Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

28 points from 15 games ?

Can we get this ?

Just looking back over previous 10 championship seasons for the number of points for 6th place :

06/07 : 75

07/08 : 70

08/09 : 74

09/10 : 70

10/11 : 75

11/12 : 75

12/13 : 68

13/14 : 72

14/15 : 78

15/16 : 74

Mean average of these is 73, but 78 would definitely get us over the line. Most common score for 6th in the last 10 seasons is 75 points. We are looking at just under 2 points per game if we want to get top 6.

definitely maybe.

will depend on how we do in the returns against the top 6 clubs; at the moment it feels a little like the first bit of the season, win against weaker team but few points against the better.

there is little doubt the player have the ability, I am hoping from Tuesday they have the hunger to show how good they are, pick up points ruthlessly and stop the point dropping ups away from home, such as wigan and rotherham.

Before the Birmingham game id posted to get 75 points we  would need 10 wins 5 draws 4 losses from the last 19 games. Now its 7 wins 4 draws and 4 losses from 15 games, very doable for a team such as City, but the proviso is, a lot of very difficult matches ahead, starting on Tuesday. Other teams like Huddersfield, Leeds, Brighton etc, to face, tough indeed on paper, and, also on form, looking at Citys record against the high placed teams this season.My opinion all along is we would finish 8th to 12th, but this current mini upturn in form has certainly given us a chance for 6th place, obvious to say, but its down to the players, their momentum, and a fair share of luck not to suffer to many injuries to key players.Just think our defence will be found lacking to many times. Dont want to finish 7th to be honest, for obvious reasons.

This run of results has put us back in with a chance, even a decent chance and we should be capable of reaching 75 points.

The big fly in the ointment is our away form which still has a question mark hanging over it when we play the better teams.

Whatever happens it''s nice to feel a bit of enthusiasm for the upcoming games again after a miserable couple of months.

Well I''m revising my forecast at long last ( but nervous of doing so). I had felt 60 to 64 points would be our season total but now I reckon 77 points but that prediction rests on taking 3 points against Newcastle. I think winning this Tuesday will bring belief we can get into those top 6 places and stay there.

That terrible run has meant we are having to make up such a lot of ground. Our away form is shocking. Looking at the form of the top two clubs you see so clearly that old adage that it''s your away form that brings you titles.

It''s in the balance but at least makes the season interesting ( but then it always has been for many reasons).

I have not been able to check this out but it seems to me that the current points total of the top seven sides is much higher than normal seasons, especially positions four to seven in the league.

Often the top two or three pull away from the rest with the remaining play off places considerably lower in points. I have always had in my head that 75 points is the benchmark for sixth place as the OP demonstrates but I think that this year it will need to be higher so the 78 points target is more realistic for this season.

To average just under two points per game from now on will not be easy but we do have the players to pull this off and we as supporters need to get right behind the team at every match. If we do make it into the play offs we will certainly be in a good run of form.

No one there will want to play us either because of what happened in 2015 and just about every manager has commented throughout the season that ''I expected Norwich with their squad to be in the top two or at the v least challenging for those positions'' Certainly a much more positive feel about the run in now and all to play for!

The point total are as most other seasons.I would be very surprised if we need 78 points to reach 6th placeTherefore 25 more points off 15 games is 1.666 points a game (over a season 77 points)Not that unachievable given our recent form8 wins and a draw should do itwith Burton, Binners, Blackburn, Bristol Barnsley, Villa and  QPR being seven of themthen any three from Newcastle, Weds, Huddersfield, Reading, Fulham, Leeds, PNE and Brightonto make up any dropped points from above

Tue Feb 14

Newcastle United (7.45pm)
H
Sat Feb 18
Burton Albion
A
Sun Feb 26
Live on SkyIpswich Town (12pm)
H
Sat Mar 4
Sheffield Wednesday
A