Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

Another Failed Window?

So there we have it! Transfer fees received rising to £20 million. Transfer fees paid (for one player) £7 million. Therefore, was this window about properly rebalancing the squad, or was it a case of Alex Neil doing the Board''s bidding by starting the process of downsizing the club?

The net result of the window is that the left-side is roughly the same, albeit with more potential. But the hidden agenda of the Board is clear. It is more about plugging this season''s financial black hole of £12.6 million than demonstrating a real desire to return to the EPL. After allowing for the £1.5 million sell-on to Hull, the Canary Board have almost plugged the hole.

But of course Neil and the Board have failed to address the area of greatest need (ie. central defence). By putting the money in the bank instead, promotion is certainly out of the equation this season. I don''t know why it is, but this club always seems to have a complete blind spot when it comes to central defenders. It is never much of a priority to find and play the calibre of player that is required.

So we will just carry on conceding for fun starting with Cardiff next up. Not promotion, not promotion, not promotion.

Board, Neil and Moxey out.

The success or otherwise will be determined by how performances are on the field.

Do we know if there was any failed bids for a CH? Or any other positions.

If only we had acquired a player with a bit of a bulky physique who could play as a centre back.If only we had not sold three of the tallest players at the club.If only I was priviliged to see the contracts as well, then I''m sure I might agree with you master pig minceSo why not post them up on here so that we can all see that you are not talking out of your ar  se ?As you usually do

[quote user="king canary"]As with any window you can''t pass judgement until we''ve actually seen them play a bit.[/quote]

But we haven''t signed any centre-backs so there is nothing to pass judgement on. The boy Dijks and the boy Wildschut are not going to be able to do Russell Martin''s job for him. Nor Bennett''s. Nor Bassong''s. Nor Klose''s.

[quote user="Big Vince"] I don''t know why it is, but this club always seems to have a complete blind spot when it comes to central defenders. It is never much of a priority to find and play the calibre of player that is required. [/quote]

What happened last January, did they turn a blind eye to thier blind spot?

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Big Vince"] I don''t know why it is, but this club always seems to have a complete blind spot when it comes to central defenders. It is never much of a priority to find and play the calibre of player that is required. [/quote]

What happened last January, did they turn a blind eye to thier blind spot?

[/quote]

But Klose is no good at this level and has awful lapses in concentration. He is not the calibre of player required.

The last two summer windows the club failed to sign a single defender permanently (Wisdom on loan).

No one will ever convince me that this club is bothered about defending. Probably have to go back to Ron Saunders to find a time when they did.

[quote user="Big Vince"]No one will ever convince me that this club is bothered about defending. Probably have to go back to Ron Saunders to find a time when they did.[/quote]You obviously weren''t around when Hughton was here Vinnie. [:D]Anyway, your boys could have done with some new defenders after last night''s showing.........

I thought the window worked out ok. I was sound asleep when it slammed shut and it never woke me up at all.

Wasn''t a failed window as such.

Just didn''t deliver what was said to be the objective. Strengthening the group was what AN said he wanted to do. Unless these 2 prove to be exceptional we probably haven''t done that.

Relying on luck with injuries/suspensions in centre midfield particularly

We''ll probably see Klose, Bassong and Turner depart at the end of the season and be left with a gaffe prone combo of Martin and Bennett in central defence.Looking at things this way the last several windows have been failures in that we''ve hung onto players too long, seen them leech the club dry and thus cannot afford replacements.Having weak majority owners has resulted in a weak board and a weak squad. The whole club is littered with hangers on.

As ncfc windows go i thought this was a good one. We got good money for players that wanted to leave. We replaced them with 2 up and coming talented players. Both have something to prove and both bring much needed athleticism and height. Our abillity to attack and defend set pieces should improve, it can''t get any worse! As for spending cash, there would be a loan fee for Dijks and with an option to buy it would be foolish not to have funds should he prove successful. Wildschut looks excellent from what I''ve seen. He has the highest successful dribble completion in the championship. We might have another Hucks on our hands, time will tell.

I don''t get all the moaning. I guess some people are never happy, probably mostly with themselves.