Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Ed Sheeran banned!

I''m a reasonably crap musician, but I have no time for that fey purveyor of indie lift music. His chord progressions are predictable, his lyrics are banal, and to quote a far better vocalist and lyricist, his songs "say nothing to me about my life."

Nick Drake, John Martyn, Richard Thompson, to name but three musicians who are Premier League to Sheeran''s Vanarama Conference.

Not my cup of tea but surely it''s just down to personal taste? He clearly does what he does very well.

[quote user="JF"]Not my cup of tea but surely it''s just down to personal taste? He clearly does what he does very well.[/quote]

Exactly. Witherspoon clearly doesn''t understand the concept of that music is an art. Like I said, like it or don''t like it, but you cannot say something is good or bad categorically.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]In that case, as you''re not a professional footballer you can''t comment on Sunday''s game can you ?[/quote]

I can have MY opinion on the game, and a players perdoemancw, but I cannot say categorically that NCFC or a particular player has done this, that and the other wrong like it''s fact. That''s the difference between some replies on here.

Have to say after hearing his latest song ''castle on the hill'' and really liking it, I''ve given his songs more attention. I''ll take back the ''he''s not my cup of tea'' comment, really impressed and he''s an incredibly talented songwriter

Is that the ''love song to Suffolk'' or whatever he called it? Suffolk''s not exactly known for its hills is it?

No one has a good time at a festival. Unless you''re high so in that sense it''s artificial fun anyway.

Ed Sheeran has earned more than any of us ever will doing something he loves and is clearly very good at, suckering an entire nation into buying his whimsical tunes.

He''s as much a fan of Ipswich as Hugh Jackman is of Norwich. Ask him to name a scum player and I bet he''d struggle.

I can''t even feel strongly enough about his music to despise him. It''s just meh. Beige wallpaper. Magnolia. Tapioca.

Good luck to him and I am sure he is a lovely and humble young man, but I will stick with Ray Davies as a singer songwriter of choice.

I thought Ed Sheeran was a solo singer songwriter.

Whats the name of his banned then?

[quote user="Morgan"]No one has a good time at a festival. Unless you''re high so in that sense it''s artificial fun anyway.

Ed Sheeran has earned more than any of us ever will doing something he loves and is clearly very good at, suckering an entire nation into buying his whimsical tunes.

He''s as much a fan of Ipswich as Hugh Jackman is of Norwich. Ask him to name a scum player and I bet he''d struggle.[/quote]Glastonbury sells out in ten minutes flat so some would disagree.