Sign in to follow this  
The Big Bad Wolf

February

Looking at the fixtures this could be a make or break month for us. We have six games with the toon at home looking like a tough one but our home form appears reasonable. We have got to start winning away against some of the fairly average teams. There should be a comfortable home win against the scum. In all if we ended up with four wins we are right in the playoff mix. Let''s hope the new players give us a boost. If we make the playoffs then I don''t think any of the other teams would want to be playing us. We should have a good idea of what to expect at the end of this month. This is the interesting part of the season. Squad depth should come into play. There are almost always a couple of teams where the wheels come off, and others that put a good run together. Time for Alex and the players to step up. Wolf.

I''m having a break in Norwich during February, coming up for the Forest match and staying until the Newcastle match. I hope I return home with a BIG smile on my face.

Yes, was going to start a similar thread, so I''m gad someone else did it first (saves any nonsense).  It''s a really busy month with five games in two weeks.  Going to need all the players in the squad involved and to be up for it and with the transfer window out of the way, there are no excuses about players not trying etc etc. It''s all hands to the pump! 

Toon only managed a 2-2 draw with QPR last night, so they are not unbeatable.

Hope we hit a good run, and really push on, to a playoff place.

Target a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games. Any less the playoffs will be a struggle as we are still not winning away

I believe we have the ability to win every home game from now until the end of season - may be ambitious, but it''s not outrageous...

Hudds. 27 49

Derby County 28 46

Sheffield Wed 28 46

Barnsley 29 44

Fulham 28 43

Norwich City 28 43

We seem to be in a battle for 5th. and 6th. place with the above teams. Leeds the next team above have an eleven point gap over us.

As said, our away results will be crucial. We play Wednesday and Huddersfield away in our remaining fixtures. A point or more in these two games will be extra crucial.

We really need to keep it going , get some positive vibes around the club again. A good result against Cardiff could be crucial imo... to keep the doom and gloom out and start a good run. Then again we need lady luck to shine on us too...

I think one good away performance could spark a run of results we need to challenge 4 a play off spot

If we get a win at Cardiff and put memories of our Cr@p away form to bed, I foresee a good month.

I am feeling confident about Saturday, but Cardiff are doing well at home and it''s going to be very tough.

Confidence is growing and despite many of us not convinced about AN, I would dearly love another run like two seasons ago.

It isn''t always the ability that wins games or there wouldn''t be two non league teams in the last 16 of the FA Cup.

Belief is 50 per cent of it from now on. I just hope the players , knowing all is done and dusted until the season ends, can now settle and keep banging in the goals.

I have long since stopped bothering about how we defend so now we have Basil back we more or less (forget Jarvis) have every player to choose from at the sharp end.

And anyway I''d rather win 5-4 than 1-0 any day.