Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Come on everyone, that's a good window....

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Just that. We have lost some good players, retained our best and replaced the leavers with exciting prospects.[/quote]
Eh I suppose it could be worse, the proof will be in the pudding ultimately, I don''t exactly have high hopes however.

I wouldn''t say good, more acceptable

We have lost 2 solid international players, replaced with relatively unknown quantities, although that was always likely. We knew Brady was going to leave, we could guess Olsson may go

A good window would have been signing another LB and at least a CB, maybe a striker as well

Haven''t bought a CB again. Only time will tell if the new guys are of the same quality as the two that left

Brady was one of our best players. Sold 3 out bought 1 in plus a loan, downgraded and cashed in. Life in the Championship.

Yeah decent window.Fresh faces who want to do well could just propel us over the line.

It''s not a good window in terms of our starting eleven but it is a sensible one for the club as a whole.

We''ve got rid of 2 big earners for decent money, around 20 mill. We''ve also seemingly got our money back on a reserve player. I don''t agree canos isn''t good enough but if AN was never going to play him why bother keeping him?

We''ll obviously not have the quality we''ve been used to down that left hand side as it was prem level. We''ve signed players that certainly aren''t on any prem clubs radars but they are physically bigger and that may help us more than the technical side this season.

Agree. We kept hold of Pinto and Klose, both of who I thought were on their way by the way they applauded the crowd after the Wolves game. Naismith seems to be coming into his own and we have just brought in a couple of decent signings. Canos and Brady could be seen as a fair deal for that outcome

Brady and Olsson wanted out since the summer. Canos was a strange one. The left side is sorted and we have youth coming through as well. I am glad we kept our first team. There was a danger that we could lose the Murphy''s, klose, naismith et al.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Was still hoping we might make a late announcement on Bogle, but seems to be fading fast.[/quote]Bogle to Wigan.

We are no stronger now than before the window opened. Didn''t strenghten the area''s we desperatley need to which are the centre of defence and defensive mid. Another striker would have been very handy aswell. Just did the bare minimum in replacing the players we let go.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Morty

Bogle to Wigan.

Thanks, missed that one![/quote]Not done yet I don''t think, but thats the word.Maybe if we could have offloaded laugherty....

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Brady and Olsson wanted out since the summer. Canos was a strange one. The left side is sorted and we have youth coming through as well. I am glad we kept our first team. There was a danger that we could lose the Murphy''s, klose, naismith et al.[/quote]Agreed.This suggests that far from being a club no one wants to join we are a good prospect and we have also retained all thoe we thought might be off. If both Olsson and Brady can get PL contracts then good luck to them. That''s how we pretty much got them and that''s how it is. Canos was one of those of some you win some you don''t.The two incoming players also reaffirm my thoughts that maybe we have been lacking a bit of brawn in many games, Guile, as with Hoolahan is not always enough when you are dealing with what is often a rough house.The club is in good hands, and certainly has it''s sights set on promotion still (albeit via the playoffs) and after a bit of dusting down is back in the fray for the final furlong or so.Looking at those coming through.. Murphy''s, Morris, Thompson, McGrandles, Mathews,Godfrey... and others we are in a very strong positionOne that makes me glad I stuck a few quid on us a few days back at 8-1.I''m certain you won''t see those odds again this season

A good window.

Our downfall has been that teams bully us - especially away - and realise ''they don''t like it up ''em''.

These two beefy lads should hopefully give us a bit more muscle.

I think its a very good window... got rid of three who didn''t want to be here... pretty obvious everyone else now does... summer will lose us the deadwood Laffs/Bassong/Whits.... who at least do want to be here if only for the money ...And replaced them with two first team players who are big and quick... and both with an Ajax pedigree... they played together before... was that what got Dijk here... his mate? ? Just  a thought but a good strategy by AN if so...The extra pace... breaking out... set pieces for and against... its been a thorn...I think they will be just what we are missing... better Laffs on bench and Carlton getting games...And sign Bogle for what? We have 1 striker position sand two top strikers to play... sitting on the bench is not what Bogle or we need...I think its a top window... see you at Wembley in May

3 out, 2 in..but that was certainly a long , long wait for the new guys. Probably due in part to Alex''s insistance in getting a good price for Brady, if 13 mill is indeed what was agreed, then it was worth the wait, also it was likely needed, as Wigan played hardball over the value of Wildschut also. All in all, not bad at all, Brady and Olsson were always two of the main suspects to leave, Alex has replaced them and freshened the squad. Canos, no matter what he does in the future, was maybe a signing at the wrong time for us, wish him well for the future. The summer will be the time to really move the oldies out, with the likes of Laffs, Turner, Whitts etc, contracts running out, gives Alex and City more room for manouvering.Finally, a word for Alex and his staff, we merrily criticise often for varying things, but it seems a huge amount of hard work has gone on behind the scenes, to get the two new lads in, and of course, theres work involved in the ones who leave also. Well done Alex, not a bad window at all, in the end, and that almost literally.

yep, we seem to have got who we wanted, no last minute panic buys eitherI suspect a large part of each of these fees will be conditional... some may remember how much we coughed up last time we went up (and the time before)It is not always the transfer fee that is what is haggled about, it is the ''add ons'' ie how much if we go up, how much if we stay up, how much for any sell on, appearance clauses, even goals scored, release clause - and there is never any exact template for thiswith foreign players it can often be one of how much time off to return home, international duty etcthese are what push up the supposed fee rather than some ebay like auctionit is also in both parties interest to see the fee reported as high as posible

I have no problem with players like Ollsen and Brady moving on , should have happened this summer.

My concern is we really have still not addressed CB issue even though we have 10m plus in bank from this window.

STFU Highland. Sick to death of your misery. If you don''t like it, go and watch Inverurie Locos.

Bit early to be declaring it a good window I think. We will have to wait and see how these new guys perform. If they are up to it then yes it''s a good window but if either of them turn out to be sh*t or get the Canos/Pritchard treatment then it won''t have been a good window because we have lost two proven, international performers who were generally guaranteed starters. We have also gone from having two left back options to only one which leaves us very vulnerable if Dijks gets injured.

That said I like the fact we have a genuinely quick, proper left winger at last.