Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Alexit - in our out?

King canary - pleased to offer some entertainment. The board appear to have not the remotest interest in what the vast majority of fans want. They take comfort from the few remaining happy clappers they see at Carrow Road. With Neil in charge next season the best we can hope for is a fight against relegation which, ultimately, will end in capitulation. Neil is then offered the opportunity to regroup, again, in tier three. The happy clappers clap. Every other team in the land laughs. And I give you Groundhog Day.

Think it could be rude awakening time for the BOD at the Blackburn game (particularly if we come away from Bristol with nothing).

Definitely time for AN to go - so it''s an OUT from me.

Out, I''m voting again. Can''t believe he''s still here this morning. We can''t even think about a replacement manager with Neil still here stinking up the place. We have to start somewhere and Neil needs to go now.If Neil stays we''ll be mid table Chumps at very best.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Out, I''m voting again. Can''t believe he''s still here this morning. We can''t even think about a replacement manager with Neil still here stinking up the place. We have to start somewhere and Neil needs to go now.If Neil stays we''ll be mid table Chumps at very best.[/quote]

Would the final straw for some be if we ended up below 1p5wich? Probably more of a mathematical possibility than us reaching the play-offs!

Out.

I''m assuming the board have their reasons for deciding to keep with him but I''m buggered if I can work out what they are.

So, you don''t believe that reality is a possibility? Neil remains in post. The squad is dismantled. Neil gets it wrong. The happy clappers clap. We are drawn into a relegation scrap. We travel away in numbers. The team doesn''t turn up in a critical match (think Villa last season) We are relegated. More clapping. Neil gets to ''go again'' (to paraphrase the Messiah).

user="Ray" Morty,

To quote you, "When I was asked the question during our bad run my proviso was that as long as the players are still playing for the manager, and he has the dressing room then I am fine with Alex staying, as I accept the boards plan of longevity."

A statement I ''sort'' of agree with because there are issues rather than just ''playing for the manager'' however, and perhaps here lies the rub, he lost the dressing room a long time ago, typically long term resentment doesn''t appear over night, it also takes a long time to build up. It is possible it has reached new heights but I assure you (and take that how you will) that he started losing respect a long time ago.

Same subject, slightly different tack, the fact that CJ (and RM) felt the need to speak out as they did, in itself tells you something is very wrong. There should be no need for this public blood letting if all was sound. So your honour, I put it to you, based on the evidence available, the Defendant is guilty of all charges.

Loved the fact that CJ made mention of Mindset, but then I would wouldn''t I.

Ray, from what you know about the club, did AN lose the dressing room because of players not wanting to be here, or because they don''t believe in his tactics or some other reason?

CamJam alluded to there being different people at the club to two years ago, but he also alluded to mindsets.

[quote user="Herman"]I''m saying IN just so Highland''s head finally explodes.[/quote][:D]

Obviously it''s clear to even the most optimistic supporter now that AN has significantly underachieved, has been unable to turn it around and doesn''t have experience to fall back on. He''s got an unhappy, disgruntled squad that aren''t listening to him.

You would think Jerome''s interview would cause major alarm bells in the boardroom. His only hope is for a win at Bristol, results to go our way and then a performance at home to Blackburn.

Unfortunately some may be suckered into thinking he''s good enough again if we win against Blackburn but the reality is the quality of our squad means even if it''s mismanaged, with infighting and ignoring instructions they can still go out and beat the bottom teams at home in this league.

Out.

All along I''ve thought the Board would support him as long as we were in with a chance of promotion. We would now need a minimum of 23 points from 11 games, 5 of which are against teams above us in the table.

I suspect he will stay until it''s mathematically impossible - mainly because the Board will remember pulling the trigger on Hughton at the wrong time.

What I saw was that Wednesday looked like a well-organized side and I stand by my view that, based on the players on view, our squad is stronger overall than theirs.  Defensively the players knew their jobs and played well as a unit.  They were able to comfortably deal with our creative players (Jacob M, Pritchard, Josh M, Naismith) although they struggled to contain Wes who was a rare ray of light in a City team with many poor performances.  Jerome put in plenty of effort but had poor service.  You weren''t going to have anything given to you by the Wednesday defence, unlike ours.

Attacking wise, Wednesday weren''t particularly creative.  Their main tactic was to try to get in decent crosses - which gave them 3 goals.  Rhodes must have thought Christmas came early, given the free headers he was allowed.  Add to that a goal gifted by Ruddy, and a free kick that was a long way out and it was disappointing he couldn''t cover, and there you have 5 goals.  I guess it''s not surprising given that Rotherham and Burton could beat us, that a decent team in the top 6 was able to beat us easily.

Compared to Wednesday, we looked like we were playing with the verve and organization you''d expect to see in a pre-season Friendly.

