Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Ed balls

Am I alone in noting that chaos at NCFC coincided with the arrival of a politician on the board? Seriously Ed came in and all jumped out.. coincidence or is he the problem?

No, unfortunately you''re probably not alone.But Ed Balls chairs board meetings, and likely has very, very little to do with the daily running of the club.

H[quote user="morty"]No, unfortunately you''re probably not alone.But Ed Balls chairs board meetings, and likely has very, very little to do with the daily running of the club.[/quote]

Except for when he did, and got his 90k payment.

There is no dividing line for when things started to go wrong (if that is what you think is happening). For some of you, everything the club does is a mistake and is always in the wrong.  To coin a popular phrase on here, everything that happens which doesn''t give us instant success is just another stick to beat the club with.

[quote user="lake district canary"]There is no dividing line for when things started to go wrong (if that is what you think is happening). For some of you, everything the club does is a mistake and is always in the wrong.  To coin a popular phrase on here, everything that happens which doesn''t give us instant success is just another stick to beat the club with.

[/quote]

Have you ever heard of tongue in cheek LDC?

I''m beginning to believe you put a crease in your pyjama bottoms!

(joke mate joke)

keelansgrandad -"I''m beginning to believe you put a crease in your pyjama bottoms!"

You mean you don''t? [*-)] [8-)] [:^)][:O][:O]

I''m not sure how much Balls effects things, but I''m fairly certain the amount of stuff he continue to keep diong outside the club, be it Strictly, Loose Women etc., hasn''t exactly put the club as his main focus.

Therefore - does he deserve the role? Is he partly to blame for our messy season and general club management?

How much does a chairman actually affect the decision making in the club?

I certainly felt more at home with McNally and Bowkett on board.

The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]

Are you being deliberately stupid or is the conecpt of time too hard for you?

Ed''s doing a most excellent job.......Just let him get on with the task in hand. He certainly doesn''t need all these distractions and needs to remain steadfast to focus on the problems associated with multi-tasking the role of NCFC Chairman......He sez.......

......#"LET''S ALL DO THE CONGA! LET''S ALL DO THE CONGA! NA NA NA NAH HEY!.....NA NA NA NAH!....HEY! LET''S ALL DO THE CONGA LET''S ALL DO THE CONGA!"#

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]You know full well he received that money for stepping into a different role.

[quote user=" Badger"]

keelansgrandad -"I''m beginning to believe you put a crease in your pyjama bottoms!"

You mean you don''t? [*-)] [8-)] [:^)][:O][:O]

[/quote]

Incontinence pads for me now I''m afraid. I sleep in the deep end of the bed.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]You know full well he received that money for stepping into a different role.[/quote]

If as stated Stone was acting CEO and Balls stepped into the role to recruit Moxey and to quote Balls" reluctantly accepted the 90K for this work". Should he now, in view of our financial position, and the outcome of his work, reluctantly pay it back!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]You know full well he received that money for stepping into a different role.[/quote]

If as stated Stone was acting CEO and Balls stepped into the role to recruit Moxey and to quote Balls" reluctantly accepted the 90K for this work". Should he now, in view of our financial position, and the outcome of his work, reluctantly pay it back![/quote]I don''t really see how that actually follows any logic?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]You know full well he received that money for stepping into a different role.[/quote]

If as stated Stone was acting CEO and Balls stepped into the role to recruit Moxey and to quote Balls" reluctantly accepted the 90K for this work". Should he now, in view of our financial position, and the outcome of his work, reluctantly pay it back![/quote]I don''t really see how that actually follows any logic?[/quote]

No I don''t suppose you would.

Then logic is not your strongest point.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]You know full well he received that money for stepping into a different role.[/quote]

If as stated Stone was acting CEO and Balls stepped into the role to recruit Moxey and to quote Balls" reluctantly accepted the 90K for this work". Should he now, in view of our financial position, and the outcome of his work, reluctantly pay it back![/quote]I don''t really see how that actually follows any logic?[/quote]

Then logic is not your strongest point.[/quote]If you got something wrong at work, would you pay some of your wages back?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The suggestion that Balls has very little to do with the day to day running of the club makes me wonder why he received £90K if that is the case.[/quote]You know full well he received that money for stepping into a different role.[/quote]

Then logic is not your strongest point.[/quote]If you got something wrong at work, would you pay some of your wages back?[/quote]

It wasn''t wages, he is not paid a wage, he is not an employee.

It was a "bonus" for the work that has proven "faulty".

So as chairman of the company and I was paid a bonus for what proved a big mistake, then yes I would expect to pay some or all of it back.

Yes, it was wages for long hours he put in, doing work for the club.Is that what happens in business then, people pay bonuses back?I put it to you, that you are talking nonsense.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]Would it be unfair to suggest that perhaps some of the more negative views towards Ed Balls on this forum may be politically motivated?[/quote]Not in the slightest....

If you wish to turn every post of mine into something about you, that''s up to you.

You obviously obviously never read viz?

[quote user="morty"]Yes, it was wages for long hours he put in, doing work for the club.Is that what happens in business then, people pay bonuses back?I put it to you, that you are talking nonsense.[/quote]

I am not going to get into an argument with a serial arguer.

You have no idea what you are talking about and NO it was not wages.

Thanks for your point of view and a good and happy posting day to you.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"]Yes, it was wages for long hours he put in, doing work for the club.Is that what happens in business then, people pay bonuses back?I put it to you, that you are talking nonsense.[/quote]

I am not going to get into an argument with a serial arguer.

You have no idea what you are talking about and NO it was not wages.

Thanks for your point of view and a good and happy posting day to you.[/quote]So when someone does some work, and they get paid for it, its not wages then?This is all very confusing.

Ok cards on the table, not politically motivated, just don''t like him.

He is a serial buffoon, labours BJ who to be honest I find more amusing due to his unpredictability.

Pompous red faced t.at that I would prefer wasn''t sitting on our board. :)

So yes it would suit my agenda if we could pin all the blame on him and get rid, so it''s all edd''s fault!, nice and tidy and let''s move on;)