Sign in to follow this  
eldrich canary

Doc sounds like new a new player!

The match sounds excellent, I think Worthy is finally getting it, I mean look at this:

The defence looks shakey and he gets a 21 yrs old loan + drops the captain, I bet at the moment Shax is getting a tad worried that he''ll not be playing for a while.

The Doc who has been blasted for so long here finally gets a decent partner and does well including scoring the winning goal.

Worthy manages to get a loan striker in who although is not doing so well is at least scaring defences into making mistakes so that others can score. At the moment we have 3 attackers injured (Leon, Thorn, Aston) so its a pretty good thing worthy managed to get another in.

Finally he plays McVeigh and Hux togeather and they scare the other team, WLY and Hux, both can take on defenders and run at them - about time we had them both.

Question thou: what was the formation last night I asuume it was something like

Green
Colin Doc Davenport Drury

Safri
Marney Hughs
WLY

Ashton Hux

But it sounded like Hux was on the left of the diamond, so where did Hughs play?

I kinda hop that when Davenport leaves in Dec its only for a few weeks and Shax returns to the side. I think Flem on the bench is a wise move cos he can cover RB and CB

Fleming would look good playing with Davenport.  A class act the most composed player ever seen at Carrow Rd.  Doc looks safer but when Dav goes back which he surely will too good for us.  Doc must play with Shackell, if Fleming brought back he will play right side, Doc only looking good because playing right side Centre Back.  Would Worthy recognise this I doubt it.

Eldrich, I think that a lot of us hadn''t questioned the Doc''s ability; he seemed uncomfortable on the ball at times, I think, because of a lack of confidence (that stemmed from playing alongside Fleming). However, he looks a different player with Davenport alongside him and almost snatched the Man of the Match award again last night.

ive always thought the doc was the butt of unfair criticism, hes an easy target, if doherty had been turning in perfomances as bad as those of mckenzie this season, he would have been hung out to dry. the raking passes to huckerby on the left wing are a welcome addition to our armoury, (note ipswich), and again last night, as is his brick wall defending. Anyone who has met the guy will testify that he is a smashing fellow. good luck to him, pity we dont have a few more like him!