Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Sheffield Wednesday march thread

[quote user="Indy"]How much have we missed the driving force of Bowkett, funny it all turned round when he came on board, when he left its nose dived![/quote]spot on[Y]

[quote user="TheManWhoSoldDerveld"][quote user="Fuzzar"]We''ve been woeful in defence for the last 18 months [/quote]More like 5 seasons.[/quote]

Agreed. I think McKay/Fleming was our last decent Central Defender partnership.

Only Forest and Rotherham have conceded more goals. Amazing that we''re as high in the table as we are, really.

[quote user="damn that Ralph Coates"]as long as we don''t concede more, we should remain above Preston on goal difference......[/quote]We''ve got over 15 minutes left. What''s the liklihood??

Do you think Moxey got the elbow for stating the priority was promotion, promotion, promotion? Delia wouldn''t have liked that, going up would mean mixing with all those nasty big money clubs again.

Bowkett got tired of McNally siding in with the board and became an isolated figure. The man had no chance! Pity.

Total embarrassment. Defense shambles all season. Not sorted. Strikers not good enough all season. Not sorted.

AN we''re heading in the wrong direction. We can''t beat bottom teams, can''t beat an awful Ipswich, now getting thumped by a rival top 6 team!

I see Martin Olsson has scored for Swansea.

The only football news I want to hear tonight is that Alex Neil has been relieved of his managers position! Please.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Do you think Moxey got the elbow for stating the priority was promotion, promotion, promotion? Delia wouldn''t have liked that, going up would mean mixing with all those nasty big money clubs again.[/quote]No. That was not the reason.

Does your mum also have millions of pounds she is willing to sink into a business with no profit opportunities and thousands of ungrateful little sh*ts who blame her for everything?

No, thought not.

Jamie witheringspooner- "illing to sink into a business with no profit opportunities and thousands of ungrateful little sh*ts who blame her for everything?

No, thought not. "

Problem is we could have profit IF SHE RAN THE CLUB PROPERLY you f-ing FOOL!! She backs bad managers until they fail. Yet the best one we''ve had for years Lambert she let go. Now who''s fault is that witheringspooner??? Hey? Muppet!

Haha, we bring on another defender and let in another couple of goals. The more defenders we have on the pitch the worse we get!

Oh dear. What a disappointing afternoon.

Wow, first time I think I''ve heard Chris Goreham calling for change, normally one to hold back on comments like that! He''s right as well!

just shows what a waste we have made of such repeated opportunities to mix it with the world''s best.

Bournemouth, Burnley, Stoke, WBA, Hull, Boro, Southampton... hardly big, rich, metropolises are they? no excuses, our club has failed miserably since the boost we got under lambert and its sickening. I am now coming to terms with it. it''s just like the mid 90s right?

Saying that, once hoolahan retires and howson moves to a rightfully better home then I may be a bit sad!

see what maddison and the murphys can do... shame they could be the new magyars and with our pathetic back line and our poor club ethos we would sink a fully inflated balloon.

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Wow, first time I think I''ve heard Chris Goreham calling for change, normally one to hold back on comments like that! He''s right as well![/quote]Yeah. Surprised me too.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Oh dear. What a disappointing afternoon.[/quote]Disappointing, but unsurprising. We''ve been dreadful away from home all season, and we''ve been appalling when we''ve played at Hillsborough for my entire lifetime.Backwards and downwards to the next disappointment.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="hogesar"]Well, this season has been piss poor when you look at the squad we''ve got and at least we can put this faint play off hope away now and concentrate on getting the right management team to have a crack next season.[/quote]Yes. Sometimes one particularly bad performance (if the second half carries on etc) can concentrate minds and make a decision finally look as easy to those who have to make it as it does to those who have the luxury of not having to bear responsibility for the consequences.[/quote]So far still so bad, so going well...[/quote]Even worse, so even better.

Just a shame it''s so predictable though, isn''t it.

It makes you wonder what goes through Neil''s tiny mind at times.

Bewildering tactics at the start of the game - trying to contain a good side away from home, when we have proved time and time again, we are no where near good enough for that (Burton anyone?)

This is then followed by the most bizarre substitution....and that is saying something given Neil''s record of bizarre (and largely ineffective) substitutions.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 2017-03-04 8:50 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Do you think Moxey got the elbow for stating the priority was promotion, promotion, promotion? Delia wouldn''t have liked that, going up would mean mixing with all those nasty big money clubs again.

No. That was not the reason.

So what was? You speak as if you know! Spill!

He''s had more than enough chances but is incapable of turning it round.Got to go now.

Just realised our result was the heaviest defeat in all four divisions.