Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Dijks and Wildschut at today's presser.

I''m sure there will be a few on here that missed this interview from today''s press conference, so well worth watching if you''ve not seen it already, love these guys rapport and it''s pretty funny too! I think Alex Neil''s done some very shrewd business here, I wish Brady and Olsson all the very best in their future endeavours, but I sneaking suspicion that this may well turn out a far better partnership down that left hand side. Apologies if you need to cut and paste the YouTube link but I guess better than nothing...

https://youtu.be/nlCklqzLDRo

If you caught the AN interview, he pointed out that they''ve known each other for years - they played together at Heerenveen and in the Dutch U21s which I''m not sure many of us had realised, I certainly hadn''t. Certainly can''t do any harm.

Agree with that Alex, looks a good partnership to really strengthen up that left hand see, and as KIO says the fact they know each other and have played together in the past can only be good.

I just watched the You Tube vids of these guys last season....looks like we may have one hell of a left side on our hands!

Pace, power, directness, all often missing in the soft tippy tappy world of Norwich City.

If they''re good lads as well, then even better. The word in the amp was that Brady (in particular) and Olsson weren''t too popular within the group so hopefully this helps as well.

I''m feeling reletively positive, let''s hope it doesn''t all come crashing down at Cardiff today!!!

Thanks chaps, really enjoyed watching that. Interesting comment about training being hard, didn''t MO say the same thing after his first session at Swansea?

VW, Olsson has gone off with cramp in his first two Swansea matches so that implies he''s not as fit as he could be.

Very interesting that they''ve known each other and have played together - I wonder if that''s half the reason Dijks changed his mind to sign in the end.

Clint RE: Olsson, I think it''s quite widely reported that the Prem is a lot more physically demanding on fitness, so it''s not a surprise to hear he''ll be feeling the strain a little to start with. I do admit I have had concerns about our fitness all season as have many others on here - I''ll never forget that Wigan home game earlier in the season, how we managed to hold on and win I''ve no idea because everybody looked knackered!

Clint wrote the following post at 04/02/2017 9:16 AM:

"VW, Olsson has gone off with cramp in his first two Swansea matches so that implies he''s not as fit as he could be. "

Maybe Clint but it''s a different League and he''s in a different team so it''s hard too draw a direct comparison. I don''t recall that happening today him when he played for us?

Having said that I have questioned both our mental and physical fitness in some games this season.

[quote user="Clint"]VW, Olsson has gone off with cramp in his first two Swansea matches so that implies he''s not as fit as he could be.[/quote]There could be a couple of reasons for that. One would be that the pace and speed in the PL is higher and more physically demanding so would take a little time to get the extra bit of fitness needed.   Another could be that he is trying that extra bit harder to impress as he is at a new club.  Or a bit of both.

Thanks Lakey for making my link ''clicky'' - I''m absolutely shoite when it comes to stuff like that!. Gordon, I''d hate to put the kiss of death on it but I literally can''t wait to see how they get on today, as KIO said they already know each other well, and to be honest there''s something about the style of (both of) their game that makes me very optimistic for a new and improved left hand side - I feel AN has done really well here as it looks to me that it now balances up with Jacob and Pinto on the right flank and what they offer going forward wise, and that''s an exciting prospect for us. Clint - Alex Neil couldn''t talk higher of Robbie Brady, stating he was a model pro, super to work with, and a really nice lad so I reckon those rumours about Brady are miles off the mark.

Spot on Alex, wish i was gong to Cardff today (haven''t missed a wee end game for ages) as really tun they are gong to add something special.

As for Brady have never heard a bad word about him, thin he simply felt he wanted to be n the PL, and seemed to be prepared to go along with the club and let it take its course, shame he has been below par for us this season only really playing well n last few games. All about whats ahead now. COYY

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Spot on Alex, wish i was gong to Cardff today (haven''t missed a wee end game for ages) as really tun they are gong to add something special.

As for Brady have never heard a bad word about him, thin he simply felt he wanted to be n the PL, and seemed to be prepared to go along with the club and let it take its course, shame he has been below par for us this season only really playing well n last few games. All about whats ahead now. COYY[/quote]Ditto. Last week I was less than keen, really wishing I''d gone now.

Morty

Ditto. Last week I was less than keen, really wishing I''d gone now.

Funny new i would feel like this, got up this morning and really had the urge to get n the car and head over there, now looking for a dodgy stream ;-)

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Morty

Ditto. Last week I was less than keen, really wishing I''d gone now.

Funny new i would feel like this, got up this morning and really had the urge to get n the car and head over there, now looking for a dodgy stream ;-)[/quote]Shamefully I shall be watching it on a stream today too[:(]Lol and I just looked at the rime and did a quick mental calculation of the journey!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]@weekend meant !!!![/quote]

😂

I think a couple of away games on the bounce will be good too for the pair of them in terms of settling into the team as well, before they make their Carrow Rd bow 👍. As for Robbie, I like the way he''s conducted himself, he sounded like he never made a fuss over a transfer move, Martin also (his agent on the other hand....!). Both good players but overall I feel we''ve freshened up that left hand side perfectly mate.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Is there a stream morty? LiveOnSat doesn''t show anything.[/quote]No idea actually, I''m not very up on such things.If not its Radio Norfolk I guess!

Re Brady, I probably could be clearer. I heard he''s a bit of a loner and doesn''t integrate too well with certain groups of the squad. This obviously doesn''t make him bad in any way, just that a couple of lads who seem that they may fit in better, may create more of a overall team spirit.

[quote user="Clint"]Re Brady, I probably could be clearer. I heard he''s a bit of a loner and doesn''t integrate too well with certain groups of the squad. This obviously doesn''t make him bad in any way, just that a couple of lads who seem that they may fit in better, may create more of a overall team spirit.[/quote]If you watch Alex Neil''s video from the press conference, he speaks very highly of Robbie.

I like Brady - he may be a bit of a loner, however some (including good team members) are comfortable operating that way. Howson for instance comes across as fairly independent as opposed to fussing over those around him. Both great footballers...

The two new guys certainly have a healthy rapport & positive expectations. e.g. Wildshut to Dijks about potential long balls from Cardiff: "Be ready, eh?"

Love that light-hearted spirit - it''s what''s been missing for months...

Morty, how does what I say about Brady suggest that Alex Neil would say anything other than good things about him?

[quote user="Clint"]Morty, how does what I say about Brady suggest that Alex Neil would say anything other than good things about him?[/quote]Alex Neil normally talks pretty openly and honestly. You were implying that him being a bit of a loner was a negative thing.Jeez, I''m not looking for an argument, but I have only ever heard good things about Brady.

Back to the relevance of Wildschut''s comment "Be ready, eh?"; a player with a negative focus/expectation might choose to say: "Be careful" or "Watch out" etc. which are fear-based comments.

Instant use of those two words "Be ready" indicate someone who already possesses a very positive focus/expectation.

It''s a sign of a winning mindset...