Sign in to follow this  
Mr Cholmondley Warner

So where has all the wonga gone?

As Zipper said - it''s all going to the agents and players. Despite saying in past years that contracts were in place with the squad that had a relegation clause in them, thus allowing for salary payments to drop back to a more "normal" championship level, it is clear from the difficulties in offloading fringe players that this patently isn''t the case. The majority of our playing squad from the premiership are still creaming premiership salaries. Hence the cash flow difficulties - the parachute payments in arrears, the timing of past transfer fees in and out, plus lower current TV payments etc - all net down to cashflow that was pretty tight. Hence the club saying that overdraft facilities of £8 Million were being budgeted for. However this facility was only wanted mid-year, prior to one of the tranches of the parachute payment.

By the financial year-end you won''t be able to tell from the balance sheet figures why we were apparently so short of cash, because that balance sheet is drawn up after the final instalments of the parachute monies. My view is that unless we get promotion (when we will then have to splash the cash again to get some real quality in) we will have a balance sheet that after this transfer window, will look really healthy and cash rich.

The over-riding feeling on this Board then will be why didn''t we spend the surplus we achieved over the past few weeks on more players, and the Board will get even more of a kicking. Perhaps Bowkett, if he had been around, would have been able to persuade the Bank to back such a gamble. But methinks the lack of a true business man on the Board to do those sort of negotiations is the killer here.

So the Wonga hasn''t arrived yet in answer to the OP''s question. And won''t until June!

It''s either;A little while back it was mentioned that Klose wasn''t playing because we couldn''t afford to pay the next installment on his transfer that would be triggered after X number of games.orAfter the last game Klose & Pinto stayed on the pitch longer than all the other players, this was interpreted as them saying good bye to the fans.orNone of the above, as it''s a transfer fee it''s just money which we will get in installments.

Perhaps some of it is going to the builders and decorators to bring colney up to scratch so we don''t pu prospective purchases off when they see the mass of portakabins...

[quote user="cornish sam"]Perhaps some of it is going to the builders and decorators to bring colney up to scratch so we don''t pu prospective purchases off when they see the mass of portakabins...[/quote]I saw someone say this whole portakabin thing had been blown out of proportion, and its actually only the youth team that uses them.

[quote user="shefcanary"]As Zipper said - it''s all going to the agents and players. Despite saying in past years that contracts were in place with the squad that had a relegation clause in them, thus allowing for salary payments to drop back to a more "normal" championship level, it is clear from the difficulties in offloading fringe players that this patently isn''t the case. The majority of our playing squad from the premiership are still creaming premiership salaries. Hence the cash flow difficulties - the parachute payments in arrears, the timing of past transfer fees in and out, plus lower current TV payments etc - all net down to cashflow that was pretty tight. Hence the club saying that overdraft facilities of £8 Million were being budgeted for. However this facility was only wanted mid-year, prior to one of the tranches of the parachute payment.

By the financial year-end you won''t be able to tell from the balance sheet figures why we were apparently so short of cash, because that balance sheet is drawn up after the final instalments of the parachute monies. My view is that unless we get promotion (when we will then have to splash the cash again to get some real quality in) we will have a balance sheet that after this transfer window, will look really healthy and cash rich.

The over-riding feeling on this Board then will be why didn''t we spend the surplus we achieved over the past few weeks on more players, and the Board will get even more of a kicking. Perhaps Bowkett, if he had been around, would have been able to persuade the Bank to back such a gamble. But methinks the lack of a true business man on the Board to do those sort of negotiations is the killer here.

So the Wonga hasn''t arrived yet in answer to the OP''s question. And won''t until June![/quote]With respect I think that is doubly questionable. I doubt the bank would have been willing to back that kind of gamble. I don''t think their decision would have depended on the level of business expertise in the boardroom, but on their view of its wisdom or otherwise. Secondly, even if the bank had played ball, that wouldn''t have made it a good idea. It still would have been reckless.As to where the money has gone, from earlier on, it always amuses me that posters here who are willing to call a spade a spade on most subjects suddenly go all bashful and allusive when they want to accuse Delia of peculation of funds. If they know she has stolen money from the club why not just say so, in plain English?

Purple said "With respect I think that is doubly questionable. I doubt the bank would have been willing to back that kind of gamble. I don''t think their decision would have depended on the level of business expertise in the boardroom, but on their view of its wisdom or otherwise. Secondly, even if the bank had played ball, that wouldn''t have made it a good idea. It still would have been reckless."

Purple as a fellow FPA I accept such a premise I posited would have been reckless. But it still will be an accusation that will be levelled at the Board. We can decry it, but sure as night follows day ......

Now, about that ground expansion ......

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]I am hoping that some of the money is spent on facilities like the quality of the catering at the ground[/quote]

what do we want?

More Scampi

When do we want it?

Pre-match

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cornish sam"]Perhaps some of it is going to the builders and decorators to bring colney up to scratch so we don''t pu prospective purchases off when they see the mass of portakabins...[/quote]I saw someone say this whole portakabin thing had been blown out of proportion, and its actually only the youth team that uses them.[/quote]

That explains the lack of development in the youth team then. The club is spending all the money on giving the kids who use it tetanus jabs. Portacabingate.

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]We know have the answer to where the wonga went it is to pay off yet another CEO

You couldn''t make it up[/quote]But you could - like you always do Waveney