Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

This won't go down well

I wonder if these chats were accompanied by a cup of coffee. [:)]

"In the last few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to meet Tom Smith a couple of times and seen how well he communicates with fans.

Not

only does he come across as having a genuine interest in listening to

supporters’ views, but, most crucially, as having a good grasp of the

realities of modern football.

While he won’t appeal to those who

want a radical change of ownership, and will be dismissed as an entitled

rich kid by others, I think he’s a breath of fresh air who could be

good for the club."

http://www.pinkun.com/opinion/no_nail_biter_so_it_s_now_time_to_consider_how_norwich_city_can_adapt_1_4915927

I mean whoever wants a dynamic businessman in the boardroom with a knowledge of football and a desire to drive the club forward ? Nope let''s just have chap who rubs shoulders with the fans,presses the flesh at functions and is pleasing on the eye for the ladies.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]I wonder if these chats were accompanied by a cup of coffee. [:)]

"In the last few weeks I’ve had the opportunity to meet Tom Smith a couple of times and seen how well he communicates with fans.

Not

only does he come across as having a genuine interest in listening to

supporters’ views, but, most crucially, as having a good grasp of the

realities of modern football.

While he won’t appeal to those who

want a radical change of ownership, and will be dismissed as an entitled

rich kid by others, I think he’s a breath of fresh air who could be

good for the club."

http://www.pinkun.com/opinion/no_nail_biter_so_it_s_now_time_to_consider_how_norwich_city_can_adapt_1_4915927

[/quote]That is good to hear, coming from a level-headed columnist who is no-one''s idea of a happy clapper.

Looking at the reaction on Twitter I''m amazed at how easily some of our supporters can be fobbed off. ''Oooh he came to our quiz'' ''ooh he stayed and chatted to fans'' ''oooh isn''t he a nice boy?''

Let''s see where we are in three years and look back then look back! I''m pretty sure there will be more nappy crappers than happy clappers posting!

How He be good for the club, why? Can he bring in investment? Is he going to have the say or just front aunties wishes? and let''s be honest who doesn''t have a grasp of the modern football requirements!

It''s a little article written to get a pat on the back! Why have we no news on the CEO? Is the club looking for a new one or just going to slip in Stone as permanent CEO in the summer? What about AN if we don''t get top 6 is he going to be removed? Finances, is there likely to be a big restructuring of the clubs staff and ambition going into next season without promotion?

These are the things which interest me, not how good someone thinks Tom might be! We don''t have any say in his position so who cares, it''s a daft article, still the norm at the moment, no one appears to want to ask the club the real questions.

It also appears like we''re ''not going to go up too well'' this season......either.

NepoTominism has certainly got to prove his ''mettle'' when he steps up to the plate.......I don''t think he''ll receive the patience, tolerance, admiration, forgiveness and sympathy from the City support that his current Majority Shareholding Aunty has been fortunate to get from the disgruntled - when things got awry and difficult.......

Good luck to him.....and if and when he takes the reins of the Board......he''ll certainly need it......He''s not my cup o'' tea for the future of NCFC and, I''m pretty sure I''m not in a minority that also think so......

But our Delia and Michael said that the support wouldn''t be entirely in agreement with their decision in the recent Times interview - so, who are we to air our discontent?

[quote user="Indy"]Let''s see where we are in three years and look back then look back! I''m pretty sure there will be more nappy crappers than happy clappers posting!

How He be good for the club, why? Can he bring in investment? Is he going to have the say or just front aunties wishes? and let''s be honest who doesn''t have a grasp of the modern football requirements!

It''s a little article written to get a pat on the back! Why have we no news on the CEO? Is the club looking for a new one or just going to slip in Stone as permanent CEO in the summer? What about AN if we don''t get top 6 is he going to be removed? Finances, is there likely to be a big restructuring of the clubs staff and ambition going into next season without promotion?

These are the things which interest me, not how good someone thinks Tom might be! We don''t have any say in his position so who cares, it''s a daft article, still the norm at the moment, no one appears to want to ask the club the real questions.[/quote]It is a piece by a columnist rather than a staff reporter, so it doesn''t purport to be hard journalism, and in any case the Daviit article this week dealt with most of those questions you have raised, even if it didn''t provide many definite answers. But then that is not surprising, since the season is still going on, and much of what you seem to expect to be told now is actually dependent on current and future events.

I love how the merest mention of Tom gets the more bell like inhabitants of the forum properly riled up.

My biggest concern is that at some point we will need investment - if not we will be selling players to fill gaps in funding, so in effect replacing 1 better player with 2 or 3 others to fill holes in the squad. in the past Delia & Michael have given us that investment, but now football finances have moved beyond them.

You may be able to do this with 1 or 2 players (Brady for example), but over time we end up selling all our best players in exchange for a squad that is not good enough to challenge for promotion.

I wasnt Moxeys biggest fan, but I would sacrifice some fan interaction for a man with experience in football business if that makes sense. Its all very poetic having a club run by a man who has its best interests at heart, but without the financial backing I''m not sure where that leaves us...

We''ll never be anything more than a yo yo club with the Jones-Smiths as owners. Completely dwarved by the finances of other similar clubs in the Premier League. It''s just a fact you have to accept as a Norwich City fan.

a good grasp of the realities of modern football...

Nephew Tom for manager? Or perhaps he''s Alex Neil''s heavy artillery...

I see that Robin has taken to social media claiming his article has received a torrent of negativity as he put it from people who have probably never met Tom Smith. These comments are on the EDP site and not the PinkUn so it looks like all the whingers and whiners are not only on this forum. If you write an opinion piece for the largest circulation local paper covering Norwich City you really cannot complain that people may differ from your take on things. That is why Archant invite comments from those registered to do so at the bottom of the article.