Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Club officially in crisis - Prepare for the worst

What would you need on your CV to apply for the job?

I would be confident that if I could get past the CV, I would be able to smooth talk Dee (that is what she likes to be called) into appointing me.

Obviously remuneration would match my ability. Probably an old trade bike for transport, a room at the YMCA and the money back on Dee''s empties as wages.

Then the club could announce that they have scoured Awake and Watchtower for the right candidate and have come up with the best man for the job.

Mind you, my missus makes a legendary Cornish Pastie (Percy Varco gave her the recipe) and we do have a 5 litre container of anti bacterial spray in the cupboard.

And as I mentioned on an earlier post, we serve a bakers dozen pieces of Scampi.

The only problem I have is that I look a complete knob jockey with my hair gelled back.

Am I over qualified for the position.

PS

I''ve just emptied the washing machine and one of my socks has gone missing so I might look scruffy at the interview.

Keelansgrandad: "Am I over qualified for the position"

I think the crucial points missing are whether or not:

1. You check out

2. You are sufficiently thankful

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Keelansgrandad: "Am I over qualified for the position"

I think the crucial points missing are whether or not:

1. You check out

2. You are sufficiently thankful[/quote]

Here is my acceptance speech, would appreciate some input.

"I hope that five years and 10 years from now, I''ll be a better man, a more mature man, a wiser man, a more humble man and a more spirited man to serve the good of my people and the good of humanity."

Is that grovelling enough?

Moxey is no loss indeed his appointment was a bit of a damp squid in the first place. The worrying signs are possibly the board only appointing someone in the future that agrees with what they think. To say the club is in crisis though is well wide of the mark. yes we are slowly drifting down the footballing food chain and the managerial debate has been flogged to death. Recent performances have been far better, how we do on the road will determine if we are top 6 or top 12. The money brought in from transfers will keep the wolfe away from the door for a season, lets just enjoy the end of this season and take stock after that

Another feckup by the clowns who run this club.

Bring back Bowkett and McNally

We will find out more when TG gets back, Daly.

He''s probably in Delia''s enjoying the chataunerf du pap, and a top class menu, courtesy of the management.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="True Grit"]sorry, i mean digging - not thinking straight - shock to the system.[/quote]Don''t go dogging by mistake.It''ll only make matters worse...[/quote]

Dogging meeting tonight at Mousehold 8.30PM bring your dogs or someone elses

All welcome tea and scones to follow

[quote user="Number 9"]We will find out more when TG gets back, Daly.

He''s probably in Delia''s enjoying the chataunerf du pap, and a top class menu, courtesy of the management.[/quote]

Won''t he be in his own place TGI Fridays?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Have enjoyed this thread. It flows and is very amusing. Now then, why is this I ask myself?

Got it!! Not one input from Morty.[/quote]You rang?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="VanWink"]Thorough hand washing is the key to preventing cross contamination.[/quote]

Beating the first man helps too.[/quote]

Quite right young fellow.

Our place in the world has diminished since we stopped beating.

Nanny would always give me a good thrashing first thing and it never did me any harm. Stood me in good stead when facing those fuzzie wuzzies.

Yours

Col. Isaac Hunt

Retired