Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Famous faces seen at Carrow Road

Following the Ed Sheeran story, I wondred how many other famous folk have been seen at CRGoing back Prince Andrew turned up with the Bishop of Norwch to an evening cup game against Chelsea.And Cpl Jones can be see here, but does anyone know of anyone else, aside from ex footballers etc

jones

The late George Michael was there once. As it turns out he was spookily on point with a premonition when he sang "so I''m never going to dance again".

"The late George Michael was there once. As it turns out he was spookily on point with a premonition when he sang "so I''m never going to dance again".

You''ll be "late" one day.

Great stuff Broady.

Anyway, back on topic, King George VI visited Carrow road in 1938.

[quote user="morty"]Great stuff Broady.

Anyway, back on topic, King George VI visited Carrow road in 1938.[/quote]as did John Hurt at numerous games .... though not in 1938

Radio 5 host & general showbiz person Danny Baker.Commedian Sean Lock (at a Chelsea game).Last Leg (C4) presenter Alex Brooker (at an Arsenal game).

Broadstairs. George Michael also regrets giving his heart away last Christmas.

The post said famous faces!

These are Z list at best.

I remember the play off final against Brum and we had

Aphrodites effin Child! for the half time entertainment. I guess that was so they made a killing at the bar!

I was on duty at a game v Man Utd and Simon Weston was spotted standing in the old South Stand corner terracing amongst the United fans.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I was on duty at a game v Man Utd and Simon Weston was spotted standing in the old South Stand corner terracing amongst the United fans.[/quote]Weren''t you also on duty the day the King came?

Hugh Jackman has reminisced in an interview about going to Carrow rd a couple of times when he was a youngster.He recalled the terrace chants if I am not mistaken.Also I spotted Al Pacino in the crowd at the time he was making "Revolution" in Kings Lynn.I asked him for an autograph but instead he gave me the Michael Corleone "Death Stare".

George Best famously wasn''t seen at Carrow Road one night as he was "stuck in traffic"

(was it Billy Steeles testimonial? I know I was there but recall who it was for? )

TCCANARY wrote the following post at 03/03/2017 3:40 PM:

Was ''traffic'' the name of a pub?

The general feeling of those sat around me was that he was probably stuck in a leggy blonde....

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I was on duty at a game v Man Utd and Simon Weston was spotted standing in the old South Stand corner terracing amongst the United fans.[/quote]Weren''t you also on duty the day the King came?

[/quote]

Elvis was at Carrow Road???

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I was on duty at a game v Man Utd and Simon Weston was spotted standing in the old South Stand corner terracing amongst the United fans.[/quote]Weren''t you also on duty the day the King came?

[/quote]

Elvis was at Carrow Road???[/quote]You must mean Elvis Hammond ?

Patsy Kensit, when she was going out with Liam Gallagher (didnt see him) was at Carrow Road for Norwich v Liverpool, came with her father who now lives in North Norfolk and were guests of the Liverpool directors.

Diane

Amanda Holden was here when Everton last came to visit.

She used to come occassionaly with the landlord of the Hoste Arms at Burnham Market, before he sadly passed away.