morty

Jez Moxey

Moxey was not a good fit at the club

lets face it we hire professional scouts

we have former players on our books

Stone knows finance same as Mcnally did

lets face it Mcnally was sales and marketing Director at celtic

and he didnt turn out to bad !!

how does anyone on this Board know if Stone can be a good CEO or not ?

This football Knowledge stuff well did Mcnally learn that when he was at Sara Lee, L''Oreal and Courtaulds ????

[quote user="king canary"]It is all a bit concerning.

My gut feel is the club works best when the majority shareholders take a step back and let the more commercial/football minded people take control. We''re now in a situation that our board consists of Delia and Michael, their nephew and their friend Ed Balls.

I don''t know if Moxey is good at his job and I have zero idea of whether he needed to go or not. I am certain though that we need more footballing knowledge on the board, someone with fresh eyes from outside of our current circle and someone who will be left alone to do their job.[/quote]

But that is not going to happen. Clearly, the majority shareholders (NOT owners) regard it as their Club and expect paid employees to follow instructions.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]I think I am missing something here but why do posters supporting Steve Stone think he would be a good appointment.

I can see that he could well be a good choice for leading all things administrative - including finance (obviously), and PR.

But with a board otherwise comprised of those with no or limited football expertise, surely we would need a CEO to be able to provide expert football advice to the board to plug that gap. Similarly even if you put transfer matters in AN''s hands you would still need a CEO (in our set up) to have football expertise to provide a check and balance.

From what I have read Steve Stone does not have that in his background, and whilst he may have a learnt a bit in his time as interim CEO with us, that is hardly the depth of experience we need.[/quote]

But the Club has a policy of letting key people "learn on the job". Just look at AN.

Found this comment on another football forum

Wow. As it happens I was sitting on a FA committee today with Jez with no hint of this. Didn''t see that coming :-/

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/265262/fat-controller#ixzz4Xe7kqdWg

i dont think Moxey did see it coming ;-)

but back to the question to stone we hired Moxey well know in the game

CEO for years at a football club experienced etc did he do a good job ?

so its about people that can do a job for us and if Stone is that man then so be it

IF i had a choice between stone or Moxey i know stone would be the man for me

[quote user="Greavsy"]The statement says

''Board takes time to deliberate on a fresh approach to how we go about our business and secure the best future structure for the Club.''

Implying they are looking at the structure, not the incumbents as yet. I think we can expect more twists and turns with out BOD on this.[/quote]How we go about our business now and the planning and work towards the future structure for the Club all has to be compatible with and a focus on Nephew Tom taking the reigns.

[quote user="king canary"]@diane

Without meaning to be rude, I couldn''t care less if Stone was impressive at a fans forum. It doesn''t mean he is good for the job.[/quote]
I don''t mean to be rude either lol  but where did I say he is good for the job? What I said was '''' I hope he proves himself over the next few months and might be considered again''''

norfolkbroadslim wrote the following post at 03/02/2017 6:15 PM:

Greavsy wrote:

The statement says ''Board takes time to deliberate on a fresh approach to how we go about our business and secure the best future structure for the Club.'' Implying they are looking at the structure, not the incumbents as yet. I think we can expect more twists and turns with out BOD on this.

How we go about our business now and the planning and work towards the future structure for the Club all has to be compatible with and a focus on Nephew Tom taking the reigns."

Yes indeed. Whether Moxeys departure has anything to do with that I doubt. The opportunity might now be taken however to further develop the master plan.

[quote user="Webbo118"]But the Club has a policy of letting key people "learn on the job". Just look at AN.[/quote]

I am not sure it is a policy, but I accept it does happen.

Normally you would expect your top executive to already be fit for purpose. But if you are going to have somebody learn on the job then it would be good practice to have a mentor available.

Roy Hodgson was suggested earlier in the thread. A role as an advisor to the board could be a way of filling the gap in the short term.

@norfolkngood

Who does he have to learn it from here?

I don''t see anyone on the board who looks like they know how to negotiate a transfer or deal with contracts or with a contact book that lets them speak to owners/CEOs and agents.

I think this board desperately needs someone who has some footballing experience outside of the Norwich City bubble.

Genuine question - Do we need a new CEO at the very top at all? It seems like Moxey did pretty much nothing of value in the six months that he was here; Stone was the one actually doing most of the financial stuff. Apart from being a ''figurehead'' and signing off on things, I''m not actually clear on his purpose. Maybe better not to replace him at all, keep Stone as Director of Finance and bring in a Director of Football (Hodgson the obvious candidate for that) to work alongside him but focused more on liaising with the playing and coaching staff; maybe with a Director of Communications or something as well to deal with fans and promoting the club.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Genuine question - Do we need a new CEO at the very top at all? It seems like Moxey did pretty much nothing of value in the six months that he was here; Stone was the one actually doing most of the financial stuff. Apart from being a ''figurehead'' and signing off on things, I''m not actually clear on his purpose. Maybe better not to replace him at all, keep Stone as Director of Finance and bring in a Director of Football (Hodgson the obvious candidate for that) to work alongside him but focused more on liaising with the playing and coaching staff; maybe with a Director of Communications or something as well to deal with fans and promoting the club.[/quote]

^I have been thinking this very thought since McNally left.

To be fair Steve would potentially be an exciting appointment. Anyone who knows him knows he''s a gambling man...

It was a huge, massive task for Moxey to clean up Bowkett & McNally''s mess. I don''t fully know what went on but I was left with the impression that Moxey wasn''t acting as if he''d just walked into a disaster area. It was like a rescue worker turning up to a city flattened by an earthquake and saying, "let''s sweep some of this dust up" rather than rescuing trapped people.Still no sign of Ed Balls'' 10 year plan, it seems as if the club are happy to drift around with their ''lets spend every spare penny on players and cross our fingers'' strategy.We''re in a huge hole. Moxey leaving, regardless of what he''s done (or not done), means that it''s just got bigger.

Michael Bailey''s interview with Steve Stone today, could someone clicky for me.

Interesting points over 19,000 have already renewed and there''s 1200 on waiting list plus other bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptgz8i5nVmw

I for one will be happy if Steve Stone gets the CEO on a permanent basis, he seems astute, conscientious of what NCFC is all about, genuine, and a people person. I won''t pretend I know the ins and outs of the CEO job, but I suspect he''s just what we need.

Jez Moxey, well, I was worried when he came in and was equally delighted when he resigned. It''s been a good week at NCFC as far as I''m concerned.

hogesar wrote To be fair Steve would potentially be an exciting appointment. Anyone who knows him knows he''s a gambling man...

Bingo!

If Ed the Balls was given £90,000 for 3 months serious hard an'' sterling work......What then, was Steve Stone given Wonga wise as our NCFC acting/interim CEO?

Possibly ''Stoney'' was presented with a used an'' ragged replica Norwich City Digital Phone Company footy shirt?.....10% off a Burger & Chips in ''Yellows''?.....Maybe a used ''Golden Goal ticket'' from when we played Arsenal at home last season?......

Or, was Mr Stone given a similar or much less amount that Ed was given - before Ed went trippin'' the light fantastico?