CITY boss Nigel Worthington spoke to First News today about remarks made to BBC Radio Norfolk following the match against Reading at Carrow Road.

Some supporters have expressed concern over one comment in which Worthington said he ''didn''t care'' what supporters thought following his decision to substitute Paul McVeigh in the second half of Saturday''s 1-0 defeat by the Royals.

But speaking exclusively to First News, the Canaries boss today expressed regret for any upset caused by the comment.

He commented: "If my remarks have caused offence to any of our supporters then I apologise wholeheartedly.

"I was being interviewed not long after the game had ended. Saturday was frustrating for all concerned and nobody''s more frustrated than myself, the coaching staff and the players.

"Everybody has their own opinions and of course they are entitled to them. What I was trying to say and indeed did say in the main press conference minutes later is that we understand the fans'' frustrations and we share them - but that at the end of the day myself and the coaching staff have the responsibility to make decisions about things like tactics and substitutions.

"Our supporters are magnificent and it''s important we all stick together now as we have done so well and so positively for the last five years. I hope they will once again give their tremendous support to the players on Tuesday night when we play Hull."