Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Sheffield Wednesday march thread

The board are currently not fit for purpose and professionally speaking a compete waste of time.

They do not deserve the fans support as they are weak, wasteful and arrogantly take our support for granted.

I cannot see Delia sacking AN despite todays somewhat predictable result. She would have to admit that she was wrong - can''t see that!

It has taken me a long time to decide but surely he has to go now. Yet another thoroughly embarrassing result.

Still plenty willing to stick with AN according to Radio Norfolk.We get what we deserve.

I think I might just pretend that the only games in a season are the home games.....be totally oblivious to there being any such thing as away games, not even watch or listen ,or acknowledge that they exist and not even look at a league table.

That way ,we''ve had quite a good season haven''t we ,just by what we''ve seen at Carrow Road?!?

I''m assuming this is how the mindset of an ignorant ,happy clapper operates?

Can''t understand anyone still wanting AN in. Someone list me positives about his management ability? I''ve defended him countless times but I don''t see any evidence of progression.

Literally the only positive I can give to him is the young players have done alright under him

Alex Neil will be sacked, no doubting now, but dont think will be until end of season. Have a feeling Delia wont get rid until a new CEO is appointed, being without a CEO and a manager at same moment is frankly embarrasing. We have 50 points, safe from relegation, no chance of play offs, so to appoint a new manager now will not alter anything.Simple truth is, keeping the same core guys of Whittaker, Martin, Lafferty, Turner, Bassong...when its been crystal clear for 2 or 3 seasons they are not up to it..is why we are a very average Champs side. Get rid of them, Neil to, bring a manager in who firstly will sort out the defence.Rest of the season will be just going thru the motions, then in the summer weneed a huge clearout, and a realisation from fans that to become top 6 contenders is going to be a long business...many seasons, before we  are that strong.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Alex Neil will be sacked, no doubting now, but dont think will be until end of season. Have a feeling Delia wont get rid until a new CEO is appointed, being without a CEO and a manager at same moment is frankly embarrasing. We have 50 points, safe from relegation, no chance of play offs, so to appoint a new manager now will not alter anything.Simple truth is, keeping the same core guys of Whittaker, Martin, Lafferty, Turner, Bassong...when its been crystal clear for 2 or 3 seasons they are not up to it..is why we are a very average Champs side. Get rid of them, Neil to, bring a manager in who firstly will sort out the defence.Rest of the season will be just going thru the motions, then in the summer weneed a huge clearout, and a realisation from fans that to become top 6 contenders is going to be a long business...many seasons, before we  are that strong.[/quote]

But by keeping AN the players will become disinterested, and AN won''t even blood in the younger players. He''ll just keep on playing "his" same players whether they are cr*p or not, so it''ll be a complete waste

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]Does your mum also have millions of pounds she is willing to sink into a business with no profit opportunities and thousands of ungrateful little sh*ts who blame her for everything?

No, thought not.[/quote]I expect Delia has had all her money back she invested and probably a fair bit extra too , she should find herself a nice retirement home and never be seen again .

[quote user="City 2nd"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 2017-03-04 8:50 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Do you think Moxey got the elbow for stating the priority was promotion, promotion, promotion? Delia wouldn''t have liked that, going up would mean mixing with all those nasty big money clubs again.

No. That was not the reason.

So what was? You speak as if you know! Spill![/quote]

I believe there were various reasons. A clue as to one is the "short form" season ticket renewal pack we all received!

I''m going for Ricky Martin as manager , newpew Tom as his spongeman and Ed as the GK coach. I can''t see any way that would fail.

Just back from the game. First time I''ve ever left stupidly early but after 5 it was nothing more than a waste of time to stay. 
Pathetic from back to front today, Cameron worked hard and the goal was a great link between Wes and Naismith but they''re literally the only two positives I can think of.
Stewards had to separate our fans, not sure if any punches were thrown but if not it was pretty close to it. Most of away end were chanting "Neil out" etc and there were about 7 vociferous blokes who didn''t like the negativity so started kicking off. Embarrassing on and off the pitch.
Neil simply has to go now.

Yes, still the odd happy clapper to be found in the away crowd but the outers in the vast majority. I wonder if the clappers will feel the same in tier three? Some happy Villa fans in the services on the M1 at the mo looking forward to playing us and who can blame them. Another spineless no show in a critical game.

...as I elduded to earlier, our home form is the only thing keeping Neil in a job.....they are the games that the vast majority of our fans only see, and we currently have the 2nd/3rd best home record in the league.

If our spread of results were were spanned more evenly accross home and away......i''e average accross both, Carrow Rd would have been a far more voiciferous place this season in calling for Neil to go.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="The Nightfly"]Wow, first time I think I''ve heard Chris Goreham calling for change, normally one to hold back on comments like that! He''s right as well![/quote]Yeah. Surprised me too.[/quote]

If someone like Goreham is sounding as p*ssed off as he was, that really does tell you how bad things are getting. Never heard him like that before.

[quote user="kick it off"]Just back from the game. First time I''ve ever left stupidly early but after 5 it was nothing more than a waste of time to stay. 
Pathetic from back to front today, Cameron worked hard and the goal was a great link between Wes and Naismith but they''re literally the only two positives I can think of.
Stewards had to separate our fans, not sure if any punches were thrown but if not it was pretty close to it. Most of away end were chanting "Neil out" etc and there were about 7 vociferous blokes who didn''t like the negativity so started kicking off. Embarrassing on and off the pitch.
Neil simply has to go now.
[/quote]Does Morty have 6 brothers by any chance?....

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Does Morty have 6 brothers by any chance?....[/quote]
No idea but these were definitely happy slappers as opposed to happy clappers!

[quote user="Jamie Witherspoon"]SUBS: McGovern (GK), Whittaker, Wildschut, Lafferty, Pritchard, Bennett, Jo. Murphy. #ncfc

March thread, match thread.[/quote]

Don''t know if this has ben posted before as i''ve been travelling all day and missed all the fun.

Looks like March thread just about summed it up - they marched through our defence at will and marched us out of any hope of making the play offs.

We won''t recover from yet amother drubbing away from home.

Should have ditched Neil months ago and keping him has only delayed the inevitable

He must go now.