Sign in to follow this  
Big O

The story of three transfer windows under Alex Neil

Just after we signed Robbie Brady for a protracted £7m and Mbokani on a season long loan we seemed to have a decent squad other than crying out for a few defenders...

We are now 3 transfer windows on and we have bought

Pinto - Hit

Klose - Hit

Oliveria - Hit

Maddison - one for the future

Godfrey - one for the future (but doing well)

Adams - not quite certain how he is progressing

Jarvis - Miss

Pritchard - Jury out but currently a Miss

Naismith - in the balance - bad start but getting better

Canos - Miss

and it would appear we are about to sign Djiks and Wildschut...

I don''t think the individual purchases would suggest we aren''t identifying decent players, I''m more concerned that were not addressing the balance in the squad.

Naismith, Wes, Maddision, Pritchard, Both Murphys, Jarvis, Canos (currently), Wildshut all basically play in the attack mid positions and yet we still are crying out for a solid centre-half who can cope with the physical demands of the championship and a midfielder with an engine and discipline.

Come the summer we have a number of CB''s out of contract, mulumbu out of contract, lafferety too. On that basis I am surprised the Brady money will go on Wildshut (not that he is a bad player) but we should be using it to invest elsewhere.

Still if he joins, then lets get behind him and hope hes the new hucks!

Moxey admitted that there is an imbalance in the squad that needs adressing, starting in this window, but I suspect mostly taking place in the summer.

probably a bit but whilst he is clearly a good player, we haven''t really got the return you would expect on an £8m investment.

Time could change that of course

Alex Neil doesn''t get any choice in what players we buy the chief executive and the head of recruitment decide who we bring in and Alex has to make the best of it. That''''s how it work''s at a modern football club , I know this for a fact cos a poster on here who knows everything about everything has said so several time''s !!!