Sign in to follow this  

Anecdotes?

Nutty Nigels (did you know that is ananagram of Gunny El Tit?) inspiring and enjoyable topic had me wondering whether anyone might have some amusing anecdotes about the club or their involvement withe the club.

I have one that kind of illustrates the club we are at heart.

My brother was one of the chaps that erected the perimter and security fencing at the ground during the troubled days.

While he was there one day (putting the razor blades in the away section of the Barclay) he noticed dear old Russell Allison roping of an area in front of the old Main stand.

Later on, Sir Arthur South the club Chairman appeared with an entourage of "Knobs" and they stepped over the ropes onto the area.

Not long after, and remember an empty stand makes a wonderful amplifier Russell appeared in the Barclay, spies old Arthur and shouts out, "OI, you effin plicks, what the fcuk do you think the fcuking rope is for. It''s to keep fcuking idiots off the fcukin pitch!"

The entourage hasn''t got a clue who is saying it or where the speaker is but they quickly get off the roped off area.

Priceless!

Is he in the Hall of Fame, if he isn''t he should be.  Used to work in the same office as his missus in the Seventies, lovely lady.

[quote user="OldRobert"]Is he in the Hall of Fame, if he isn''t he should be.  Used to work in the same office as his missus in the Seventies, lovely lady.[/quote]

Doris, yes, nice family.

Being a Lakenham boy, me and my mates often walked down to Trowse to watch City train, the two things I remember about those times are......Ron Saunders nicked my pen after I got his autograph, and I once saw Justin Fashanus cadge a lift on a milk float as it drove towards Norwich on what was in those days the Norwich to Lowestoft road, not very exciting I know!!.......

[quote user="Number 9"][quote user="OldRobert"]Is he in the Hall of Fame, if he isn''t he should be.  Used to work in the same office as his missus in the Seventies, lovely lady.[/quote]

Doris, yes, nice family.[/quote]I confess my memory had let me down over her name Number 9, it was a long time ago now.  I think I had to call her Mrs Allison anyway!  Was in Percy Howes & Co''s, Surrey St office (Estate Agents).  She used to regale us about his antics down at CR.

[quote user="OldRobert"]Is he in the Hall of Fame, if he isn''t he should be.  Used to work in the same office as his missus in the Seventies, lovely lady.[/quote]

One of the lounges is named after Russ.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="OldRobert"]Is he in the Hall of Fame, if he isn''t he should be.  Used to work in the same office as his missus in the Seventies, lovely lady.[/quote]

One of the lounges is named after Russ.[/quote]Pleased to hear it.

Is there anything named after the bloke who uses to push the drinks/sweets trolly around the perimeter of the pitch??

There should be, he was a legend.

Sweeeeeetss!

Can you you remember the two blokes who carried the board round with the lucky numbers winners just after ha;f time.

The bloke at the back, fag hanging out of his mouth, just kept his head down and when the bloke at the front stopped, the other bloke stopped with a start.

People used to shout out stop just to get them at it.

And the fiat cars, sponsored by pointers garage, driving around the side of the pitch.

Oh happy days.

[quote user="Greavsy"]And the fiat cars, sponsored by pointers garage, driving around the side of the pitch.

Oh happy days.[/quote]

Forgot about Pointers Motors.

And the poor old handicapped in their sky blue vehicles down at the River End corner.