Sign in to follow this  
morty

Ben Godfrey.

Haven''t seen another thread, and maybe the event got a bit lost amongst the win and Cam''s great goal, but congrats to him on making his Championship debut.Heres to another young player, that we paid buttons for establishing himself in the team.The futures bright!

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]I''ve heard good reports of him and hopefully he can provide cover for Tettey who''s not getting any younger. When''s Dorrans back?[/quote]Few times i have seen him play he is very tidy and solid, I''m hoping / thinking theres a lot more to come from him.I don''t think Dorrans is anywhere near, sure I have seen figures of at least 6 or 8 weeks away.

[quote user="South_Stand_Canary"]Thought Tettey played well yesterday but pleased to see Godfrey on as well.

A fantastic prospect for the future.[/quote]Its an important aspect of our long term future, developing good young players, rather than basically paying someone else to develop them for us.

He''s a big strong lad, was surprised how powerful he looked for a young lad when I saw him warming up. Pleased that Alex got him on, although from his interview it sounded as if he had no choice but to take Alex off as he was unwell.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="South_Stand_Canary"]Thought Tettey played well yesterday but pleased to see Godfrey on as well.

A fantastic prospect for the future.[/quote]Its an important aspect of our long term future, developing good young players, rather than basically paying someone else to develop them for us.[/quote]

Indeed. I would have liked to have seen Maddison play a role yesterday but I''m not surprised that he wasn''t even on the bench.

[quote user="South_Stand_Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="South_Stand_Canary"]Thought Tettey played well yesterday but pleased to see Godfrey on as well.

A fantastic prospect for the future.[/quote]Its an important aspect of our long term future, developing good young players, rather than basically paying someone else to develop them for us.[/quote]

Indeed. I would have liked to have seen Maddison play a role yesterday but I''m not surprised that he wasn''t even on the bench.[/quote]Theres no subterfuge, he was ill.

[quote user="South_Stand_Canary"]Ah. Didn''t know that.

Was that the case with Pritchard as well?[/quote]I think it was, theres a stomach bug going round at Colney. Tettey was touch and go too I believe.

What are people thinking his best position is?

Looks like the build of a CM for me but I''m sure AN has said he doesn''t see it his best position. Seen him play RB a few times.

Definitely looks a prospect

Really like what I''ve seen of him, I hope he now is close to more starts. Like to see him and Howson together

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]What are people thinking his best position is?

Looks like the build of a CM for me but I''m sure AN has said he doesn''t see it his best position. Seen him play RB a few times.

Definitely looks a prospect[/quote]According to his wiki he''s primarily a central midfielder, though Alex Neil says he sees him as a centre back.

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]Are the phrases "Stomach bug doing the rounds at Colney" and "Colney facilities putting prospective signings off" connected in any way?[/quote]Unless its an actual open cess pit of Cholera, probably not.Though it would be good if anyone ITK could confirm it wasn''t Cholera.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]I heard that he is being lined up as a CB. That''s fine as a modern CB needs to be able to play out as well as block.

Either way it is good news.[/quote]Alex Neil said he sees his future as a right sided centre back, and I believe he has played at RB for the yoof.Good that he can play a variety of positions, but I suspect that he''ll end up in the position the manager wants him in, unless injuries and suspensions mean that needs must.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bristolcanary"]I heard that he is being lined up as a CB. That''s fine as a modern CB needs to be able to play out as well as block.

Either way it is good news.[/quote]Alex Neil said he sees his future as a right sided centre back, and I believe he has played at RB for the yoof.Good that he can play a variety of positions, but I suspect that he''ll end up in the position the manager wants him in, unless injuries and suspensions mean that needs must.

What an excellent and concise response.

[quote user="me tarzan"]What a stupid and unnecessary response.[/quote]He''s consistent, I''ll give him that[Y]

[quote user="me tarzan"]What a stupid and unnecessary response.[/quote]

Precisely, couldn''t agree more. You obviously don''t do irony.

"You obviously don''t do irony.

"no, the wife does thatshe''s chinesemy shirts are always perfectly pressed

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]MEGA LOL![/quote]We''ve missed your "MEGA LOL''s" Tangy. Good to have you back. [:D](just need a "North Korean Communist party" now). [<:o)]