Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jez Moxey

Steve Stone it is Knows the club better than most

knows the finance the club has / needs

knows the plan of the owners

gets on with the job instead of Moxy looking like he is about to sell a XR3i to the next Boy racer

remember the owners have seen what Stone can do as CEO and can compare him and Moxey better than Anyone

Why are people saying we should appoint Steve Stone as CEO when we were told (dubiously in my book but we were told nonetheless) that Balls had to step in during the summer because Stone needed help?

Balls who got £90k for appointing Moxey. An appointment that has failed and probably cost us a lot of money if we''ve had to agree a payoff.

We had no one else in mind so had to use an agency. They recommended him.

Hopefully Steve Stone turns out to be a great CEO or we''ll have to go down that route again as somehow, nobody left at board level has any idea how to find a CEO anymore.

I wish we still had someone like Bowkett on board. We appointed McNally pretty sharpish once he was elected to the board. I don''t wanna have to use an agency again. That''s the equivalent of a club using an agent to help them find players! Who do you think they''re gonna recommend. The best player or one of their clients? (or someone they know well)

Steve Stone till the end of the season and appoint a board member who has worked in football before! Then as a club, look for a CEO in the summer. Don''t use a bloody agency again!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Balls who got £90k for appointing Moxey. An appointment that has failed and probably cost us a lot of money if we''ve had to agree a payoff.[/quote]

Lovely bit of tabloid spin there, as you sure you''re not Charlie Wyatt?

I''d be interested in a solicitor''s view on all this settlement talk. My understanding is that as he has only worked for us for 6 months he will have accrued very few employment rights - the qualifying period for unfair dismissal is two years isn''t it?+ he''s not on a footballer''s fixed term contract that has to be paid up in full.I''m sure there be payment in lieu of notice + some other money to sugar the pill but I can''t see why there would be a big pay off.

How is that tabloid spin. It''s one of the things he did in the summer that was used to justify the payment he received. Another (which he doesn''t admit to public ally) was possibly also to give our rubbish manager an unnecessary new contract.

Payment in lieu of notice appears to be what McNally got. If Moxey is on a decent contract he probably gets a years pay.

It''s not looking too good Jim.

A period of poor judgment and decision making equalled only by his failure as a politician.

Tabloid spin is the adjustment of Neil''s contract which was given to him under the previous CEO watch. Anyone would think that AN could have been sacked with minimal compensation if only DM was still here. As if.

Course he couldn''t but the key question is whether it would have cost a lot less. The club has never refuted the claim that his notice period was adjusted.

A close friend of mine knows someone relatively high up in the club, who wouldn''t spill the beans, but did tell my friend it was ''the best day of his professional life''. Make of that what you will.

Delia is a tough cookie and her resilience in supporting AN may have been at odds with Moxey. Perhaps he wanted AN out but her judgement and character was a formidable obstacle to how he likes to do business.

Hope Dear Delia is proved correct. OTBC.

Y

I too was wondering about investment being the reason for him going and if so it will make finding a replacement very difficult.

We are in an industry with costs spiralling out of control and every transfer window sees the money needed to buy a player and pay their wages significantly increasing. Income is in decline if the club isn''t in the top tier. The usual way to overcome this scenario is to seek outside investment. We all know that the owners don''t want to give up control and Moxey, in his first interview, said that investors always want control.

Knowing that outside investment is off the agenda and Nephew Tom probably not up for relinquishing control, who on earth would want to come here as CEO?

At the AGM Moxey confirmed that he was on a one year rolling contract so, presumably, this implies a year''s salary as compensation for loss of office. Can''t help but think Moxey quite rightly wanted to replace the manager but was overruled by the owners.

Course he couldn''t but the key question is whether it would have cost a lot less. The club has never refuted the claim that his notice period was adjusted.

The club never comment on those sort of stories. From what I''ve heard it wouldn''t have been a lot less.

I just wonder now how long it becomes messagebord accepted ''fact'' that Moxey wanted AN out or Moxey wanted investment but was thwarted by Delia.

Give it enough time Moxey will join the Bowkett, McNally, Lafferty, Canos, Becchio, Fox syndrome

Waggers: "Income is in decline if the club isn''t in the top tier. The usual way to overcome this scenario is to seek outside investment."

