Sign in to follow this  
Chris MacDonald

Wortington's still throwing his toy out of his pram

Heard on Broadland this morning Worthingtons still blaming the fans or a section of fans for booing the players for the defeat in the Reading Match. Can''t he get it through his head they were''nt booing the players. They were booing him.

Worthingtons has got to be taking lessons from Del Boy in the Art of Tucking and Diving and blaming everyone else but himself.

"Please Sir it was not me it was him"

Surely Worthington has got to go!!!!!

Chris

Ps. I take back all I said about being man enough to apologise.

Must be mighty helpful for the players to be wondering during the game on who is being booed.

As to toys out of the pram that rests with the ragbag of fickle fans who like the Man Utd fans think they have a divine right to guaranteed success.

Can''t remember many of them booing in the bad old days before. Probably because they weren''t here then.

They won''t be missed.

that''s bull***t, you boo whilst the team are playing and you are booing them, simple as that. They''re not really going to think "oh some of the crowd are booing the manager again" are they?

What does a sub think when he hears booing? it destroys confidence and should not take place. Anyway, maybe the players have a lot to answer to, they are not perfect, it is not all down to the manager is it?

Simple fact is we are playing avergage football and have the ability to improve, with more support they may improve. We don''t have a devine right to be top of the league you know. Sounds to me like some fans have got a bit arrogant recently, no fun in the fizzy pop league any more, discovered the taste for prawn sarnies !

[quote]Must be mighty helpful for the players to be wondering during the game on who is being booed. As to toys out of the pram that rests with the ragbag of fickle fans who like the Man Utd fans think they...[/quote]

Mad Dan

I am sick of reading your posts constantly attacking your fellow fans as Johnny come lately glory seekers. It seems everytime anyone disagrees with you they are branded as some kind of lower form of life. Get over your own sense of self importance.

From where I was sitting in the Barclay I witnessed a spontaneous out pouring of anger at the McVeigh substitution. Yes there were a lot of people booing, they were angry, they were confused, it was the heat of the moment and they''re tired of what is going on tactically. We all know that with a bit of luck things could have been different but we also know that we have the resources available that luck shouldn''t come into the equation. The simple fact is we are underperforming on the field and tactics seem to be a major issue.

Are you seriously telling me that 50 odd percent of the Barclay are glory seeking fans who have no right to express an opinion (unless it''s your opinion of course)? These people support the club through thick and thin, they are the type of people who saw off Chase, who turned up as part of an 11k crowd vs Grimsby in the dark days. These people know football  they''ve watched a hell of a lot of it over the years and have every right to voice their opinions in the only way that will make the Board and manager listen. And don''t forget these people have also put money into the club either through the turnstiles or directly in the rights issues - they are the consumers of the product they have every right to complain if it is substandard.

Football has moved further and further away from the fans. Now we are expected to be quiet little consumers, feel privileged to pay our money and watch a group of players run round out of position in a tactical disaster zone. Any dissent from the fans to be stamped on by you and your bully boy ilk. What are you the marketing manager for Sky TV or something?

I understand people get frustrated and I don''t blame people but I don''t like booing our own team, whatever the reason. Imagine how Reading players feel when we boo our substitution. Imagine how Huckerby feels when we appear to boo him coming on.

I remember when people were booing Mulryne because he would not sign a new contract. Kids around me joined in but were often booing the wrong player!

I think it does happen more than it used to. Even when things are going well, we always now seem to give at least one player stick - Sutch, Henderson, Holt, Doherty and Felming have all suffered this to my mind. Can''t imagine it makes things easier for players who are struggling. 

To Messrs Mad Dan, Marty, Canaries for ever and Ayrton Twigge,

Wise up Our League Position says it all.

It is not the Players fault. You can have the best players in the world but if you do not train or coach them well and play them out of position they are not going to perform well.

Whose responsible for picking the team and positioning the players.......If I remember rightly  oh yes the Manager. 

Sub a player when he is having a good game will knock his morale more than any crowd booing will.

As for the Fans we have the right to expect the team to be the best and at the top. What is wrong with that. Christ almighty the bookies had us favourites to go up before the Season ever started.

As for the Fans. Ask any fan that follows football. Who is the best team and they will say theirs is.

I think Norwich City is the Best. They just have the wrong Manager.

Do you remember the Robert Chase years. If so which of you joined in in saying Chase out  If any of you did I rest my case.

I am sick and tired of Worthy sycophants

Chris   

stop having a go at the fans and look at it this way........

