Sign in to follow this  
morty

Dijks

Looks like a done deal to me.....[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsyjzicrxn.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsyjzicrxn.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Must be a hoax, I understood from a few threads on here we wouldn''t be bringing anybody in.[/quote][:D]

Can''t see anything official? Great if we have, big lad and at 23 a good replacement as he can if needed slot in at CB.

[quote user="Indy"]Can''t see anything official? Great if we have, big lad and at 23 a good replacement as he can if needed slot in at CB.[/quote]Looks like he gazumped them by posting it on his facebook page.

That''s him in the u-23 then, if he''s been naughty on Facebook before Moxey has the chance to show off! 😉

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps1ll9506n.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps1ll9506n.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

That''s a good signing and great to see we have the option to buy.....subject to him wanting to sign permanent.

Why do they have to hold the shirt? Why not wear it?

Very happy with this - he looks a decent player - love his strength too, watching the youtubes of him (yes yes, I know) that''s the thing that immediately struck me. 
He''s big, quick, strong, good crosser, can beat players, pick a pass, and looks decent defensively too. 
Only thing not to like is the fact it''s a loan.

Loving all the good signing posts 🤔

99% of us never knew who he was till the smoke signals started appearing.

And the fact he was not convinced enough to commit full time says a lot.

Thats not to say he will be poor.

But prooved quality he is not.

And that is whats needed for the run in to stand a chance at a play off place.

Sorry, been out so not sure where we are. From what I can make out:

Sold Olsson, Brady and Canos for 20m +

Got Dijks on loan.

You would like to think we''re not done. We will be leaving this window considerably weaker than we started unless I''ve missed a signing or something!

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Great to see him getting stuck into training. If he''s as good as Pinto, we''ll have a couple of decent fullbacks.[/quote]

Lets hope he hits the ground running quicker than Pinto otherwise he''ll just about be up to speed with the English game in time to go back to Holland for the summer.

Pinto was worth waiting for as he was our player, we dont have that luxury here.

Left side is incredibly weak - we started the window with Brady and Olsson, 2 solid international footballers

As it stands we have replaced them with Dijks, an unknown quantity, and even then he''s only on loan...

[quote user="hogesar"]Sorry, been out so not sure where we are. From what I can make out:

Sold Olsson, Brady and Canos for 20m +

Got Dijks on loan.

You would like to think we''re not done. We will be leaving this window considerably weaker than we started unless I''ve missed a signing or something![/quote]Despite predictions (or one prediction), we did spend a couple of million or so more than we received in the summer, and we kept virtually all the high earners. Given our league position going into this window we were bound to shell out less than we got in, and to offload high earners. The club would have been remiss if it had splashed out again. That could not have been justified. But I assume we are still intending to spend some of that 20 million+.