Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Brady off and loans in?

Profit made, clear central defensive issues not addresses, no striker to actually score goals (again).

It''s obvious what we need but the club and Alex Neil are clearly not capable of getting the players in.

Another shocking transfer window with a World Cup star out the door and a loan in!

When lambert was here we got our business done early and clubs that are doing well and exceeding expectation tend to be able to do this. We have stuck with a massively failing manager and not backed him.

Oh well at least we are away next and the transfer window will have been shut. What a shambles!

Oh goody, the ''lambert was here we got our business done early'' myth is back.It was one window when he didn''t have to make any significant signings and he''s never done again it since that one time.

[quote user="E I E I E I O"]Profit made, clear central defensive issues not addresses, no striker to actually score goals (again).

It''s obvious what we need but the club and Alex Neil are clearly not capable of getting the players in.

Another shocking transfer window with a World Cup star out the door and a loan in!

When lambert was here we got our business done early and clubs that are doing well and exceeding expectation tend to be able to do this. We have stuck with a massively failing manager and not backed him.

Oh well at least we are away next and the transfer window will have been shut. What a shambles![/quote]

The problem is the transfer window itself. Transfer windows duing the season just distract players and fans away from the football.  One window should be enough and it should be during the close season. Once a season starts, no transfers should be allowed. If a club can''t get it''s personell right then, 22 outfield players and three goalkeepers, then that is tough.  We obviously tried to get players in last window, but couldn''t get them across the line.   It''s like buying a house that is caught in a chain.  You only need the sale of the house at the top of he chain to fall through and all the people waiting below can''t get their sale through.  Its a kind of instituionalised madness.  

[quote user="E I E I E I O"]Profit made, clear central defensive issues not addresses, no striker to actually score goals (again).[/quote]
I disagree on the striker issue. We''ve got Oliveria and Jerome, both with 8 goals, our average goals scored is 1.68, only Newcastle and Barnsley have a higher average. On the flip side we have a a 25% clean sheet, the worst in the top 10 and 40 goals conceeded only 6 teams in the entire division have conceded more.
Scoring goals isn''t the big issue for us here, our defence has stagnated for several seasons now and the defence has to be the priority.

''''The problem is the transfer window itself. Transfer windows duing the season just distract players and fans away from the football. One window should be enough and it should be during the close season. Once a season starts, no transfers should be allowed. If a club can''t get it''s personell right then, 22 outfield players and three goalkeepers, then that is tough. We obviously tried to get players in last window, but couldn''t get them across the line. It''s like buying a house that is caught in a chain. You only need the sale of the house at the top of he chain to fall through and all the people waiting below can''t get their sale through. Its a kind of instituionalised madness. ''''....LDC

100% agree lakey. The Jan transfer window just allows the vulture clubs with dosh to unsettle players. Close season should be the only time players can move. Assemble a squad for the season and get on with the footy.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''The problem is the transfer window itself. Transfer windows duing the season just distract players and fans away from the football. One window should be enough and it should be during the close season. Once a season starts, no transfers should be allowed. If a club can''t get it''s personell right then, 22 outfield players and three goalkeepers, then that is tough. We obviously tried to get players in last window, but couldn''t get them across the line. It''s like buying a house that is caught in a chain. You only need the sale of the house at the top of he chain to fall through and all the people waiting below can''t get their sale through. Its a kind of instituionalised madness. ''''....LDC

100% agree lakey. The Jan transfer window just allows the vulture clubs with dosh to unsettle players. Close season should be the only time players can move. Assemble a squad for the season and get on with the footy.[/quote]e

The problem is that the January window does exist and we don''t seem to use it at all well!

[quote user="Alfie54"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]''''The problem is the transfer window itself. Transfer windows duing the season just distract players and fans away from the football. One window should be enough and it should be during the close season. Once a season starts, no transfers should be allowed. If a club can''t get it''s personell right then, 22 outfield players and three goalkeepers, then that is tough. We obviously tried to get players in last window, but couldn''t get them across the line. It''s like buying a house that is caught in a chain. You only need the sale of the house at the top of he chain to fall through and all the people waiting below can''t get their sale through. Its a kind of instituionalised madness. ''''....LDC

100% agree lakey. The Jan transfer window just allows the vulture clubs with dosh to unsettle players. Close season should be the only time players can move. Assemble a squad for the season and get on with the footy.[/quote]e

The problem is that the January window does exist and we don''t seem to use it at all well![/quote]Who does?

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="E I E I E I O"]Profit made, clear central defensive issues not addresses, no striker to actually score goals (again).[/quote]
I disagree on the striker issue. We''ve got Oliveria and Jerome, both with 8 goals, our average goals scored is 1.68, only Newcastle and Barnsley have a higher average. On the flip side we have a a 25% clean sheet, the worst in the top 10 and 40 goals conceeded only 6 teams in the entire division have conceded more.
Scoring goals isn''t the big issue for us here, our defence has stagnated for several seasons now and the defence has to be the priority.
[/quote]

Trouble is, I don''t believe it is just the back four. Yes they seem to lose touch and ball watch somewhat but we sacrifice another forward player to have one/two sitters so that when the full backs push up, the CB''s can split and the sitter marks the middle.

But that sitter isn''t doing his job properly much of the time.

I would like to see someone brought in there.