Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Moxey' departure

Been with my son this afternoon and one of his neighbours is a father of an Academy player, quite a promising one too I might add.

My son asked his neighbour last week why Moxey actually left and there appear to have been two reasons.

One is he actually wanted to sack Neil just before Christmas, and the other is because he didn''t think Wildschut was worth the money and told the owners this.

Now I know I''m going to get slated for this no doubt and asked who the player is, but I personally believe this to be true as it fits with the timing etc.

If you don''t think a manager should remain in his post you aren''t going to be all for him spending 6mil plus on a player that doesn''t look worth it

Doesnt seem to beyond the realms of possibility, especially when Moxey was getting all the stick earlier in the season. Maybe he didn''t want to be the figurehead that took the fans anger when he actually wanted change

i can confirm this is not true that is not the reason for Moxey being sacked

i also told a few long time members of this board at the time of the sacking and all the details by PM as it was happening

i will not repeat them on a open forum but my source was very much involed in all of this at the time

Norfolk, completely agree with you. Not the reason I was told either. Would be interested in a PM, compare if I was told correctly or not

Not at all Greavsy

what i can not do is tell all on a message board so what i do is tell a trusted member by pm so when he becomes public knowledge they know i don''t make anything up

if i put on here what i am told my source would be found out quite easy which is not something i am willing to do

Makes no difference to anything. Truth is Moxey went, however that came about, and Alex Neil is still the manager, whatever truth lies out there.

There is little doubt that regardless, we are in poor hands, are in free fall, and likely to remain a championship club for a while whilst this rudderless ship sinks from one low to another.

Some people will know, most won''t, but many will claim to. Why say anything at all if you''re not (understandably I do agree) prepared to share in public?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Been with my son this afternoon and one of his neighbours is a father of an Academy player, quite a promising one too I might add.

My son asked his neighbour last week why Moxey actually left and there appear to have been two reasons.

One is he actually wanted to sack Neil just before Christmas, and the other is because he didn''t think Wildschut was worth the money and told the owners this.

Now I know I''m going to get slated for this no doubt and asked who the player is, but I personally believe this to be true as it fits with the timing etc.[/quote]Neither of those is the reason.

Because if you know the reason and someone ( no fault of his own ) is told different you say its not true

other fans might read it and think that''s the reason when it clearly is not

But, as much as you trust your source, they trust theirs.

I''m not disputing that you''ve been told something, and you trust your source, and I respect that.

But the same applies to others who have been told by people allegedly ITK.

I can confidently say that whatever purple thinks is the reason(s) is (are) not the reason(s).

I might or might not know why he was elbowed but naturally cannot possibly comment!

being told by people and ITK are totally different

i only tell 100 % facts not rumours or what i heard only stuff from the horses mouth !

norfolkngood wrote the following post at 04/03/2017 9:13 PM:

being told by people and ITK are totally different

i only tell 100 % facts not rumours or what i heard only stuff from the horses mouth !

Surely once someone tells you something, or you find something out, you become ITK?

I''ve pmd you Norfolk (and haven''t asked what you know)

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I can confidently say that whatever purple thinks is the reason(s) is (are) not the reason(s).

I might or might not know why he was elbowed but naturally cannot possibly comment![/quote]The interesting point is that while he was here Moxey was roundly rubbished as being a bad choice to succeed McNally, but now he has gone there are at least two (there may be more ) supposed explanations for his departure that attempt to show him in a good light and Delia as the villainess. I suspect I am not alone in finding that strange, to put it mildly. And not not only because there is an entirely believable explanation that entirely reverses these roles, and validates the decision to  "allow" Moxey to depart.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i have not heard a good light ? about Moxey[/quote]

Are you saying True Grit was telling porkies? Whatever next?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]His rehabilitation has been fast even by Delia haters standards. He now sits at Chases right hand....[/quote]Quite. It took Stalin several decades to get rehabilitated but Moxey''s transition from greaseball wideboy to sainted and thwarted saviour has happened within weeks. Not, of course, that one should therefore be automatically sceptical of explanations for his departure from these instant revisionists that burnish his image...

Can''t believe how many of you fall for the W*nkers with the old

" nod nod , taps his nose ". I know from my insider but couldn''t possibly tell sh*te .

If you really think you gain kudos by these fantasy tales , maybe you need to look at yourself a bit ?

Barclay just because you know something does not mean you have to plaster it over the internet !

but if someone states something that they heard which is untrue you have every right to state that the statement was not a fact

like i have said i tell certain people on this board who i trust not to repost anything i tell them which to this day they have kept their word

so in turn i tell them certain things what is wrong in that ?

Delia held a meeting earlier this year with staff after Jez''s ''departure'' apologising for how they were treated under Moxey. His personality and demeanour was not acceptable and he was certainly pushed. I have no news regarding any differences of opinion regarding the football side, but my guess is if Jez was still here he would of wanted him gone as Balls did in the summer.

[quote user="komakino"]Delia held a meeting earlier this year with staff after Jez''s ''departure'' apologising for how they were treated under Moxey. His personality and demeanour was not acceptable and he was certainly pushed. I have no news regarding any differences of opinion regarding the football side, but my guess is if Jez was still here he would of wanted him gone as Balls did in the summer.[/quote]
Don''t know how much of the above is true, but I spoke to someone who works within the club about Moxey/McNally as he worked under both and what he said seems to tie in. 
He said that David would ask you to do something, then ask you what funds/support/facilitation/timeframe you needed to achieve that. 
Jez would tell you to do something, and offer no support whatsoever, and expect it done immediately.
I believe the person I spoke to was being honest, and a little diplomatic. My feeling from that conversation was that Jez was not a popular figure within the club.
Take that for what it''s worth.