Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Might be of interest to those

who do not take the Sunday Times:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/home/norwich-norfolks-greatest-county-town-d3lvlkbf7

A nice read and it has made me a bit homesick.

(and it does mention our football team to add some relevance to this forum.)

Well The Times really ought to research things better. They might then have discovered that Norwich is desperately trying to stop living in splendid isolation and get itself connected to everywhere, just like everyone else; also that the ever busier airport, sorry INTERNATIONAL airport, has such difficulty making ends meet that it has to charge passengers a special airport tax of £10 per departure; and as for the commendably community-orientated football club, large numbers of said club''s REAL supporters want to get rid of its community-minded owners and see it taken over by somebody, anybody, with real wealth, i.e. sufficient to satisfy said supporters'' thirst for self-gratification. Typical superficial weekend journalism.

Thanks Westcoast.

I just thought it was seeing the old girl written about in such glowing terms.

Didn''t really disect the rights or wrongs of it.

I was interested too in the part that said many exiles return there to settle after being away for a while.

It is something I have too considered.

Despite your cynicism Westcoast, I still think that it''s a fine city with a good balance of history and modernity, lot''s of character and one that''s not short of amenities such as excellent shopping and a decent night-life. To say nothing of the pubs, which leave most of those in my area standing for being both pleasurable places to drink and for serving up good ale.

I always love coming "home," as I still call the place.

Lots of smaller regional airports around the country charge an airport development fee.Just saying[;)]

I phoned the ticket office this week to opt out of donation. Incredibly cheeky to ask fans to fund the academy, other and above the club''s other revenue streams from fans.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]who do not take the Sunday Times:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/home/norwich-norfolks-greatest-county-town-d3lvlkbf7

A nice read and it has made me a bit homesick.

(and it does mention our football team to add some relevance to this forum.)[/quote]are we a town now ?just replying

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 29/01/2017 4:01 PM:

I phoned the ticket office this week to opt out of donation. Incredibly cheeky to ask fans to fund the academy, other and above the club''s other revenue streams from fans.

It is a bit cheeky to automatically include it.

This year I''m going to pay it on me 3 tickets, still think it should be an opt in though, rather than an opt out.

Fickle me.