Sign in to follow this  
Regime Change

Why Sack Worthington?

A couple of months ago I was firmly in the Worthy Out camp, but recently, I have come full circle (which may have something to to do with my heavy drinking) and I don''t understand why people are still calling for Worthy to be sacked.

1. Worthington''s tactic may seem bizarre at times, but, I think he is the Manager most likely to lead City back to the Premier League.

2. We are only four points off sixth place in the League.

3. This squad may have been assembled for about £10 (with exception of Ashton, Hucks and Doc), but the more they player together and the more confidence they build the team increasingly looks like one of the best in the division.

4. Who cares if City do seem to be able to perform for 90 minutes at the moment, if we''re good enough to perform for 45 minutes and still win? I AM NOT GOING TO COMPLAIN!

File in the easily pleased category.

45 minutes against Hull who posed no threat is not a sign the team are going to push on now, the juries out on Worthy and will continue to be so until he learns tactics and when and who to substitute.

But keep taking the drugs reality bites.

Would we have had the same scoreline against a Sheff Utd, who knows .
The only reason I want worthy out is because of his attack against the fans, he''s shown us his true colours and I for one don''t like what I saw. I have no respect for him after that.

[quote]File in the easily pleased category. 45 minutes against Hull who posed no threat is not a sign the team are going to push on now, the juries out on Worthy and will continue to be so until he learns t...[/quote]

File in the hard to please category!

Worthy cannot win with some people.  We won last night.  Lets leave it at that.  We didn''t play badly against Reading and on another day would''ve got something from the game.  Since Dav has come in and the Doc has been performing we have looked much better.  It wasn''t like we were appalling in the second half last night.  We just didn''t score.  So what? We won!

Like Scott says we are just 4 points off a play off spot.  It''s not even the end of September yet.  Loads of time left.  Worthy is still the best man for the job. 

We should sack Worthy because a number of people who hang out on message boards decide its a good idea! 

They say that there are many quality managers out there who would be willing to come to Norwich with the prospect a well managed club who won''t spend millions on players (since we can''t afford to) with really good supporters (until we start to lose and everyone sharpens their knives!).

I''m still firmly in the "Worthy In" camp (it seems to be the fashion to declare where you lie).  He has done a good job and I feel that alot of our problems this year are in the fans and the player''s minds.  There is a mentality that we have a stonkingly good squad (I''d say good for this division, but not good enough to storm it as some people think we should be), and that Worthy is to blame, when short of some (the usual) tactical errors we''re not playing too badly and things are on the mend.

The club has, a relegation hang over, in my opinion, and the play offs are still well within our reach (as is 2nd place i''d wager).

If anyone can think of a manager who''d realistically come to Norwich who doens''t have some kind of weakness I''d like to know.  Keegan was a name I read, and he certainly has a problem (ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK!) and Martin O''Neil isn''t going to come back to Norwich, some league 2 manager would be too much of a gamble, the list goes on, but nobody has come up with a reasonable and worthwhile suggestion.

Also all these bloody "Polls" and that sickening open letter are beyond belief.  Do you really believe what was written?  How much more do you claim to know about football than the entire management team, and exactly what would we gain from sacking an entire coaching staff?  I''m not sure what some people have been home brewing, but I think I''ll give those ales a miss!

I''ve refrained from posting on this board recently due to the completely pointness nature of alot of the comments and the incredibly fickle nature of many people, who seem to shut up until Worthy puts a foot wrong and then suddenly appear from the shadows later.  Is it any wonder the man snapped in an interview?  If I were Worthington and I had people writing completely pointless, nasty and clearly retarded letters to my boss, I''d snap too.

I''m not claiming Worthington is the perfect manager, he wouldn''t be with us if we were, but people are just going to have to deal with reality, which is in this situation is that we are a well run, sustainable club, and probably won''t bounce straight back up.  We have injuries and new players in important positions, we''re clearly in transition (i.e Flembo out) and this team will take time to achieve.

OTBC!

A Slightly less angry Chunky!

Peter

I don''t consider myself easy to please.  After the Stoke game I was firmly in the Worthy out camp, but, the clubs position has improved and I am willing to admit I was wrong.

I can''t think of an obvious replacement for Worthy.

If we replace Worthy now we can kiss goodbye to any chance of making the playoffs or automatic promotion - both of which I still think are achievable this season.

I honestly believe that the some of the new players are beginning to settle, the team is beginning to gel, and we look like one of the better sides in this division

Ronbol Ronbol, this is not the first time Worthington has attacked the fans - after one game (at the beginning of his reign) during which the fans sang ''You don''t know what your doing''  He came back fighting saying ''that was the most noise they made all game''.  I think it was a fair comment he made the other day - he is the mananger - so he makes the decisions. You obviosly cannot remember his first ''attack'' on the fans - due to the fact u r making such a big thing about his recent comment - were u actually a fan back then? or have u jumped on the bandwagon recently??

If we sack worthington we can kiss all promotion chances goodbye this year and bye bye Ashton, Safri, Marney and prob Davenport (if we sign him perm)

We need worthington 2 go up!!

I''m a ''Worthy In'' man myself, but that really means ''in for now'' not ''in for ever'' (I doubt anyone would argue the later!).

Most of the fans have been expecting too much this season (all that talk of running away with the league were way over the top), it was always going to be tough coming down, but I see improvements in the team and as long as these continue I am confident of a play-off place. We have to put a run together now, beating Brighton is a must, to prove we have ''turned the corner''. We have to be up there in January if we are to safely keep Deano. If we are in the bottom third at Christmas, I will have another look at my ''Worthy In'' stance. I very much doubt that the board would look at replacing him before then anyway.

We do have to get the good bit of our performance to last longer than 45 minutes. We matched Reading for a lot of the game, but because we aren''t consistent we conceded. The same would have happened last night against a better team. Other teams will also have passages when they look in control, but if we play like we can for 75 minutes instead of 45 minutes, we will get the wins against any team! Either that, or we need to score more when we are on top and kill the games off earlier. Who, at the start of the season, would have predicted we would have problems scoring?

[quote]er, I don''t want to be a smart ass, but if you''ve come ''full circle'' won''t you be back where you started, i.e. wanting worthy sacked? Maybve you mean your opinion has taken a u-turn...[/quote]

Tufnell well spotted! My sense of direction isn''t what it could be, although in my defence, I did point out I drink heavily.