Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Step forward nephew Tom

If it came to it I''m sure Mr Stone has better credentials to take the reins as much as we''d all love Tom...

"Now, Tom, this is Jeremy. You''re going to be shadowing him on work experience for the next few months and I want to you pay attention to how he handles FA Cup ticket prices."

Makes absolute sense to put Tom in charge. He has the values that the owners desire and has been a director for long enough nownto step up. Steve Stone can assist with financial matters and there must surely now be a spot on the board for Ricky Martin.

Ultimately, this will stabilise the club for the foreseeable future and will guarantee a smooth handing over of the baton when her majesty decides that it''s time.

Tom has already shown his commitment to all things local by trying to support local businesses like the Galway Roast. I''d expect Colmans, Jarrolds and Lucy''s Chips all to become more deeply involved in the coming months.

I hope he continues with the idea of encouraging young and hungry businesses. Maybe a craft Brewery in the Barclay and a tattoo parlour in the Snake Pit. His legacy could literally be written in ink on our fans.

The Oxford English Dictionary have accepted the new word

"Nephewtomism"

It is an alternative to

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs"

I''ve been on AncestorsRus all night but can find no link.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]The Oxford English Dictionary have accepted the new word

"Nephewtomism"

It is an alternative to

"the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs"

I''ve been on AncestorsRus all night but can find no link.[/quote]The truth is stranger than fiction;"The term originated with the assignment of nephews to important positions by Catholic popes and bishops"

I expect Delia went to see The Pope and he suggested it.