Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Neil installed as favourite for the Rangers job

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 28/02/2017 6:10 PM:

VW wrote:

I think he may be considering who may take his place nbs

Yep, and?

Yep and it may be Ricky

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Syteanric"]Be careful what you wish for....[/quote]Why?[/quote]

Do you really think our board will be brave and hire a decent replacement now it''s delia and Tom calling the shots?

Or will they give it to Ricky Martin?

Greavsy wrote the following post at 2017-02-28 7:48 PM:

On a previous thread ''irvine to rangers''

City 2nd wrote the following post at 21/02/2017 1:22 PM:

AN would not manage Rangers, wrong colour!

And I''ll stick by that Greavsy. If I''m wrong and he goes to Rangers in Scotland, a £10 donation from me will go to nutty''s pups enterprise next season.

[quote user="JF"]I''m sure there is nothing in it, but we can hope[/quote]

Rangers fans will have to get used to playing 2 at the back with the centre-backs getting pulled into wide positions so that gaps of Red Sea proportions through the middle allow opponents to practically walk the ball into the net.

Good luck to them.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="JF"]I''m sure there is nothing in it, but we can hope[/quote]

Rangers fans will have to get used to playing 2 at the back with the centre-backs getting pulled into wide positions so that gaps of Red Sea proportions through the middle allow opponents to practically walk the ball into the net.

Good luck to them.[/quote]

Well they love singing about being up their knees in "fenian" blood so they should be used to red seas..

The same article has media in Scotland scoff at AN being favourite and say he is not an option for rangers.

Shame but there we go

Probably a good move to be honest.

He knows the league.

He will not have to worry about defending in any game except the Old Firm.

He wont need to worry about formations, substitutions or tactics in general. Just stick out an XI and they should see off pretty much every side except Celtic.

The current gulf between Celtic and Rangers is so vast that fans probably wouldn''t even get that upset if he lost the derbies.

Can he just go now?

Regardless if he stays or goes there doesn''t appear much support for Neil anymore, at least on this forum. His days here are numbered. As for the compo, payment by instalments will suffice thank you very much.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Fantastic news if true get rid of him and compensation[/quote]

If this were to happen I think morally we''d have to pay Rangers compensation!

I have viewed a Rangers fans Facebook page this evening and virtually without exception he is not wanted by them.

What a great set of fans/supporters we have.

This is why my season ticket is being passed on, not the team or the manager who has given us some great entertainment this season so far, and yes some disappointments but that''s why we love football surely?

I wouldn''t want many of the people on this forum as my "friends" in a difficult time that''s for sure.

The Great Drinkell wrote the following post at 01/03/2017 9:49 AM:

What a great set of fans/supporters we have.

This is why my season ticket is being passed on, not the team or the manager who has given us some great entertainment this season so far, and yes some disappointments but that''s why we love football surely?

I wouldn''t want many of the people on this forum as my "friends" in a difficult time that''s for sure.

So you say you''ve been entertained at carrow rd, and wouldn''t want people on here to be your friends in a difficult time, yet you state you''ve passed your season ticket on??

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]What a great set of fans/supporters we have.

I wouldn''t want many of the people on this forum as my "friends" in a difficult time that''s for sure.[/quote]Fair points DGT but I think the majority of City supporters would say AN is past his sell-by date and probably has been for some months. At many clubs he''d have been gone long ago.With our squad a top six finish is a minimum requirement and, although we''re still in with a chance, it''s unlikely to happen. If we can get someone to take him off our hands now it saves compensation and all the unpleasantness of a sacking. A win-win surely ?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]What a great set of fans/supporters we have.

I wouldn''t want many of the people on this forum as my "friends" in a difficult time that''s for sure.[/quote]
Haha what?! 
Team underperforms - fans want manager out.
That''s how it works. Giving up your season ticket because of it is hilarious. It''s not a sudden new thing, and it''s nothing to do with OUR supporters. It''s ALL supporters across the entire bloody country and beyond.

Great Drinkell, totally hear you there.

I''m of the opinion that it is far more important for many to be of the ''told you so'' ilk.

Well, I''m actually well aware that our season has been quite mixed, as I''m sure all the other non ''told you so''s'' are also fully aware.

So, no head in the sand from myself or most others. The facts are that we were getting good results in the first part of the season. The middle bit was atrocious. But of late, I think we''ve only lost 1 in total in X amount of games. 1 loss in 4 away games. So rather than whinging, which I don''t think is particularly deserved of late, I''m going to go to Hillsborough and hope that I can play my small part in unifying supporters with manager and team. Because without overall unity we''re f***ed and I wouldn''t give us a hope in hell of finishing in the playoffs without it. But anyway, onwards... from myself at least. OTBC

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]What a great set of fans/supporters we have. This is why my season ticket is being passed on, not the team or the manager who has given us some great entertainment this season so far, and yes some disappointments but that''s why we love football surely? I wouldn''t want many of the people on this forum as my "friends" in a difficult time that''s for sure.[/quote]

Alex Neil isn''t my friend.  He has been well paid to manage the football club I love.  Over that time he''s had a very successful start when he got promoted, a poor second season when he got relegated, and a very poor third season so far, where he is failing to reach even the playoffs so far, which is the minimum expectation for success this season, and a change is overdue.  I suspect he''s being kept on until he definitely fails to achieve a playoff spot at which time the club can sack him more cheaply, but we won''t know for definite until that happens, if ever.

There is no room for sentiment in football, but even if there was, AN has long ago exhausted the reservoir of goodwill he had built up in that initial successful period.  How many relegated Prem clubs go into the next season in the Championship with the manager they started the relegation season with ?  That''s how lucky AN is to be managing us.

No room for sentiment in football?

Yet there was widespread outrage at Ranieri being sacked.

Rangers have no money ..there chairman Dave king is a fraud .they will be lucky if they don''t go into administration again.

I think there''s room for sentiment. And I think AN has been given that. Remember, he got us relegated and was applauded off the pitch on the last game.

Wembley was special. He wasn''t sacked after relegation when he easily could have been. We''re now failing in the second tier. Whilst I like him, he doesn''t deserve to keep his job at the moment - he''s not earnt that.

An impulsive reaction is seldom a good one... I feel it ''s time for a change, but a well thought over change! If we want a new manager , there has to be something about him that indicates that he will be a step forward! I have read many names on internet (Rowett, Hodgson, etc...etc...) but I haven''t come by one yet which is realistic AND makes me feel like it would be a real step forward for our club...