Sign in to follow this  
morty

Jez Moxey

Wyett is reasonably accurate when it comes to City and I bet his ''source'' couldn''t wait to spill this goss! Can honestly believe it taken in context with Morty''s good points earlier!

[quote user="morty"]High ticket prices for the cup game, that staged interview, not meeting with fans groups.Lets face it, he wasn''t the guy for the job.[/quote]
This feels about right to me. We all know how Delia likes the idea of a community club with close links to the fans so could also be grounds for a bit of a fall out. I hope you''re right Morty as that''s something that can be put right much more easily than a full blown boardroom rift in policy

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]....just throwing this out there?.......what if this "falling out" centred around the fact that Moxey wanted to sack Neil but the rest of the board didn''t??

.....Jez may have been the good guy???[/quote]I have no inside information, but it could be even more specific than that. That Moxey had pressed the case for Rowett in particular, knowing he was available and willing to come (hence the story about Rowett waiting to be offered the job), and a majority of diirectors had stuck with Neil. But against that, or alongside that, the Wyett  piece suggests more than one area of disagreement, over time.

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Cobain18. Allegedly, the role wasn''t what he thought it was - one could argue he''s been a bit naive if that''s the case.

Or was he told a different story and he''s seen the reality?[/quote]

You could draw that conclusion!

It sounds as if Moxey couldn''t put up with Delia''s constant interference. Time for Wynn-Jones to stop being the cowardly lion and tell his wife to button it!

[quote user="morty"]Charlie Wyett saying on twitter that Jez had a falling out with Delia.[/quote]

How do you overcome that? Need a CEO that knows about football and won''t disagree with Delia?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps6cp7i3jy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps6cp7i3jy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Contain

"How do you overcome that? Need a CEO that knows about football and won''t disagree with Delia? "

Now that''s a tricky one.

As Cobain says read Ian Clarks bit just posted on front page of pink un. That went up pretty damn quick and it seems to me he knows quite a lot of what has gone on is going on.

[quote user="morty"]My ITK source may be along with some news very soon....[/quote]

Think you''ll find Wyett''s nailed it already.

Something is very wrong.

Agreeing to pay off McNasty, months later Moxey resigns just after the transfer window.

Who the fu@k is running this panto.

Serious problems with the owners.

[quote user="Cobain18"][quote user="morty"]My ITK source may be along with some news very soon....[/quote]

Think you''ll find Wyett''s nailed it already.[/quote]Possible news about an appointment...

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As Cobain says read Ian Clarks bit just posted on front page of pink un. That went up pretty damn quick and it seems to me he knows quite a lot of what has gone on is going on.[/quote]

Yep

It doesn''t look particularly good on the club or Moxey. The important thing is getting the right guy in. Regardless of promotion or not next season is going to be vital and an experienced CEO will be required. So that rules out Stone probably.

I suppose the areas where falling outs occurred would be over more than one thing but the most likely...

1) Alex Neil''s future

2) Ticket pricing for the cup

3) Selling players and valuations

4) Buying players and valuations

With Jez history in the transfer market it wouldn''t surprise me if he was very against signing Wildshut for that amount of money. Maybe that''s why there was such a delay announcing it?

They released the statement at 8:55pm so its probably been common knowledge within the club most of the afternoon and press would have been informed before the statement was posted woudn''t they?

The other thing worth noting is if there has been all this unrest for sometime then that would be extremely difficult circumstances to manage under and could potentially be a small partial defence of the terrible run we''ve been under until recently.

Moxey was unpopular with Norwich supporters who aren''t sorry to see him go.

But his departure is just a continuation of top level walk-outs so the issues go back well before his time?

Are we naive enough to believe the problems afflicting Norwich City are just because of Jez Moxey?

The post of CEO demands the post-holder be allowed the latitude to do the job otherwise you are not a CEO.

The whole club is in the thrall of an intransigent old woman.

Before the window Moxey said "It''s going to be a busy window", and err, it wasn''t.I still think that being stuck with Bassong, Lafferty, Mulumbu, Ruddy, Turner, etc hasn''t helped matters.

[quote user="The Nightfly"]Rudolph gets it![/quote]Its a balance though, yes the CEO has to have the right amount of power to run the club on a daily basis, but the board are also there for teh bigger decisions.I heard (and this isn''t a dig, I liked the guy) that towards the end of his time McNally got a bit above himself and started making decisions he shouldn''t have been.Its imporrtant the board and the CEO are all on the same page, and its pretty clear Jez wasn''t.