

Whilst I agree, Alex his comment of ''almost there'' is encouraging. If not this week, hopefully very soon

Personally I''d play Wildshut ahead of Naismith. Naismith didn''t look fit to me last week and think our best chance is to attack down both flanks as a win tomorrow is a must. Can''t say I''ve been impressed with what I have seen from Wildshut thusfar but maybe he can show something special tomorrow. Oliveira won''t start even if he is fit which I doubt as AN has a history of starting players coming back from injury on the bench most of the time.

interesting quote from AN at the press conference in terms of wanting more strikers in January but was unable to because they needed to move players out ahead of others coming in. Presumably that means no one was interested in Lafferty, or more likely, his weekly salary. Can''t wait for the summer to get rid of some of those on high wages - whichever league we end up in.

I would play Wildschut ahead of Naismith purely because I think we look more balanced. Naismith isn''t a LM so has a tendency to drift in. I prefer having a LM at LM.

The obvious argument is then to play Josh Murphy, but I wouldn''t play both Murphys together. We lose so much defensively from the start of the game. I still think this maybe down to playing 433 in the U18s so didn''t have to work defensively as much as they do now

I think the back 5 picks itself and I''d go with Tettey/Howson in front of them, then up front I''d have Jerome (Oliveira would be great to have on the bench).

I think Jacob M has done enough to keep his place, it''s got to be Wes behind the striker if fit, and I''d also prefer Wildschut on the left wing - I''m never happy putting Wes or Naismith out on the left wing because neither of them naturally play there, and I think neither of them do particularly well when they are out there.

Maybe this will be the game when we deliver a decent away performance ?  (Starts holding breath...)

I really could do with a win here for bragging rights over the in-laws !

Greavsy, 2 weeks is exactly what I said 😉, just hope Cam stays fit till then so they can be competing for places 👍

Alex wrote the following post at 03/03/2017 7:58 PM:

Greavsy, 2 weeks is exactly what I said 😉, just hope Cam stays fit till then so they can be competing for places 👍

Not quite ''exactly'' what you said tho is it?

Alex wrote the following post at 03/03/2017 10:56 AM:

I can''t see Oliveira coming back for, I''d guess, a couple of weeks minimum,

Agreed, we need camjam to stay fit, and injury free until Nelson is back, to share the load. Will be a couple more weeks to get up to match fitness, which he can only get by playing matches. Fingers crossed.

I understand 6 club canary coaches have left for Hillsborough. It''s a nasty wet one out there, so respect to all those traveling, both on the coaches, and under their own steam. Safe journey, and bring back the 3 points please, which always makes the return trip a better one.

Alex Neil’s men were a pale imitation of the side that blew away Blackburn 4-1 on the opening weekend against a battle-hardened Owls’ outfit who look set to be in contention for promotion again this season after missing out at Wembley in the play-offs.

That was the start of the report for the home fixture against Sheff Wed when we had a 0-0 draw.

Lets hope we nick it today.

[quote user="Number9"]Alex Neil’s men were a pale imitation of the side that blew away Blackburn 4-1 on the opening weekend against a battle-hardened Owls’ outfit who look set to be in contention for promotion again this season after missing out at Wembley in the play-offs.

That was the start of the report for the home fixture against Sheff Wed when we had a 0-0 draw.

Lets hope we nick it today.[/quote]
Who wrote those words number9?
Were we really a pale imitation of the side that won at Blackburn or were Blackburn a pale imitation of Sheffield Wednesday? I doubt this was a report on realities just a reflection of the writers expectation. It''s very difficult to find a report on the games anymore. Even match reports are turning into opinion pieces.

Match reports always contain the writers opinions. Unless you just want a dry list of ''this player did this, then this.''

We''ll that''s how they used to be Kingo. There were still opinion pieces too. Now there are opinion match reports and opinion pieces. Maybe that''s because stats are now match reports in a way?

Well that sounds very dull. If I''m reading a report I want to get a feel for the game, the ebb and flow and that involves opinion.

Basically the posters that moan that he tinkers too much will now moan that he hasn''t tinkered at all. The little tinkers[:D]

That''s fine. But as you will see if you revisit the opinion in the report often doesn''t reflect the reality of the games.