Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Peter Crouch 100 club.

Good to see our ex (loan) player join the 100 club.

Would have loved to have seen him return here. He seems to be enjoying his time at Stoke ATM.

Good to see the robot back too, but hopefully just a one off!!

Well done PC.

Not really, his successful loan spell here raised a lot of interest

VanWink

He wouldn''t be where he is without City👍

TBF I always felt Huckerby saved his career, he came here on loan as a an out of favour striker, and the partnership between the two of them was excellent, and Hucks gave him so many assists that his confidence soared, IMO.

Wasn''t it a straight choice between his and hucks, as we could only afford one?

I think for longevity we got a great deal with hucks, crouch Would have been great to keep too, but would undoubtedly moved on.

[quote user="Kidderminster Exile"]How many did he score for us ?[/quote]4 goals in 15 appearances.

I remember at Carra when Crouchy was playing for QPR and was a virtual unknown. He appeared out of the tunnel, a tall lanky and gangly youth......to a chorus from the Barclay ''FREAK'' he actually took 3 strides before his shorts moved......A bit uncalled for, but he took it in good heart and has since had a pretty good career......Would still have him here if it was possible......Well done Mr Crouch, I salute you and your robotics!

And full respect for his reply to the question of ''what would u be if not a footballer!''

Absolute quality

[quote user="Greavsy"]Wasn''t it a straight choice between his and hucks, as we could only afford one?

I think for longevity we got a great deal with hucks, crouch Would have been great to keep too, but would undoubtedly moved on.[/quote]It was in the Winter, but we should have gone back for him in the following Summer when we were crying out for a striker.

Totally agree walking, not many will argue with that. Doesn''t he look young in his ncfc pics now tho?

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2017 10:08 AM:

VanWink

He wouldn''t be where he is without City👍

TBF I always felt Huckerby saved his career, he came here on loan as a an out of favour striker, and the partnership between the two of them was excellent, and Hucks gave him so many assists that his confidence soared, IMO.

Indeed Lessingham, it would have been nice if we could have afforded to sign them both.

Here''s a quick just for fun question.

We had 3 loan players at that time, who made their debuts in the same match.

Can you name the 3rd, and where was he from? He always gets forgotten

"TIL 1010"

It was Kevin Harper from Portsmouth.

the same Kevin Harper who had previously torn us to shreds in (i think) a televised match? Promised so much before his arrival here - delivered nothing once here. Sent off i believe, or injured? Loan terminated, never heard of again, until today on this posting......