I would have thought the usual way to overcome this is to reduce spending? I would presume you believe outside investment would help because it would lead to promotion, generating additional income? Otherwise known as gambling (see Aston Villa and the rest).

Think he may be on a wind up but someone who definitely would know has told me Tom, with Ed to help assist.
Can''t believe for a second that would be true.

Nuff Said: I would have thought the usual way to overcome this is to reduce spending? I would presume you believe outside investment would help because it would lead to promotion, generating additional income? Otherwise known as gambling (see Aston Villa and the rest).

In a "normal" business, cut costs yes, but in my opinion football is different and not normal. If you cut costs by reducing money spent on player recruitment and wages, in theory you get an inferior team which delivers results you don''t want and falling down the tiers. This in turn leads to even less income.

All football investment is a gamble. Some of the investors though have a significant amount of money to gamble with should they choose to. If Delia sticks £10m in the club it must pay off but if Randy Learner, with a net worth of $1.1b, does the same then there''s less financial pressure for it to work at Villa. Without that investment I don''t see promotion as a realistic possibility next season if we miss out this year. Too many gamblers in our division :)

[quote user="South_Stand_Canary"][quote user="morty"]Charlie Wyett saying on twitter that Jez had a falling out with Delia.[/quote]

So are we only believing twitter when it suits us?

Not looking for an argument- its just that frequently people say we cant believe the stuff posted on social media.[/quote]Charlie Wyett''s as reliable as anyone.

[quote user="waggers"]Nuff Said: I would have thought the usual way to overcome this is to reduce spending? I would presume you believe outside investment would help because it would lead to promotion, generating additional income? Otherwise known as gambling (see Aston Villa and the rest).

In a "normal" business, cut costs yes, but in my opinion football is different and not normal. If you cut costs by reducing money spent on player recruitment and wages, in theory you get an inferior team which delivers results you don''t want and falling down the tiers. This in turn leads to even less income.

All football investment is a gamble. Some of the investors though have a significant amount of money to gamble with should they choose to. If Delia sticks £10m in the club it must pay off but if Randy Learner, with a net worth of $1.1b, does the same then there''s less financial pressure for it to work at Villa. Without that investment I don''t see promotion as a realistic possibility next season if we miss out this year. Too many gamblers in our division :)[/quote]

I''d be surprised if randy Lerner put in another £1 let alone £10mil...

Though I do agree, too many gamblers in our division and some of them are going to come crashing down soon, which is when being a well run club might be a massive advantage...

I am eating at Delia''s restaurant tonight, in between courses I''ll go snooping around and see what I can find out, and report back.[;)] 

[quote user="Horse Renoir"]We had no one else in mind so had to use an agency. They recommended him.

Hopefully Steve Stone turns out to be a great CEO or we''ll have to go down that route again as somehow, nobody left at board level has any idea how to find a CEO anymore.

I wish we still had someone like Bowkett on board. We appointed McNally pretty sharpish once he was elected to the board.
I don''t wanna have to use an agency again. That''s the equivalent of a club using an agent to help them find players! Who do you think they''re gonna recommend. The best player or one of their clients? (or someone they know well)

Steve Stone till the end of the season and appoint a board member who has worked in football before! Then as a club, look for a CEO in the summer. Don''t use a bloody agency again![/quote]McNally came first, in June 2009. Almost certainly a Smith and Jones choice, on Hodgson''s recommendation. Bowkett joined the board in July.

[quote user="morty"]I am eating at Delia''s restaurant tonight, in between courses I''ll go snooping around and see what I can find out, and report back.[;)] [/quote]

I spoken to the chef, he says if you order the alphabetti spaghetti he''ll spell out what really happened.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="morty"]My ITK source may be along with some news very soon....[/quote]

Think you''ll find Wyett''s nailed it already.[/quote]Possible news about an appointment...[/quote]Well I hope Steve Stone gets it.Not that it''s a clincher but he came across very well at the fans forum a while back.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"]I am eating at Delia''s restaurant tonight, in between courses I''ll go snooping around and see what I can find out, and report back.[;)] [/quote]I spoken to the chef, he says if you order the alphabetti spaghetti he''ll spell out what really happened.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="morty"]I am eating at Delia''s restaurant tonight, in between courses I''ll go snooping around and see what I can find out, and report back.[;)] [/quote]

I spoken to the chef, he says if you order the alphabetti spaghetti he''ll spell out what really happened.

[/quote]*taps nose*