Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Have you always supported the Canaries?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]See you at Burton then Tilly ;-)[/quote]Seats or terracing Lessingham and i am led to believe licensed premises are very few and far between around the ground ? Mr C.W and myself have terrace tickets.

Born in Jamaica, brought up near Reading, started supporting Norwich in 1975 after watching the League Cup final on the telly. All my family either support Reading or Arsenal and as a kid I used to sit in the Arsenal stands with my Norwich kit on when we played them.

Can''t tell you why I support them,its just one of those things, do I support my local team(Reading, not bloody Arsenal) well very half heartedly but when Norwich come to town I know where my loyalties Lie.

So in my reckoning that makes me a soft southern plastic:) and to make things even worse I now spend nearly half my time in France so really I am a soft southern plastic frog:)

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 02/02/2017 2:27 PM:

Born in Suffolk in 1988 and my Dad was a huge Man U fan (hence my name) and Mum used to love travelling to watch the Villa in London. I''ve always been fat so I was obviously mostly into rugby and darts as a youngster but once Dad got the job calling toilets and cleaning Bingo balls we all moved to Norwich. Since then, I''ve always been interested in the canaries and one of my proudest moments was getting my first Norwich/ManU Halfy half scarf and winning at Wembley was incredible, just like being at the Theatre of Dreams on a European night. Lovely stuff.

He should have called you Hans Christian Andersen for this fairy tale.

As for myself I was born in Drayton and my father, as the founding secretary of the Norwich City Football Supporters Association, used to take me to matches with my brothers. I was a ST holder for many seasons until my career took me away from the fair city.

Although I haven''t lived in Norfolk for over 20 years I still get to some games each season and spend match days following the games using t''internet and Sky Sports. As the saying goes you don''t choose your club, it chooses you. After 50+ years of supporting City it will be City ''till I die.

[quote user="morty"]Born in Glasgow and refused to take part in the "Oh you''re a protestant, so you must be a Rangers fan" nonsense. So grew up actually not liking football very much.First took an interest when I was posted to RAF Coltishall in the early 90''s and started going to Carrow road.So seeing as I had never watched or supported another football team, City definitely 1st for me![/quote]Suddenly everything becomes clear to me.

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"]Born in Glasgow and refused to take part in the "Oh you''re a protestant, so you must be a Rangers fan" nonsense. So grew up actually not liking football very much.First took an interest when I was posted to RAF Coltishall in the early 90''s and started going to Carrow road.So seeing as I had never watched or supported another football team, City definitely 1st for me![/quote]Suddenly everything becomes clear to me.

[/quote]I would beware of pompous know it alls derailing threads.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="morty"]Born in Glasgow and refused to take part in the "Oh you''re a protestant, so you must be a Rangers fan" nonsense. So grew up actually not liking football very much.First took an interest when I was posted to RAF Coltishall in the early 90''s and started going to Carrow road.So seeing as I had never watched or supported another football team, City definitely 1st for me![/quote]Suddenly everything becomes clear to me.

[/quote]I would beware of pompous know it alls derailing threads.[/quote]

Image result for touch a nerve meme

morty wrote the following post at 02/02/2017 4:36 PM:

Great stuff IBT, well done.

Back from your afternoon nap, Morty?

Hopefully a bit happier now. Good lad!!!

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]See you at Burton then Tilly ;-)[/quote]Seats or terracing Lessingham and i am led to believe licensed premises are very few and far between around the ground ? Mr C.W and myself have terrace tickets.[/quote]Check out the football ground guide Tillyhttp://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/pirelli-stadium-burton-albion.html#apubs-for-away-fans ( can''t do clicky thingy )I''m hoping for at least a swift half in the '' Coopers Tavern ''.... [;)]

[quote user="Greavsy"]morty wrote the following post at 02/02/2017 4:36 PM:

Great stuff IBT, well done.

Back from your afternoon nap, Morty?

Hopefully a bit happier now. Good lad!!![/quote]Is this the bit where another poster will tell you how tedious your silly games are, you apologise, then carry on anyway?

Your tedious axe grinding with me, in every thread is getting boring, enough people have told you now.

This is great thread Nigel!

Born in 84 in Dereham. Grew up surrounded by NCFC fans, used to go to the Norfolk show to meet the players, played for a carp youngsters group with a few Peter ''2Pac'' Mendham sessions thrown in for good measure.

Lost interest in football when it became clear the people who supported Norwich around me were d1ckheads.

Then fell back into it turn of the century through an old housemate, gradually culminating into obsessive behaviour!

Live in London currently so come up to Carra as often as I can allow for. I also attend Dulwich Hamlet as it''s a good lark and you can drink whilst watching - good afternoon out.

[quote user="Morgan"]This is great thread Nigel!

Born in 84 in Dereham. Grew up surrounded by NCFC fans, used to go to the Norfolk show to meet the players, played for a carp youngsters group with a few Peter ''2Pac'' Mendham sessions thrown in for good measure.

