Sign in to follow this  
morty

Norwich City 92-93.

The year we almost did a Leicester and a couple of years later of course ended in relegation which may be the case for Leicester. a magnificent season followed by the following years European exploits

I had my ticket for Arsenal away but i gave in to severe nagging from the girlfriend in the Isle of man, my face must of been a picture as the goals went in during the 2nd half, we rowed all day on the Sunday, split up sun night, ferry home on the Monday and drove to Carrow road on the Tuesday for the Chelsea home game, those were happy days, great video :)

Amazing time to be a Norwich fan. My prize possession is a singed ball from that season, only problem is that some of the signatures are impossible to tell who they are!

No I didn''t make it clear in my post. I meant some of the players signatures are such scribbles that they are not recognisable

Best football I''ve ever seen us play over those years. Under Stringer the years before we tended to over play. Under Walker we kept the good passing but become much more incisive. Great memories.

And yet two years later we ended up having to play Rob Newman up front because Chase had sold off Ashley Ward as part of a fire sale. And that''s why I can''t accept things were better under Chase by design.

Happy days, hard to believe it''s nearly a quarter of a century ago. Where did all that time go?

[quote user="JF"]No I didn''t make it clear in my post. I meant some of the players signatures are such scribbles that they are not recognisable[/quote]

Sorry JF i was teasing you, as you put singed ball instead of signed,lol

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]I had my ticket for Arsenal away but i gave in to severe nagging from the girlfriend in the Isle of man, my face must of been a picture as the goals went in during the 2nd half, we rowed all day on the Sunday, split up sun night, ferry home on the Monday and drove to Carrow road on the Tuesday for the Chelsea home game, those were happy days, great video :)[/quote]maybe if you hired a motor boat instead you might still be together

Wonderful memories. The club''s fortunes seem to have impacted the city itself which has gone downhill in the period since we beat the Germans.

Anyone remember this

https://www.balls.ie/football/dave-beasant-chelsea-retro-football-clip-354622

No one will dare criticise Ruddy again after watching that!

If memory serves me correctly he went on to put himself out of the game for months by dropping a jar of salad cream onto his foot! 😂

I was a junior scout for the club at the time... for the record I never spotted anyone who made it... but several got taken on ... I lived opposite a park where Lee Sharpe played most weeks but never spotted him!Anyway point is.... next season.... they phoned me up 5 days before the Bayern away game and offered me a return ticket on the players plane for £60... but i had a job and young kids... calculated at the time we''d probably lose 5-0... AND TURNED IT DOWN... i could have been on tghe plane home with the players celebrating that win...Still amongst the biggest mistakes of my lifeAnd just to bring it back to that season I remember beating Clough''s Forest at the City ground 3-0 on March 31st... and all 3500 of us chanting ''we are top of the league say we are top of the league'' for ages after the final whistle.... happy days

Great videos for someone like me who was born that year so definitely not in the memory bank!

[quote user="hogesar"]Great videos for someone like me who was born that year so definitely not in the memory bank![/quote]Good isn''t it? Really well made. I think theres a whole series of them about other clubs too.

you don''t see this on the pitch anymore! Credit to the lad, he takes it well!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-psiElPI1I

Living in Australia at the time so missed it all. Got back in time to see us get relegated[:|]

[quote user="Herman"]Living in Australia at the time so missed it all. Got back in time to see us get relegated[:|][/quote]Was living in Cornwall at the time.....might as well have been Australia.....

I was 11 in 1992 and didn''t really ''get'' it back then.... i knew it was special though.

My dad said we''d never have it again... he was/is right...

Wings of a Sparrow Great year to be a Norwich fan.

I''ll never forgive my mate for getting married on the day we won away at Arsenal on the opening day...!

I used to work with an Arsenal fan who got married on that day! Never let him live it down! Divorced now, say no more!!!