Sign in to follow this  
Mr Cholmondley Warner

So where has all the wonga gone?

£13 for Brady, £2,5 for canos, £4 for olsson. We spent £7 million so where has the rest gone?

Also I bet the wages of the incoming are lower than the outgoing

So it begs the question where is the rest

Promotion promotion promotion my ar$e

Thank heavens it was you who asked the question Mr Warner as opposed to a whinging whining old fanny. [;)]

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]£13 for Brady, £2,5 for canos, £4 for olsson. We spent £7 million so where has the rest gone?

Also I bet the wages of the incoming are lower than the outgoing

So it begs the question where is the rest

Promotion promotion promotion my ar$e[/quote]

So according to your figures we have received a total of £19.50 and spent £7,000,000. So by my calculation we had a net spend of £6,999,80.50 so I''m not quite sure what your question is?

Given that we have spent several years in the prem- and that others going up spent MUCH more...there is a question there that is worth asking. Even with cloth needing cutting etc...

If...and it''s a big if....we can get into the play offs and get promotion with what we have done in ths transfer window - then it will be seen as a huge success.  Even if we don''t, we might even have staved off going into any significamt debt at the end of the season.We have a new strong left back and a fiery winger, both who appear hungry to do well.  If that doesn''t freshen things up for the team - and the fans - then nothing will.   Who knows, we may well be better financially and on the field. 

It''s the Norwich reality, for better or worse, we aint going to go bust but we ain''t going compete with the big money clubs.

I still don''t get the need to spend every penny of transfer fees

As for where has the money gone, I''m sure people will soon figure that out when the accounts are released - my guess is into the bank account to cover inevitable shortfalls caused by relegation and start preparing for the next window - if we don''t get promoted we will have to rebuild, if we get promoted this window''s spending is irrelavant as we can prepare for PL again

If you went to the AGM you would know about the 7 million deficit in the cash flow. Apparently we won''t need an overdraft now.

Let''s hope they use it to build for the future! I don''t buy into the fact that they have to spend it immediately, panic buying in january. We''ve sold a few big earners and we''ve signed a player that won''t be earning as much. Hopefully our youth players will get more chances and the money will be spent in the summer. We all hope the future will be the PL, but I still doubt it ...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I still don''t get the need to spend every penny of transfer fees

As for where has the money gone, I''m sure people will soon figure that out when the accounts are released - my guess is into the bank account to cover inevitable shortfalls caused by relegation and start preparing for the next window - if we don''t get promoted we will have to rebuild, if we get promoted this window''s spending is irrelavant as we can prepare for PL again[/quote]

Rogue Baboon, may I suggest that if you are going to start to talk sense then you find yourself another forum - I''ve read your post a couple of times and can not find an insult towards another poster nor can I find a "secretive" swear word - now off you pop before you start posting more excellent posts. :-)

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]Same place its been going for years and thats not back into the playing squad .[/quote]Where has it been going then?

Payments are staggered with installments. We''ll have earmarked money for Djiks if we make the transfer permanent and nobody knows what the real figures are anyway. The selling club will quote or release the full amount with potential add ons, the buying club the amount upfront + guaranteed add ons.

We will also have a roughly 8 million £ hole in the finances if we don''t go up this year. Make that roughly 4 as we won''t be signing Djiks but still.

As much as I''m annoyed at our owners for their refusal to even entertain investment enquiries I seriously, seriously doubt they''re siphoning money out of the club or not letting us spend it.

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]Payments are staggered with installments. We''ll have earmarked money for Djiks if we make the transfer permanent and nobody knows what the real figures are anyway. The selling club will quote or release the full amount with potential add ons, the buying club the amount upfront + guaranteed add ons.

We will also have a roughly 8 million £ hole in the finances if we don''t go up this year. Make that roughly 4 as we won''t be signing Djiks but still.

As much as I''m annoyed at our owners for their refusal to even entertain investment enquiries I seriously, seriously doubt they''re siphoning money out of the club or not letting us spend it.[/quote]^^^That.

The OP forgot the money received for Redmond and maybe some sell on money when Snodgrass joined WHU from Hull?. As far as I can see we have replaced what we have sold and made a profit, not sure what the issue is unless folk think we should have just spunked all the money we received?..........

The overwhelming majority has landed where it always does, the back pockets of players and their agents as well as the coaching staff.

As much as I want the current owners gone (and AN), I do not believe they are sitting in DS''s kitchen counting out the £20s.

[quote user="OldRobert"]As much as I want the current owners gone (and AN), I do not believe they are sitting in DS''s kitchen counting out the £20s.[/quote]Lots of folks seem to claim it, but can never actually back it up....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="OldRobert"]As much as I want the current owners gone (and AN), I do not believe they are sitting in DS''s kitchen counting out the £20s.[/quote]Lots of folks seem to claim it, but can never actually back it up....[/quote]Exactly.

The accounts will reveal all. However they are unlikely to convince conspiracy theorists.

[quote user="ricardo"]The accounts will reveal all. However they are unlikely to convince conspiracy theorists.[/quote]The accounts that are legally binding, and probably independently audited?Those accounts?

I''m not suggesting anything underhand here at all, but don''t all people who, to coin a phrase, have their hand in the till, disclose it on their accounts?

Yes Greavesy. If dividends or interest are paid its disclosed on the accounts. I believe divis are paid on preference shares but the ordinary shareholders don''t get a bean whether that may be my dynasty or Delias...

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]Money can be hidden in balance sheets adjustments for depreciation, consultancy fees etc etc

The numbers don''t add up. Simples[/quote]I suggest you contact the financial crimes unit or fraud squad then.[;)]