So I can''t see any point in keeping AN on unless it''s to save some money.  We may as well get rid and have a caretaker until we get a permanent appointment.  I can''t see that AN is adding anything to the club right now.

Out. 100% out, been saying it since that dire losing run in last seasons'' Premier League. Why must our club suffer incompetence just because our sad, dated Board of Directors believe in blind faith and loyalty?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]King canary - pleased to offer some entertainment. The board appear to have not the remotest interest in what the vast majority of fans want. They take comfort from the few remaining happy clappers they see at Carrow Road. With Neil in charge next season the best we can hope for is a fight against relegation which, ultimately, will end in capitulation. Neil is then offered the opportunity to regroup, again, in tier three. The happy clappers clap. Every other team in the land laughs. And I give you Groundhog Day.[/quote]

I agree with the above - well said.

Out - now though not at end of season as new man needs games to see what he has inherited and build his own team during the summer and pre-season. Anything else and we''ll have years in the Championship, gates falling etc etc. Have been going since the mid 60s but had enough now if no action from the Board.

OUT. AN is not getting players performing-his failure!

AN is not getting tactics right-his failure! Signings haven''t been good. Players are becoming more outspoken. Underperformers getting picked regularly, young and hungry players not given fair chance. Defense an absolute shambles EVERY week, same errors made EVERY week. Nothing is being learned. Issues not being addressed. Club going backwards. Results on the pitch not good enough. Won 15. Lost 14! Awful for pre-season favourites.

Need I say more!

I said OUT nearly 2 years ago and as we have continued to decline even further he has to go. I am at a loss as to why the Board wish to retain him and I simply cannot understand why he is referred to as a very good young manager who is continuing to learn. It is pretty obvious he will not resign as he is unlikely to ever obtain another managerial job at this level. As to comments that he will oversee the transfer market in the summer this is mind boggling. Most of his purchasers have not established themselves as automatic regulars and indeed have been dropped after a few games.

[quote user="vos"]I said OUT nearly 2 years ago and as we have continued to decline even further he has to go. I am at a loss as to why the Board wish to retain him and I simply cannot understand why he is referred to as a very good young manager who is continuing to learn. It is pretty obvious he will not resign as he is unlikely to ever obtain another managerial job at this level. As to comments that he will oversee the transfer market in the summer this is mind boggling. Most of his purchasers have not established themselves as automatic regulars and indeed have been dropped after a few games.[/quote]
Out before we went to Wembley! Great stuff Voz buddy[Y]
Is anyone going to claim to have wanted Alex Neil out while Neil Adams was in charge[:^)]

Nutty - you must realise that as an Old Norfolk Boy "nearly" means "about" "roughly" etc etc. Wear eye cum frum - can speak Norfolk but not write it, nearly 2 years is actually 16 months. So to cover my backside I should have said my original "OUT" was November 2015 - is that OK. Anyway when I played, a very long time ago, as an inside forward when I put our centre forward in to space on the wing, myself and the rest of the team did not stand and just watch - we got in to the box to support him. When we had corners we saw this as an opportunity to score goals, as we frequently did, but definitely did not see them as a source of allowing the opposition to breakaway and score. I will accept that Neill, in common with most managers, came in and geed up "Neil Adams'' Team" over the line, but as a very experienced observer I would have thought you would see the need for change. If we go up I will buy you a beer. Don''t know anything about betting, but think my money is safe !! Keep smiling.

[quote user="vos"]Nutty - you must realise that as an Old Norfolk Boy "nearly" means "about" "roughly" etc etc. Wear eye cum frum - can speak Norfolk but not write it, nearly 2 years is actually 16 months. So to cover my backside I should have said my original "OUT" was November 2015 - is that OK. Anyway when I played, a very long time ago, as an inside forward when I put our centre forward in to space on the wing, myself and the rest of the team did not stand and just watch - we got in to the box to support him. When we had corners we saw this as an opportunity to score goals, as we frequently did, but definitely did not see them as a source of allowing the opposition to breakaway and score. I will accept that Neill, in common with most managers, came in and geed up "Neil Adams'' Team" over the line, but as a very experienced observer I would have thought you would see the need for change. If we go up I will buy you a beer. Don''t know anything about betting, but think my money is safe !! Keep smiling.[/quote]
I gathered that Vos. But it made me smile because I can remember Jim Smith''s willy waving thread to establish who wanted Hootun out first. I think Jim claimed to have called it when Lol Morgan was in charge.
Anyway, with over seven months of the season to go all is not lost....

Hi Nutty. I thought it was 10 months !! - but never mind. Time you were in bed.

Should have been instantly sacked for taking off a winger and bringing on a centre back, to hold onto a draw, against a team almost allergic to wins and in the bottom three.

F*ck of Neil.