Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Just For Info

I called the club today as when we we''re on holiday in April last year we sold our season tickets on buy back.

With us cancelling our season tickets we asked about the £80 buy back money we had would be paid to us, but alas no, if you cancel you next season ticket that money normally goes against the season ticket renewal and your not entitled to that money, you just lose it to the club!

Not sure how I stand, I''ve questioned it further and still waiting on a response from the club!

[quote user="Indy"]I called the club today as when we we''re on holiday in April last year we sold our season tickets on buy back.

With us cancelling our season tickets we asked about the £80 buy back money we had would be paid to us, but alas no, if you cancel you next season ticket that money normally goes against the season ticket renewal and your not entitled to that money, you just lose it to the club!

Not sure how I stand, I''ve questioned it further and still waiting on a response from the club![/quote]

You''ll have no joy - it''ll be in the terms and condtions somewhere...........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Indy"]I called the club today as when we we''re on holiday in April last year we sold our season tickets on buy back.

Not sure how I stand, I''ve questioned it further and still waiting on a response from the club![/quote]

You''ll have no joy - it''ll be in the terms and condtions somewhere...........

[/quote]I am not so sure. I haven''t checked, but I doubt the money from the buyback scheme is mentioned in the terms and conditions of  having a season ticket. It is much more likely simply to be something the club has as a policy. I think the "normally" - whether the club used that or not -  is the right word. That is what is normally done, but that doesn''t necessarily mean anyone buying a season ticket has agreed to that as part of the purchase contract.I remember two or three years ago the club told me that it had been decided buyback money would not go to the next year''s season ticket, but would have to be spent in the club shop. I complained about this (I was due a fair bit more money than I would ever want to spend on yellow and green baubles) and that notion then seemed to be dropped, because later I was told my money would, as before, go towards the next ticket.Thaty suggests the fate of buyback money is not legally bound by whatever the small print says but is open to argument, with the buyer having a right to demand it back.

To be honest £80 isn''t a huge amount of money, but in principle I have paid for that seat and I gave them permission to sell it again, they probably sold it for full price and offered me a small sum back, so to me it''s not right!

[quote user="Indy"]To be honest £80 isn''t a huge amount of money[/quote]It is to people who don''t have a lot of money spare.I couldn''t afford to just shrug my shoulders and let £80 walk out the door for absolutely no justified reason, and neither should you tbh.