Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Team for Saturday

Now the transfer window has finished, and Brady and olsson gone, with the two new guys coming in, what are your line ups for Cardiff away?

Has Jerome done enough to stay in, now Olive''s ban is served.

What are their perceived strengths and weaknesses and how best would they fare against CardiffAssume that all things in that sense being equal then it is up to Oliveira to win his place back, or more importantly Jerome to lose his placeSo Jerome to stay

Saw interview with CJ who said he was moved his back injury, and implied that was why oliviera got in. Inclined to agree after his run for the goal on Saturday.

Hope he keeps it up, and drives us to the playoffs.

A great ''harrier'' of opponents, gets in their face so to speak and wins the ball off them.Let him run his socks of for 70 mins of so then maybe give Oliveira the last 20Both seeming to be hitting peak as well

Cams all the way for me Greavsy.

Would hope and expect to see the two new guys start but then who makes way. Away from home I would put Wes on the bench, to come on and change the game if we are losing.

JR

IP RM TK. MD

AT

JH

JM YW

SN

CJ

Totally agree, often goes unnoticed, but he is always hassling the opposition''s back line.

Very high work rate, plus being the lone front man, gonna tire as you say.

All things considered, could well be -              RuddyPinto Martin Klose Dijks        Howson Tettey   Jacob  Wes Naismith             JeromeWildschut/Oliveira/Pritchard/Josh/Bassong subs.  Strong bench! 

Wildschut only played the end of Wigans cup game, as just back from a hamstring injury.

I''m sure there will be an agreement (official or otherwise) that he won''t play against them next Tues, so may be ''rested'' to ensure fully fit and raring to go, for the following match.

dijlks deffo to start tho, simply because Whittaker isn''t the answer!

Why would there be an agreement Wildschut won''t play against Wigan? Did they give us a discount or something?

[quote user="Ian"]Why would there be an agreement Wildschut won''t play against Wigan? Did they give us a discount or something?[/quote]yes, that only usually applies to loans, for the obvious reasonthough all things considered he might just be on the bench

.....Ruddy......

Pinto...Martin...Klose...Dijks

........Howson...Tettey.....

Murphy....Hoolahan....Naismith

.............Jerome............

McGovern,Bennett,Mulumbu,Pritchard,Wildschut,Murphy,Oliveira.

I was about to write that its only a matter of time until Wildschut comes in as we wouldnt spend £7m on someone and then not play him.....but Pritchard of course proves that this isn''t necessarily the case.

Even so, I think Murphy''s place in the first XI is under threat now as I think his contribution to games is starting to waver...

@ Lessingham

I believe that is the case too, hence my ''unofficially'' comment. Be interesting to see.

Same team but obviously Dijks in for Brady. Thanks to his stupidity Oliveira has to win his place back all over again.

[quote user="hogesar"]Same team but obviously Dijks in for Brady. Thanks to his stupidity Oliveira has to win his place back all over again.[/quote]^^^Agree with this.Also agree with Dorset, I would have Whittaker on the bench.He can play in a variety of positions, including midfield[;)]

Dijks in for Brady

Wildshut to start for Murphy

The only other one I would consider is changing Martin for either bassong or Bennett. Cardiff tend to get the ball forward quickly and we could do with someone who is strong in the air with Klose

[quote user="morty"][quote user="hogesar"]Same team but obviously Dijks in for Brady. Thanks to his stupidity Oliveira has to win his place back all over again.[/quote]^^^Agree with this.Also agree with Dorset, I would have Whittaker on the bench.He can play in a variety of positions, including midfield[;)][/quote]

PMSL yeah definitely not midfield, sure we can cover that on the bench, just think Dijk might be blowing out his rear end come last 20 or so mins... Hope not only time will tell

I think LDC has probably called it right for Saturday.

But this does raise an interesting question re with Wildschut coming in and AN''s preference for 4231 what will be our first choice as the three.

Wes and Naismith are both doing well and I do not think it would be unfair to say that Jacob has gone off the boil recently. So is it the three that gave stated the last two games or do you bring in Wildschut either at the expense of Naismith, or by dropping Jacob and moving Naismith over to the right?

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]I think LDC has probably called it right for Saturday.

But this does raise an interesting question re with Wildschut coming in and AN''s preference for 4231 what will be our first choice as the three.

Wes and Naismith are both doing well and I do not think it would be unfair to say that Jacob has gone off the boil recently. So is it the three that gave stated the last two games or do you bring in Wildschut either at the expense of Naismith, or by dropping Jacob and moving Naismith over to the right?[/quote]I''m not so sure Wildschut will start, he''s not long back from injury.And sometimes with new players managers like to throw down a marker too along the lines of "You may be new, but don''t think you can just walk into the team".Dijks is different as he isn''t competing against anyone.I can see Wildschut being used as an impact sub on Saturday, maybe as Wes tires.

Certainly wouldn''t drop Naismith Sussex. I recon Wildshut may well be starting, if he is fit of course, I''m hoping he''s the sort of direct player that''s going to give us a bit more of an edge away from home.

So with Naismith out potentially...
              Ruddy
Pinto Martin Klose Dijks
        Howson Tettey
   Jacob  Wes  Wildshut 
             Jerome

.....Ruddy......

Pinto...Martin...Klose...Dijks

........Howson...Tettey.....

Murphy....Hoolahan....Naismith

.............Jerome............

McGovern,Bennett,Mulumbu,Pritchard,Wildschut,Murphy,Oliveira.

Ditto. Obvious really. (Whitts in there might make sense.)

One would hope that when changes are needed, and Jacob is the most likely first off, then we no longer get the Murphy for Murphy switch, but Wildschut gets on.

Pritchard for Hooli later on, no doubt. Perhaps Mulumbu if we are protecting a narrow lead.