Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Top six within reach

We can now say the tide has turned and look forward. Alex has got his team playing.The new players will only push the team on. Sometimes it takes time for teams to come together. Now fingers crossed, is the time.

Today''s game will reveal a lot about our supposed re-incarnation into a play-off side once again.

Some say a draw will do. Whilst not a disaster, it will indicate nothing as Cardiff away should be a likely three points to any aspiring promotion candidate.

A win will create more confidence for the team.

Neil will have a spring in his heels and this will convey a positive mind-set to the whole of the squad, new boys especially.

Lose and ...................... ??

Mind the gap.

[quote user="mr footy"]We can now say the tide has turned and look forward. Alex has got his team playing.The new players will only push the team on. Sometimes it takes time for teams to come together. Now fingers crossed, is the time.[/quote]It has nearly turned.I think, as broady says, today will be maybe the final piece in our mini revival jigsaw, because I don''t think we can get into the top six on home form alone.Also, if we are going to get into the play offs, then some decent away form will come in handy.Like you I think the fresh faces could really make a difference.As a side note, I wonder, although they have a great squad, how much Newcastle are regretting not freshening things up a bit?

[quote user="mr footy"]We can now say the tide has turned and look forward. Alex has got his team playing.The new players will only push the team on. Sometimes it takes time for teams to come together. Now fingers crossed, is the time.[/quote]

Today and Tuesday will have quite a bearing on our season. Two away wins and we are back up and flying and with other teams above us playing each other, things could look much better by next Saturday.  Got to win those two games though!

We are 6 points behind so yes that is true, the way we do or do not pick up away points from now until the end of the season will be decisive. We need to keep the home form going and a win away at least once in 3 games

Yet to be convinced we have turned the corner. Our away form is quite bad. Does that mean we have turned the corner? We have stopped the rot. As posters here have noted these next two games are absolutely critical....for me it has to be 6 points (but could argue 4 if really pushed) from these two. Cardiff is no easy match, that is for sure. I''m excited ahead though about the 2 Dutch lads. Great signings.

Keep our home form going and a draws away from home would surely be enough.

If we can just start to put in performances away from home points are bound to come.