Lost interest in football when it became clear the people who supported Norwich around me were d1ckheads.

Then fell back into it turn of the century through an old housemate, gradually culminating into obsessive behaviour!

Live in London currently so come up to Carra as often as I can allow for. I also attend Dulwich Hamlet as it''s a good lark and you can drink whilst watching - good afternoon out.[/quote]You should pop into The Nelson and say hi to a few of us sometime!

morty wrote the following post at 02/02/2017 4:48 PM:

Your tedious axe grinding with me, in every thread is getting boring, enough people have told you now.

That''s a very selective memory Morty. Very selective indeed.

Every thread? I don''t think so, although I must admit it''s neigh on impossible to post on one that you haven''t.

Oh and how about sweeping your own doorstep before sweeping mine.

Attended The Carra when I was 6 years old. It was a Div South v Torquay. It couldn''t have been a big crowd as I spent a lot of time running up and down the Barclay steps.

Born in Gt Yarmouth, played a lot of minor Saturday and Sunday league football in Yarmouth/Norwich and er in the land of the Binfolk.

Have had a season ticket for years. I love the club and have a great time with the Bury Yellas on match days. They tell me I tend to drink too match and talk a load of ...... which is nonsense of course!

Born in Thorpe, always Norwich fan since dad took me to the football a few of times in the late sixties, the last one he took me to being the 6-0 against Birmingham in 71, I think it was. Went to many home games in the Saunders/Bond era, usually in the River End. Have lived all over the country since, long time in Cornwall, now Cumbria.  At first getting back to CR was like drops of gold, seeing many games that were always (in my memory anyway) exciting and entertaining and I hardly remember any losses. That sense of enjoyment and that knowledge that ours is a special club has stayed with me wherever I''ve been, which I think is one of the reasons I hate seeing negativity surrounding the club - to me it''s out of character....probably got my yellow and green glasses too stuck to my face....The thing I like best about it is that whatever happens in your life, good or bad, NCFC is always there as a constant - relationships come and go, family move on, jobs come and go, but your football club doesn''t move (unless you''re Wimbledon...).  That is another reason why I never want the club to sell out just for money. That would change the club forever.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Born in Thorpe, always Norwich fan since dad took me to the football a few of times in the late sixties, the last one he took me to being the 6-0 against Birmingham in 71, I think it was. Went to many home games in the Saunders/Bond era, usually in the River End. Have lived all over the country since, long time in Cornwall, now Cumbria.  At first getting back to CR was like drops of gold, seeing many games that were always (in my memory anyway) exciting and entertaining and I hardly remember any losses. That sense of enjoyment and that knowledge that ours is a special club has stayed with me wherever I''ve been, which I think is one of the reasons I hate seeing negativity surrounding the club - to me it''s out of character....probably got my yellow and green glasses too stuck to my face....The thing I like best about it is that whatever happens in your life, good or bad, NCFC is always there as a constant - relationships come and go, family move on, jobs come and go, but your football club doesn''t move (unless you''re Wimbledon...).  That is another reason why I never want the club to sell out just for money. That would change the club forever.

[/quote]

Plastic.

Born in 71, and moved to Norwich area, growing up as a lad supporting them.

Can always remember getting pullouts in footie mags of Keven Keelan!

Got chance to be ballboy at NCFC game early on, and was thrilled to hand the ball to Martin O''Neill!

So 46 years through the good n bad times of lil ole Norwich!

lake district canary wrote:
Born in Thorpe, always Norwich fan since dad took me to the football a few of times in the late sixties, the last one he took me to being the 6-0 against Birmingham in 71, I think it was. Went to many home games in the Saunders/Bond era, usually in the River End. Have lived all over the country since, long time in Cornwall, now Cumbria. At first getting back to CR was like drops of gold, seeing many games that were always (in my memory anyway) exciting and entertaining and I hardly remember any losses. That sense of enjoyment and that knowledge that ours is a special club has stayed with me wherever I''ve been, which I think is one of the reasons I hate seeing negativity surrounding the club - to me it''s out of character....probably got my yellow and green glasses too stuck to my face....The thing I like best about it is that whatever happens in your life, good or bad, NCFC is always there as a constant - relationships come and go, family move on, jobs come and go, but your football club doesn''t move (unless you''re Wimbledon...). That is another reason why I never want the club to sell out just for money. That would change the club forever.

Plastic.

Emmett, Janner

I can''t remember my first game at Carrow Rd. Too far back in the mists of time I suppose but it was certainly before the end of food rationing WW2.

Born in Hertfordshire but always supported Norwich. First game was against Middlesbrough in the 97-98 season and lost 3-1. I remember there was work on the bridge and was boarded up so my dad took us on a ''shortcut'', ended up going past the cathedral but luckily made it to the game in time. Went to another 2 games that season and then had a season ticket after that until my son was born a couple of years back and finances couldnt stretch but still make it to a few games a season.