Mcveigh wasnt happy being taken off

WE wernt happy with him being taken off

so we decided to react, and we did. Mcveigh seem to be smiling while the boo''s rang around the ground, im sure i know what side he is on

Once again we are back to the old favourite. Invent what someone says then argue against that.

No one has said that fans shouldn''t express their views or that force should be used to stop that expression. What has been said and questioned is the belief that demanding the sacking of the manager is the sole answer to the team''s failings.

What is being questioned is whether booing is a means to show the board what the fans think or merely a means of letting of steam. Steam that, I would say, had been built up through a head of stupidity and arrogance.

What will also be questioned is the blinding hypocrisy that lies behind much of these posts.

That it''s fine for fans to express themselves as they see fit when " they were angry, they were confused, it was the heat of the moment " yet should a manager do the same thing then it''s a treasonable offence.

That no one must be able to challenge the view that we must sack our manager. You can express your opinions by booing but no one must express their views in response to that action.

If you think I regard those who spout views I disagree with as low life then again that''s your right to express your views.

If you want to claim that 50% of the Barclay are not glory hunters then please look at your own figures of crowds of 11000 and ask who are the other 15,000 that now fill up the ground.

So you go along to Carrow Road tonight and boo. You make whatever animal noise you think is suitable but I will tell you now that the accusation of self importance better lies with yourself in your belief that this type of action is
"... the only way that will make the Board and manager listen."

Because that is the stupidity that lies behind the view that unless the fans collective replicate a farmyard the board or management team are not aware that things aren''t going as we all want or hope.

And finally if you don''t like reading my posts then there is a very simple answer to that. You can sit there and boo the computer screen. Boo loud and hard enough, bring some fellow booers round to join in and you may just get me to listen.

Whether I change my mind and stop doing what I think is best for the club I support is another matter though, irrespective of how loud you boo your computer.

Now I''m off to Carrow Road to boo the booers ! Perhaps they''ll listen if I boo loud enough.

excellent posts al''yellow and chris macdonald - your both spot on - im also sick of being branded a glory seeker just because i am not happy with our current situation - It is my opinion that the situation is the manager''s fault thus i am not happy with the manager - i think he has taken us as far as he can go, thanks alot nige, good luck in the future.

dicky et al need to realise that we SHOULD be at the top of the table and we SHOULD have won all these games, even their messiah has acknowledged that, but the fact is that we didnt - and we didnt win those games because we failed to show up for more than a maximum of 45mins which simply isnt good enough. this is down to crap tactics and poor substitutions which is the managers fault - we arent getting the best out of one of the best squads in division...we SHOULD be.

Firstly great result last night. Hopefully it will be the start of a run and we can put this difficult spell behind us.

However the main reason for this post is to respond to the comments of Mad Dan. My comments discussed how I could understand the reaction of the fans around me on Saturday.

• At no point did I suggest that the manager is solely to blame for the early season form I merely pointed out that many fans feel our tactics have been poor this season and have contributed to the slow start. After ten games, on top of the Craven Cottage incident, fans felt they were in a position to question how the club could be taken forward. Concerns have been raised about tactics but also man management issues. These questions will remain for me over the next ten games.
  • You must concede, surely, that Worthingtons words were poorly chosen in his post match interview? He is in a very different position from your fellow fans (the ones you have such a low regard for that you feel it necessary to compare them with farmyard animals), he has access to the media and is reacting an hour and a half after the event in question. I for one think that makes it reasonable to question his judgement.
  • I can only comment on the booing I heard around me in the Barclay on Saturday I do not know what the reaction elsewhere in the ground was like. To suggest that 50% of the fans in the Barclay have all pitched up in the last few years is laughable. This has always been the hard core of supporters and you do them a disservice to suggest otherwise. Yes I commented about being in 11k crowds in the past but even in those days we were seeing 14 to 15k averages and the bulk of the Barclay was full up. Around me on Saturday some seasoned fans were far from happy. Mad Dan you owe your fellow fans more respect than this.
  • The attitude of far too many that some fans are better than others is something I''m far from comfortable with. At the end of the day we are all fans and want the same thing for our club, success, however for the wider football authorities we are something else - Consumers.

As I state at the top I hope we have started a run. I''d like to hope that Worthington is the man to take us forward but this second block of ten games will tell us. We have a talented squad and a good fan base. This club move on but we cannot afford to waste the legacy of our year in the top flight. However we must remember that we pay over the odds (compared with the rest of the footballing world) for the ''entertainment'' we receive and we have every right to question it. The football fan is in a pretty weak position but the fans are not ...

I see Mad Dan has stated on another post that he is disappearing for a few days, shame I was looking forward to reading his response ....