Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk  Dan

So you win the euro millions....

...you net £70m... How much will you have to spend to buy your club?

What are you buying? A staduim? A guaranteed 25k fans/customers every 2 weeks? Employees who are assets to the business worth more than £30m?

Could you buy the club and sell off the player assets? And promote youth development?

Could you buy in at £40m and invest £30m on players & wages and gamble the PL prize money?

What would you do?

Donate 50 million to good charitable causes, then buy a nice house and retire to a nice life, why buy into something you have no clue about and will inevitably wipeout your money?

A big fu(k off yacht.No way I''d throw my money away on a football club, only for ungrateful fans to want me out, when the money runs out.

I''d buy it for £1 and bring in a proper board with dynamic footballing knowledge. I''d then raise all the ticket prices by 10% to cover the £10 million war chest I''d give to our new manager Darren Huckerby.

I''d then sell off our high earning players, reinvest any money into the youth system building a team from young hotshot future superstars as detailed from FM2017.

This should propel us up the table and Europe in less than three seasons.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]A football club or a big fu(k off yacht,? both bottomless pits to soak up your cash, just build a wall at bottom of A140.[/quote]
Haha, better still, how much would it cost to just dig up the suffolk border and float them off into the North Sea?

[quote user="Plastic Nancy"]I would buy Ipswich Town. I have a few ideas about how I can run that club.[/quote]you could grow some lovely old spuds on the pitch,, let the paupers move in with Colchesterand with the other £69.999.99m I would buy Norwich Castle, turf out old that old guff from years ago and turn the grown floor into an indoor 5 a side pitch

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"] just build a wall at bottom of A140.[/quote]Obviously you would make the Scum pay for the wall Lessingham. [:D]

Morty

A big fu(k off yacht.

No way I''d throw my money away on a football club, only for ungrateful fans to want me out, when the money runs out.

I''m with you Morty , spent some times on mega yachts ( my friends is an engineer ). What a way to wind your life away 😁

🛥🏊🏊🕺🕺

With 70 million I''d like to put enough into the club to get on the board and have a great seat for matches. I don''t need a yacht, as I did all that whilst in the Royal Navy and I don''t need a bigger house, this ones too big for me at the moment. No, with the remaining funds I''d like to be the worlds greatest philanthropic, giving money away to those that need funds.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]With 70 million I''d like to put enough into the club to get on the board and have a great seat for matches. I don''t need a yacht, as I did all that whilst in the Royal Navy and I don''t need a bigger house, this ones too big for me at the moment. No, with the remaining funds I''d like to be the worlds greatest philanthropic, giving money away to those that need funds.[/quote]

Its not enough money

I would not consider buying the club in its present situation with less than a few billion 5-10.

If where where to be relegated desperate and the current owners willing to give it away I maybe would consider it if i where to have over 100 million.

Its a big money waster and if your holding the baby when the tv rights start to go down its going o be awful.

I always thought if I won that sort of money I''d give the club an interest free loan to rebuild the city stand. Putting money in the transfer kitty is much more of a gamble, but helping the club become more competive under its own steam could help well into the future.

That said I''d set up sort of arrangement where they would pay back the amount, say a million a year for each year they are in the top flight and then it''s perhaps halved in the championship... so I''d get the money back slowly, almost like having a savings account, but in a manageable way with no interest,

Then I''d buy the yacht

[quote user="morty"]A big fu(k off yacht.No way I''d throw my money away on a football club, only for ungrateful fans to want me out, when the money runs out.[/quote]

Surely you would hire a hit man for you know who first?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"]A big fu(k off yacht.No way I''d throw my money away on a football club, only for ungrateful fans to want me out, when the money runs out.[/quote]

Surely you would hire a hit man for you know who first?[/quote]You''ll have to narrow it down, my "to kill" list seems to be growing [;)]

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Morty

You''ll have to narrow it down, my "to kill" list seems to be growing Wink [;)]

At least I for sure I''m not on it , me and Morty 🤞🕺🕺[/quote][:D]You''re on a whole other list.